To all who hate the stars & bars because "it means slavery"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Praise the Lord for William Wilberforce and what he did concerning slavery.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I beginning to wonder if all this flack about the Confederate flag is nothing more than a smokescreen, the real target being the US flag.

11430135_1600945480175736_4929729628699656646_o_zpsfqlo2hjs.jpg

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope, I'm a Conservative, who along with almost every Republican in office today, is calling for a flag that symbolizes racial hatred to be removed from government property.

See ya, don't let your Confederate Flag hit you in the you know what.
The Confederate Flag issue could be a divider of the nation.

drbrumley

The Confederate Flag issue could be a divider of the nation.

You maybe right, but the people "states" have the right to leave a Union they themselves created. Something Lincoln didn't want to happen and used force to keep it that way.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, it could be.

It's hard to believe there are actually people who defend it.

I wonder if they are defending the Confederacy more than the Confederate Flag. The flag can be as just a flag, as a divider of America, or a representation of terrible period of time in our nation, centering on the Civil War pitting a nation against itself through the north and the south.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Texas has threatened to leave the union a few times, thry can but they will not.

And Vermont threatened to secede after George W. Bush was elected.

Ain't no way Texas or any other state is seceding without violent revolution.

As for Texas:

"When, therefore, Texas became one of the United States, she entered into an indissoluble relation. All the obligations of perpetual union, and all the guaranties of republican government in the Union, attached at once to the State. The act which consummated her admission into the Union was something more than a compact; it was the incorporation of a new member into the political body. And it was final. The union between Texas and the other States was as complete, as perpetual, and as indissoluble as the union between the original States. There was no place for reconsideration or revocation, except through revolution or through consent of the States." - Supreme Court Justice Salmon P. Chase

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And who are they, rubber stampers.

They are the final authority on Constitution Law.

That doesn't mean they are always right (i.e. Dred Scott)

However, they have already ruled on succession.

I saw it. I would hate to see it, but if a state and its people want to leave, the only recourse is to destroy it?

Destroy what?

drbrumley

They are the final authority on Constitution Law.

That doesn't mean they are always right (i.e. Dred Scott)

However, they have already ruled on succession.

So, thank you for reminding us all that we are not indeed free. Oh, and I didn't realize our rights were up to 9 black robed "Gods" in Washington. That our rights come from the government and not God.

Destroy what?

The state that decides to leave the Union.

drbrumley

And by the way Tet, please, show us the part in the Constitution that forbids secession. Much appreciated.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, thank you for reminding us all that we are not indeed free. Oh, and I didn't realize our rights were up to 9 black robed "Gods" in Washington. That our rights come from the government and not God.

No country is perfect. However the USA is the greatest country ever.

Don't make the perfect the enemy of the good!

The state that decides to leave the Union.

The only way a violent revolution resulting in a successful succession would ever happen is if about half the country split from the other half.

I don't see that happening.

drbrumley

No country is perfect. However the USA is the greatest country ever.

Your right, no country is perfect, no man is perfect. USA was the greatest.Still the best in the world, but not the greatest. She has slipped and is severely hurt, maybe fatally.

Don't make the perfect the enemy of the good!

You can rest assured I don't.

The only way a violent revolution resulting in a successful succession would ever happen is if about half the country split from the other half.

I don't see that happening.

And it won't. Unless we as a nation can grow a backbone. And that was tried and the the south lost. And the same contemptible rulers who rule us as they did then WILL NOT ALLOW it.

Status
Not open for further replies.