New International PerVersion

Daniel1611

I've already answered you on this. ALL the manuscripts disagree less than 3% overall and as modern translations use all manuscripts, there is not much in the way of disagreement among them.

Now if you have a PERTINENT point to make then make it. Casting unsupportable doubt on God's Word accomplishes NOTHING productive.

The texts can agree but not be reliable. Copies of the Koran agree, but I do not believe they are accurate records. See my point?

This Charming Manc

A KJV onlyist has an emotional need for the KJV to be right and everything else to be wrong, arguing with them is pointless.

Because they need a infallible version they will ignore any local argument or evidence that points towards the KJV not beign the orginal version which all other translations should be compared to.

How could I tell? They're one off texts. They weren't recopied, preserved and passed down like the TR and masoretic

Daniel1611

So
A KJV onlyist has an emotional need for the KJV to be right and everything else to be wrong, arguing with them is pointless.

Because they need a infallible version they will ignore any local argument or evidence that points towards the KJV not beign the orginal version which all other translations should be compared to.

The supporters of modern Versions have an emotional need to not have an inerrant Bible. I've always said their problem isn't with the KJV. Their problem is that they don't believe in or want an inspired and preserved word of God.

StanJ

How could I tell? They're one off texts. They weren't recopied, preserved and passed down like the TR and Masoretic

Apparently you don't know what the oldest extant scriptures is that we do have do you?

The earliest Masoretic Texts are from the 10th century CE, well after the LXX and the Dead Sea Scrolls, so I'm afraid you're full of it.
That Judaism prefers it to others does NOT make it better. The TR is also not the mostly widely used for the NT but in either case you have not supplied anything of credence that supports your assertions.

Daniel1611

Apparently you don't know what the oldest extant scriptures is that we do have do you?

The earliest Masoretic Texts are from the 10th century CE, well after the LXX and the Dead Sea Scrolls, so I'm afraid you're full of it.
That Judaism prefers it to others does NOT make it better. The TR is also not the mostly widely used for the NT but in either case you have not supplied anything of credence that supports your assertions.

So older means accurate?

StanJ

So

The supporters of modern Versions have an emotional need to not have an inerrant Bible. I've always said their problem isn't with the KJV. Their problem is that they don't believe in or want an inspired and preserved word of God.

That would be a fallacious assertion born by your obvious contempt for the MAJORITY view.

Daniel1611

This refers to speech and word, NOT written scripture.
Please place you call again.

Said who? You? It says they were corrupting the word of God in Pauls day. But you expect me to believe some Catholic manuscript from a garbage can is true just because it's old?

StanJ

Said who? You? It says they were corrupting the word of God in Pauls day. But you expect me to believe some Catholic manuscript from a garbage can is true just because it's old?

Well as you evidently DON'T know, yes, ME.

Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.(NIV)

Again if you have an assertion, back it up with a factual citation, instead of all your unsubstantiated rhetoric.

Daniel1611

Well as you evidently DON'T know, yes, ME.

Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.(NIV)

Again if you have an assertion, back it up with a factual citation, instead of all your unsubstantiated rhetoric.

God says he preserves his word. The TR down through the KJV. Yet you say it was hidden untill the 1800s when the critical text was discovered. That's my proof. God preserved his word and there have always been 7,000 men who haven't bowed the knee to Baal