Nontrinitarianism

brinny

We all concur that Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God, the God of the living, is Savior and died for our sins, yes?

(if not please share why not)

is it possible to be a Savior if one is "created"?

Thank you kindly.

Sancocho

Not so Totton. The purpose is to seek truth.

Unfortunately it seems that those who deny the Trinity want God for themselves and only for themselves. I am afraid they have embraced something altogether different - and not out of love either.

Sancocho

That may be true, but we can understand his son. They are not one and the same being. All power was given to the son by his God. The son had beginning as he is the express image of the creator.

The Word was made flesh, before that Jesus said "I am".

achduke

It is written that the King of Righteousness is without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

The King was made like the Son of God because the Son of God had not yet been born.

Where is this written? Is it in scripture?

achduke

I accidentally stumbled onto a thread today. Come to find out, it was a debate about the trinity vs anti-trinity.

It got me to thinking.

Does Nontrinitarianism believe that Jesus was created?

Thank you kindly.

Deuteronomy 18:15 The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.

Acts 7:55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.

brinny

Originally Posted by brinny View Post
I accidentally stumbled onto a thread today. Come to find out, it was a debate about the trinity vs anti-trinity.

It got me to thinking.

Thank you kindly.

Deuteronomy 18:5 The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.

Acts 7:55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.

Thank you kindly for the Bible verses. However i'm not following how they answer the question posed, unless i'm missing something? If so, i apologize.

achduke

Unfortunately it seems that those who deny the Trinity want God for themselves and only for themselves. I am afraid they have embraced something altogether different - and not out of love either.

This is pure judging and opinion with nothing to back it up. Not even one shred of scripture. I do not believe anything you wrote above. I Love God and his son and want to only be God's servant and be with him and the rest of his church. Why should we put God in a box or label God?

Job 31:33
31 “Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades?
Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons[c]
or lead out the Bear[d] with its cubs?
33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?

1 Kings 8:27
27“But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built!

Numbers 23:19 God is not human, that he should lie,
not a human being, that he should change his mind.

achduke

Thank you kindly for the Bible verses. However i'm not following how they answer the question posed, unless i'm missing something? If so, i apologize.

Deuteronomy shows that God will raise up a prophet and then put his WORD in his mouth. Is the Man God or is the WORD that is in him God and instructs him?

Deuteronomy 18:15 The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.

Deuteronomy 18:17-18
17The Lord said to me: “What they say is good.
18I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him.

John 14:10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

The Father lives and dwells in Jesus. The WORD is speaking.

Jesus is the temple of God.

John 2:20 They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” 21But the temple he had spoken of was his body

brinny

Deuteronomy shows that God will raise up a prophet and then put his WORD in his mouth. Is the Man God or is the WORD that is in him God and instructs him?

Deuteronomy 18:17-18
17The Lord said to me: “What they say is good.
18I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him.

John 14:10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

The Father lives and dwells in Jesus. The WORD is speaking.

Jesus is the temple of God.

John 2:20 They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” 21But the temple he had spoken of was his body

The first verse you posted actually could apply to any prophet, for all of God's prophets did this very thing. Otherwise they would not have been His prophets. They all spoke His Words that He put into them, did they not? However, none of them qualified to be a Savior and to die on the cross, shedding blood for our sins, did they? Why not?

Thank you kindly.

achduke

The first verse you posted actually could apply to any prophet, for all of God's prophets did this very thing. Otherwise they would not have been His prophets. They all spoke His Words that He put into them, did they not? However, none of them qualified to be a Savior and to die on the cross, shedding blood for our sins, did they? Why not?

Thank you kindly.

The prophet Moses is talking about is another prophet like Moses. Has there ever been another prophet like Moses. Who else is like Moses? Christ is greater than Moses. Moses sinned. Christ did not sin.

brinny

The prophet Moses is talking about is another prophet like Moses. Has there ever been another prophet like Moses. Who else is like Moses? Christ is greater than Moses. Moses sinned. Christ did not sin.

John the Baptist was not a prophet?

Did Jesus the Christ come to earth to be a prophet?

Thank you kindly.

achduke

John the Baptist was not a prophet?

Did Jesus the Christ come to earth to be a prophet?

Thank you kindly.

Was John the Baptist like Moses? Did he perform great miracles by the power of God? Did he part the sea like Moses? Did he bring people back from the Dead like Christ?

Christ is the Son of God. He is not just a great Prophet but he is a phrophet. Did he not phropisize the future?

brinny

Was John the Baptist like Moses? Did he perform great miracles by the power of God? Did he part the sea like Moses? Did he bring people back from the Dead like Christ?

Christ is the Son of God. He is not just a great Prophet but he is a phrophet. Did he not phropisize the future?

Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God, the God of the living, was a prophet then? He came to earth to raise the dead, heal the sick, etc.? Who was He paving the way for?

Thank you kindly.

Sancocho

This is pure judging and opinion with nothing to back it up. Not even one shred of scripture. I do not believe anything you wrote above. I Love God and his son and want to only be God's servant and be with him and the rest of his church. Why should we put God in a box or label God?

If your motive is love of Christ as the only begotten Son of the Creator made flesh and our Savior then my quote obviously doesn't apply to you.

However, I can say with complete confidence that many Protestants have built their doctrine around hate of the Catholic Church and will twist Scripture to attempt to make it fit. Their motive is not love of God nor of their fellow man, which is the purpose of the Law and the Gospel, but a desire to distinguish themselves at the expense of other Christians. May God have mercy on them.

achduke

Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God, the God of the living, was a prophet then? He came to earth to raise the dead, heal the sick, etc.? Who was He paving the way for?

Thank you kindly.

Jesus referred to himself as a phrophet.

Mar 6:4 But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country, among his own relatives, and in his own house."

A phrophet prophesies for God about the future and instructs God's Word.

brinny

Jesus referred to himself as a phrophet.

Mar 6:4 But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country, among his own relatives, and in his own house."

A phrophet prophesies for God about the future and instructs God's Word.

Who was Jesus the Christ paving the way for?

Thank you kindly.

oatmeal

It got me to thinking.

Thank you kindly.

Were you created? Was I created?

Was Adam and Eve created?

Or rather, was creation the only method God used to produce Adam and Eve?

Isaiah 43:7 KJV

Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

There were three totally different processes that God used to produce those that are called by God's name.

1. created

2. formed

3. made

God did not repeat himself, there are three distinct processes involved.

Create does not mean form, form does not mean made.....

There are three distinct parts to a believer.

I Thessalonians 5:23

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1. Spirit

2. soul

3. body

Spirit here refers to eternal life spirit, soul means that which enlivens the body, and body is that which returns to dust and ashes when the soul dies

What was formed? Genesis 2:7 God formed Adam's body from the dust of the ground.

He did not become a living soul until God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, ie, soul. Soul, which is likewise found in animals.

Genesis 1:20-24

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

The words creature and life in the above verses is the word nephesh, soul.

Animals have soul. God adapted that soul, He made that soul that animals have fit for the human being.

God made the soul of man.

What is the image of God that God created? God is spirit. John 4:24

God created spirit in man.

Thus man was not just created, he was also formed and made according to Isaiah 43:7

So, what was your question about Jesus Christ?

Were you created? What does create mean as used in scripture?

To bring something into existence out of nothing. Genesis 1:1,21,27

Only God can create and all that was necessary for body and soul to exist was created in Genesis 1.

I still have not answered your question, but without the above information, my answer would not mean much to anyone

achduke

Who was Jesus the Christ paving the way for?

Thank you kindly.

Christ is the way. He prophesied for God. Christ died for our sins. I am not quite sure what you are asking. Does every phrophet need to pave the way for something? Where is this written in scripture?

brinny

Were you created? Was I created?

Was Adam and Eve created?

Or rather, was creation the only method God used to produce Adam and Eve?

Isaiah 43:7 KJV

Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

There were three totally different processes that God used to produce those that are called by God's name.

1. created

2. formed

3. made

God did not repeat himself, there are three distinct processes involved.

Create does not mean form, form does not mean made.....

There are three distinct parts to a believer.

I Thessalonians 5:23

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1. Spirit

2. soul

3. body

Spirit here refers to eternal life spirit, soul means that which enlivens the body, and body is that which returns to dust and ashes when the soul dies

What was formed? Genesis 2:7 God formed Adam's body from the dust of the ground.

He did not become a living soul until God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, ie, soul. Soul, which is likewise found in animals.

Genesis 1:20-24

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

The words creature and life in the above verses is the word nephesh, soul.

Animals have soul. God adapted that soul, He made that soul that animals have fit for the human being.

God made the soul of man.

What is the image of God that God created? God is spirit. John 4:24

God created spirit in man.

Thus man was not just created, he was also formed and made according to Isaiah 43:7

So, what was your question about Jesus Christ?

Were you created? What does create mean as used in scripture?

To bring something into existence out of nothing. Genesis 1:1,21,27

Only God can create and all that was necessary for body and soul to exist was created in Genesis 1.

I still have not answered your question, but without the above information, my answer would not mean much to anyone

I concur. It doesn't answer the question,. Nevertheless, thank you for your very thoughtful post.

Would you care to answer the question now?

Thank you kindly.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I concur. It doesn't answer the question,. Nevertheless, thank you for your very thoughtful post.

Would you care to answer the question now?

Thank you kindly.

notice how long the post must be to hide the fact that they can't or won't answer the question?