ECT There be many Galatians nowadays

God's Truth

Those who teach "no...but we must obey Jesus before we can be saved" it makes such good old common sense doesn't it?

What a treadmill it is

You must obey in order to be saved, but you cain't obey until you first get saved. No wonder they are not so joyful anymore, they's on a treadmill and the devil is flogging them into red hot zeal.

I do not preach circumcision of the flesh. I preach to obey Jesus. Jesus did not preach to be circumcised of the flesh. Jesus taught to obey him and that he fulfilled everything.

We must obey Jesus' teachings. Jesus taught to be humble, to repent, to forgive.

We have to obey Jesus.

God's Truth

OSAS was and is a derogatory term, the fact that we have bought it and argue for it does not change that...just as Christians was a derogatory term.

However I like to steer the opposers of OSAS to the bible name which is everlasting life...is it a free gift? do they have it? then how can they lose it?

We have to obey Jesus to be saved, and we have to keep obeying Jesus to remain saved.

John 15:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.

musterion

OSAS was and is a derogatory term,

I disagree. It is USED that way by people who oppose it, but in itself it is not derogatory. It is true.

the fact that we have bought it and argue for it does not change that...
"We" don't argue for it. YOU believe in Perseverance of the Saints, a very different doctrine.

However I like to steer the opposers of OSAS to the bible name which is everlasting life...is it a free gift? do they have it? then how can they lose it?
That doesn't help with those who are fooled into thinking members of Christ's Body can be severed and cast into the Lake of Fire. They believe in eternal life...only with the caveat that it's conditional, probational and possible to lose, forfeit or sin away. Yes, I know that makes it somewhat less than "eternal," but that's how foolish and fooled they are. In any event, it's not the same as your Perseverance.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
There is a doctrine called the perseverance of the saints, I prefer to say the preservation of the saints....those that hold the perseverance of the saints do so because they wish to promote holiness of life.

I BELIEVE in holiness of life but I do not believe salvation depends upon it. As you admit when people argue against eternal life they are easily defeated by the very term itself.

The bible does not say OSAS, it does say everlasting life and that as a free gift of grace.

Howbeit...please yourself bro....

musterion

I BELIEVE in holiness of life but I do not believe salvation depends upon it.

Same here.

So when someone like, say, Jason0047 (wherever he went), not to mention most Catholics, says OS-AS believers believe it only because it allows them to indulge in sin, do you find that accusation offensive and slanderous? Sincerely curious.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It shows a total lack of understanding of God and His ways....it is the total assurance of everlasting life as a free gift of pure grace that will make a person worship, will make them determine to walk upright before such a God of grace, will make a person hate to grieve the Father of love.

Love not fear produces the fruit aloved by God.

musterion

It shows a total lack of understanding of God and His ways....it is the total assurance of everlasting life as a free gift of pure grace that will make a person worship, will make them determine to walk upright before such a God of grace, will make a person hate to grieve the Father of love.

Agreed. Their false gospels cause them to project their own fear of damnation onto those who cannot own it.

God's Truth

I disagree. It is USED that way by people who oppose it, but in itself it is not derogatory. It is true.

"We" don't argue for it. YOU believe in Perseverance of the Saints, a very different doctrine.

That doesn't help with those who are fooled into thinking members of Christ's Body can be severed and cast into the Lake of Fire. They believe in eternal life...only with the caveat that it's conditional, probational and possible to lose, forfeit or sin away. Yes, I know that makes it somewhat less than "eternal," but that's how foolish and fooled they are. In any event, it's not the same as your Perseverance.

Musterion, you cannot set aside any scripture. Why do you set scripture aside?

Romans 11:20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble.

21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

Man, how I love the Word of God!

God's Truth

I take pleasure in the fear of the Lord.

God's Truth

Those who do not obey the scriptures that say we are to fear God, they do not overcome sin, because it is that fear of God that helps one overcome sin. I delight in the fear of the Lord.

Isaiah 11:3 and he will delight in the fear of the LORD.

musterion

You are speaking of earthly things. That scripture is about separating oneself from those who do not love God.

Where's your dung shovel?

Or are you going to ignore that Scripture as well?

On what authority do you disregard certain parts of God's Word as "earthly" and others as not? Please explain that.

musterion

GT?

On what authority do you set aside God's Word and Law as "earthly," when you're the one who obeys ALL of God's Word?

God's Truth

Where's your dung shovel?

Or are you going to ignore that Scripture as well?

On what authority do you disregard certain parts of God's Word as "earthly" and others as not? Please explain that.

Jesus makes us clean. The Holy Spirit makes a people separate unto the Lord, not all wool clothes.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
People who preach obedience to commands are like the Jews in the wilderness, when God said go in occupy the promise land they refused to go, they listened to the bad report. So God ordered them back into the wilderness of sin. Now when God ordered them back they decided they would after all go in and claim their inheritance.

Whatever God tells them they disobey.

So these folks, when they were sinners under the law they disobeyed the law, indeed they were incapable of obedience. So God graciously showed them the faith way to righteousness, salvation by simple faith in Christ which sets us FREE from all the things which the law could not....but now they insist on being placed once more under the law.

Whatever God tells them they disobey. You can tell it is a snare of the devil because that is all they can say "obey, obey, obey" they are like folks caught on a nail. They can't go on in the things of God, they do not grow in grace and knowledge, learning precious doctrines.

The devil has them where he can flog them on every failure, and they in turn are looking for others to flog. And they wonder why we will have none of it.

We are into something more precious and wonderful than that, we are walking with the King.

musterion

If you obeyed everything Jesus says in the New Testament, the New Covenant, than you would be given understanding.

Why do you limit Christ to the words He spoke while on earth in the flesh?

He is I AM. He spoke to Moses in the burning bush. On the other end of the scriptural spectrum, He spoke through Paul, and with equal authority.

Do you agree with that?

God's Truth

Why do you limit Christ to the words He spoke while on earth in the flesh?
I do no such thing.

Don't you know that New Testament means New Covenant?

Don' you know that when a covenant is made it must be followed exactly?

Jesus came and gave us a New Covenant.

Jesus does not teach about cotton and polyester blends.

God's Truth

People who preach obedience to commands are like the Jews in the wilderness, when God said go in occupy the promise land they refused to go, they listened to the bad report. So God ordered them back into the wilderness of sin. Now when God ordered them back they decided they would after all go in and claim their inheritance.

Whatever God tells them they disobey.

So these folks, when they were sinners under the law they disobeyed the law, indeed they were incapable of obedience. So God graciously showed them the faith way to righteousness, salvation by simple faith in Christ which sets us FREE from all the things which the law could not....but now they insist on being placed once more under the law.

Whatever God tells them they disobey. You can tell it is a snare of the devil because that is all they can say "obey, obey, obey" they are like folks caught on a nail. They can't go on in the things of God, they do not grow in grace and knowledge, learning precious doctrines.

The devil has them where he can flog them on every failure, and they in turn are looking for others to flog. And they wonder why we will have none of it.

We are into something more precious and wonderful than that, we are walking with the King.

I would laugh but it is too pathetic.

Who but the devil would be behind those who preach against people who say to obey Jesus?

Think about it. Where ever in the Bible does it say those who preached obedience to God were wrong?

It is nowhere in the Bible.