• Not really

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Not at all

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Don't know

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

beanieboy

I like the English version of Trading Spaces (Trading Rooms?).
Trading Spaces always has people walking back into their rooms saying, "Oh My God! Oh My God! It's so beautiful!"
The English Version is, "Um, wow. This is, uh, interesting. Oh, man, I told them no frilly flowers. I left a note on their car begging them...

philosophizer

Most of them, I hate. Survivor's stupid. The Bachelor depresses me. I don't like the gross stuff on Fear Factor. And the upcoming one called something like "Next Action Star" looks terrible.

But some I like. My favorite is probably "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition." My wife and I always watch that. They go and remodel the homes of these families that all have some tragic history. They make the homes look awesome. It's much better than Trading Spaces because the designers are actually considerate of what the family wants.

beanieboy

I don't get the Bachelor kind of shows.

20 men or 20 women compete for the heart of one person, who dates them all, and all claim to be in love with the one person.

If someone told me that they went out with 20 other people simultaneously, and liked me the best, I would say no thanks. I would have totally lost interest.

Crow

Originally posted by beanieboy

I don't get the Bachelor kind of shows.

20 men or 20 women compete for the heart of one person, who dates them all, and all claim to be in love with the one person.

If someone told me that they went out with 20 other people simultaneously, and liked me the best, I would say no thanks. I would have totally lost interest.

That kind of show makes me ill. It is demeaning to all who participate in it, and reduces the ones competing for the "prize" to merchandise trying to market itself.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I like very few reality shows. I liked Murder in Small Town X, because it involved a mystery, and actors/tresses. I like Last Comic Standing because I like stand-up comedy. Other than that, they're mostly garbage or just of really low intelligence. I'll leave it to your imagination which category American Idol falls into, for me.

Elaine

Originally posted by ShadowMaid

But in all seriousness... we haven't had TV for six and a half years. I really don't remember shows like that. Not having TV gets you reading more. :D
Lol, Liz, you're not missing much!

Pritykity

Originally posted by cattyfan
For each "Everybody Loves Raymond" we are cursed with a "Yes Dear" "King of Queens" "According to Jim" and "Still Standing."

Different year, same selection. And very little creativity.

Aww, I like "Still Standing!" I think it's funny. (reminds me of my family sometimes.) ;)

firechyld

I don't mind American/Australian Idol... but I hate Popstars, even though it's the same model.

I'm not a fan of Big Brother or the like, but my boyfriend got me hooked on this season. Once you've watched a certain number of episodes, you can't go back. :)

I like Law and Order, and those kind of shows... based in a realistic world, based on true stories, but still well-acted fiction.

However, to be completely honest... my favourite genre is dodgy fantasy. Buffy, Angel, Charmed... things like that. *sheepish*

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
I like Survivor despite the fact that the strongest ones are usually voted off first. Which means that the people least likely to survive a wilderness survival experience win the million dollars. However it is good to see people react for the first time to hunger, and thirst, and isolation, from their natural family and freinds.
I think that the people that survive for more than 3 weeks truly will have had lasting life changing experiences. I do not think that too many of the other shows can say that, except for the winners of course.

Aimiel

I think it's funny how they're calling the latest scripted, directed and acted TV shows 'reality.' The closest that Hollywood has gotten to reality was Seinfeld, which follows along the lines of The Honeymooners or I Love Lucy. The documentaries which show reality are the best. I like Scientific American Frontiers and Nova. Reality is still far better than Hollywood's 'version' of reality. I think that we're, perhaps, being prepared for the next step in entertainment, which is Virtual Reality, where the 'viewers' are immersed in the 'show' and interact with it.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
The only 'reality' show I like is 'COPS'. It's fun watching drunks and drug dealers get busted. :cheers:

SOTK

I can't stand them, and I don't watch them. However, I'm okay with Monster Garage and American Choppers! All the other ones bug the crap out of me especially the scummy sexual ones! :mad:

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
I try to stay away from "reality" TV shows. Just too trashy for me. Well some of them are. I shun trading spaces, but I'd rather watch that than some other thing like Survivor or whatever else.

Galadrial

reality t.v. shows most suck but.........

reality t.v. shows most suck but.........

well, I voted not at all but I forgot about the trading spaces show I watch that show once and a while, its ok not the best show ever by far. and the one I love most but might not be concidered a reality show E.R.? that one I've watched for.....well ever since it started really!