ARCHIVE: Enyart on FOX

GraceInMe

Delicate Flower
Banned
Originally posted by Ryokan
I've turned out very well, as have my siblings, and we where never spanked. Grounded an awful lot, but not spanked.
And Enyart's as bad as O'Reilly.

I don't think anyone here is saying all kids need to be spanked to be good, I never got one. My brother on the other hand got a lot of them. Kids are all different, but if they need a spanking they should get one. This country should not tell us we can't spank.

Ryokan

Because there is a school of thought that says kids are evil and couldn't be motivated to do the right thing without the fear of pain. I think there is probably a better way, but I am not going to tell people to raise their kids unless they are causing more harm than spanking. And flogging is a really dumb idea. Enyart must be off his nut. Its cruel and unusual punishment, and leaves scars.

Alukard

Don't confuse the facts here,O'Reilly is not a fundamentalist convervative like Enyart, but he is considered by most an economic and political conservative. Just because he and Enyart but heads over spanking and flogging doesn't make O'Reilly any less conservative. That said, he is still wrong on many other issues I've heard him speak about, but granted I still like a lot of the things he has to say!

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
And flogging is a really dumb idea. Enyart must be off his nut. Its cruel and unusual punishment, and leaves scars.
And locking human beings up like animals is NOT cruel and unusual punishment? A flogging only takes a minute and then the criminal goes home where his wife is not deprived of her husband, where his kids are not deprived of their father, where he is (hopefully) gainfully employed, etc.

You would rather have him be sodomized in prison for 6 months? You're kidding, right?

Ryokan

I'd rather have someone who does that from their child imprisoned, and the child put in foster care. We should not become monsters because others are. And Prison leaves not visible marks usually. And I'd rather see no-one sodomized jefferson.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
We should not become monsters because others are.
My parents spanked me and they are far from "monsters." A calm, loving parental spanking is not the same thing as a frenzied, hateful beating. You don't see a difference between the two?

Ryokan

obviously, spankings is a legitimate parenting practice. I don't think its the best one in all(or most) case, but its fair and I am not going to tell people they shouldn't do it, especially since I don't have kids. You must see the difference between spanking and flogging, jefferson

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
You must see the difference between spanking and flogging, jefferson
Of course I do. It's just that anti-spanking zealots - in referring to spanking - will say things like, "you should never "hit" a child." Well, no kidding. There is a difference between hitting and spanking.

bnnyc1955

BANNED
Banned
Difference Between Spanking and Flogging

Difference Between Spanking and Flogging

obviously, spankings is a legitimate parenting practice. I don't think its the best one in all(or most) case, but its fair and I am not going to tell people they shouldn't do it, especially since I don't have kids. You must see the difference between spanking and flogging, jefferson

Enyart's reference to "flogging" was, I think, referring to punishment for adults, not children I think (see Jefferson's discourse on the top). Adults are older and tougher so need to be brought down a peg more severely (assuming they can physically take the punishment). Even in Singapore, there are age limits to who is caned (under age 50).

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by Jefferson

A calm, loving parental spanking is not the same thing as a frenzied, hateful beating.

I received the second on a pretty regular basis, Jefferson, and I think I turned out reasonably well...

It instilled in me the notion that it is unnecessary to raise one's hand to a fellow human being...

...except to cause permanent damage...

It is also the primary reason I do not and will not have children.

Last edited:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't confuse the facts here,O'Reilly is not a fundamentalist convervative like Enyart, but he is considered by most an economic and political conservative. Just because he and Enyart but heads over spanking and flogging doesn't make O'Reilly any less conservative. That said, he is still wrong on many other issues I've heard him speak about, but granted I still like a lot of the things he has to say!

Name one issue such as abortion that O'Reilly doesn't agree with the Liberals on?

GraceInMe

Delicate Flower
Banned
So if someone is 80% liberal and 20% conservative, explain again how that makes them conservative?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Name one issue such as abortion that O'Reilly doesn't agree with the Liberals on?

Ok my bad for trying to show what kind of an evil man he is by asking such a dumb question. On huge issues such as abortion, gay rights and the death penalty he unfortunately agrees with liberals.

4 A.M. Prayer

Originally posted by GraceInMe
So if someone is 80% liberal and 20% conservative, explain again how that makes them conservative?

But the problem with so many "Enyart-ites" is how can you misguided seemingly hateful souls (some, not all) who post here think that if someone is 80% conservative and 20% liberal (or whatever percentage that Shadowgov deems unacceptable), explain how that makes them liberal?

I'm pro-spank by the way (I got the belt, the paddle, the hand, the spatula, etc...) but I'm thinking many on the "right" here would want parents to have some sort of carte blanche when it comes to a degree of "discipline".

Hey folks; how about a moratorium on this "left"/"right", "liberal"/"conservative" lingo and just discuss the issues and doctrines. I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by 4 A.M. Prayer
But the problem with so many "Enyart-ites" is how can you misguided seemingly hateful souls (some, not all) who post here think that if someone is 80% conservative and 20% liberal (or whatever percentage that Shadowgov deems unacceptable), explain how that makes them liberal?
You have it backwards. GraceInMe said, "So if someone is 80% liberal and 20% conservative, explain again how that makes them conservative?"

N

naima

Originally posted by Jefferson

You have it backwards. GraceInMe said, "So if someone is 80% liberal and 20% conservative, explain again how that makes them conservative?"

I think 4 AM was saying that many posters here think it impossible to basically be a somewhat conservative Christian yet still hold to a few liberal beliefs, that many Enyart-ites think you a liberal if you are 80% conservative and 20% liberal.