The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

Explosived

Water Water Everywhere and not a Drop to Drink

Water Water Everywhere and not a Drop to Drink

Are you a Campbellite?

----------------------------------------

For heaven's sake, do not mistake being "washed in the baptistry of the church" for being washed in the blood of Christ.

Don't YOU wind up being baptized in the "Lake of Fire" by accepting a "waterworks" based plan of salvation and rejecting salvation by grace through faith in the finished work of Christ. (Matt. 3:11; Rev. 20:15; Eph. 2:8,9; Rom. 5:9; Rom. 11:6).

JustAChristian

Re: Water Water Everywhere and not a Drop to Drink

Re: Water Water Everywhere and not a Drop to Drink

Originally posted by Explosived
Are you a Campbellite?

----------------------------------------

For heaven's sake, do not mistake being "washed in the baptistry of the church" for being washed in the blood of Christ.

Don't YOU wind up being baptized in the "Lake of Fire" by accepting a "waterworks" based plan of salvation and rejecting salvation by grace through faith in the finished work of Christ. (Matt. 3:11; Rev. 20:15; Eph. 2:8,9; Rom. 5:9; Rom. 11:6).

Are you a Campbellite?

"Through the lives of men like Thomas and Alexander Campbell we see the value of searching the scriptures and questioning why we practice what we do religiously. Such questioning led these men to make a break with religious error and journey back to New Testament truth. Born in Antrim, Ireland, Alexander Campbell was blessed with parents of strong character. A preacher himself, Thomas Campbell was a strong disciplinarian. He read extensively himself and made it a rule that each child should sometime during the day memorize a verse of scripture to recite at evening worship. Thus Alexander early established a pattern of religious study memorizing scripture along with Brown's catechism and rich passages in Greek, Roman, French and English literature. The Campbells were members of the Presbyterian Church." Wayne Jackson, booklet, Alexander Campbell and the Church of Christ, p. 1.

No, I am named afer no man but am merely...

JustAChristian

Explosived

Campbellites or Water Dogs

If the water pipes broke and the baptistry was bone dry, would my salvation have to wait until the plumber showed up?

JustAChristian

Re: Campbellites or Water Dogs

Re: Campbellites or Water Dogs

If the water pipes broke and the baptistry was bone dry, would my salvation have to wait until the plumber showed up?

I wouldn't think so. I'd get a concerned Christian to accompany me. We'd get in a chariot and ride down the road until I found a body of water. I would say, "See here is water! What doth hender me from being baptized?" We would get out of the chariot and both of us would go down into the water where this concerned Christian would baptize me. I would then rise from the watery grave to walk in newness of life. I would then go on my way rejoicing. The concerned Christian could then return to his business.

JustAChristian
:thumb:

Explosived

Campbellites

Campbellites

If I were to die before then, would I go to hell?

If obedience to water baptism is the means of forgiveness of sins, then I would.

Where does the Bible teach that water baptism is required in order to have one's sins forgiven?

JustAChristian

Re: Campbellites

Re: Campbellites

If I were to die before then, would I go to hell?

If obedience to water baptism is the means of forgiveness of sins, then I would.

Where does the Bible teach that water baptism is required in order to have one's sins forgiven?

To the honest disciple Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; Gal. 3:27; Acts 22:16; 1 Peter 1:22-23; 2 Cor. 5:17 et al.

To the disputer of this world (1 Cor.1:20), not even a verse spoken personally by Jesus Christ to him would convince him.

Isn't it amazing that none of the apostles ever disputed the commission of Jesus Christ nor ever argued the essentially of baptism for the remission of sins?!

JustAChristian :angel:

Jerry Shugart

Acts 22:16:

"Arise,and be baptized,and wash away thy sins,calling on the Name of the Lord."

Do you suppose that Paul actually believed that "water" could actually "wash away" sins from the soul?

Of course not.But there are those on this thread who evidently share the gnostic belief that sins could actually attach themselves to the soul--even in this enlightened age.

What Paul would understand by this command is the idea that he should be baptized with water to testify that he was turning from his past evil way of life.

Throughout Scripture wahing with water always means "practical" cleansing,and Paul would know this.And that is the meaning in the following verse,where Paul specificies sinners of the worst kind,and then adds:

"And such were some of you;but you washed yourself,but ye were sanctified,but ye were justified..."(1Cor.6:11;Margin in RV).

Paul is telling them that although some in them in the past lived evil lives,they had since turned from this previous life (washed themselves).

But there are those who remain convinced that "water" can actually wash away sins from the soul,and instead of believing that the Spirit baptism of 1Cor.12:13 is the ONE BAPTISM,they continue to insist that the ONE BAPTISM is the one of water,even though a whole oceanful of water cannot wash away even one sin.

"But the natural mind receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God;for they are foolishness unto him,neither can he know them,because they are spiritually discerned"(1Cor.2:14).

In His grace,--Jerry

Last edited:

HopeofGlory

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 2 Pet. 2:21
But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire. 2 Pet. 2:22

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:54

Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? John 6:60
When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? John 6:61

From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. John 6:66
Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? John 6:67

Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? John 6:70

Apollos

The water works if God says it does !!!

The water works if God says it does !!!

Jerry –

Do you suppose that Paul actually believed that "water" could actually "wash away" sins from the soul?

Do you suppose Naaman (the leper) thought the water in Jordan could “forgive” him of his leprosy ??

Paul is telling them that although some in them in the past lived evil lives,they had since turned from this previous life (washed themselves).

In what did they WASH themselves?? Calgonite ??? Paul said they were “washed”, not that they washed themselves. You just need to figure out what they got WASHED IN !!!

Shallow minds will never see the need to be immersed in water, because…

WATER BAPTISM is the means selected by God, through which man appropriates the forgiveness of sins (salvation) which is offered to man by His grace!!

Ask Naaman if the “water” works !!! It worked because that is how God chose to do it !!!

You other guys are trying to get clean in the Euphrates, aren't you ????

:cool:

Explosived

Campbellites

Campbellites

Apollos

I like Campbell's soup !!

I like Campbell's soup !!

Explsd -

Please read all of my previous 112 posts in this thread.

And read JAC's also!!

:cool:

Explosived

Yea right, like I would want to.

JustAChristian

JustAChristian with Just another message...

JustAChristian with Just another message...

Yea right, like I would want to.

“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.” (1 John 2:1-2 AV)

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God[ the one who makes a practice of this linestyle shall not go to heaven].” (Galatians 5:19-21 AV)

“For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” (Galatians 6:8 AV)

“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:8-9 AV)

When the alien sinner, one not in covenant relationship to God, hears the gospel of Christ and becomes a believer (Rom. 10:17), his faith "works through love" (Gal. 5:6) and prompts him to die to sin through repentance. "What then shall we say? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid. We who died to sin, how shall we live any longer therein? Or are ye ignorant that all we who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him through baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we also might walk in newness of life" (Rom. 6:1-4). Then later, "But thanks be to God that whereas ye were servants of sin, ye became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching whereunto ye were delivered: and being made free from sin, ye became servants of righteousness" (Rom. 6:17).

When the erring child of God hears God's plan for him, the honest soul will "confess our sins" (1 John 1:9), trusting in God who is "faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." He will also "repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray the Lord if perhaps the thought of thy heart shall be forgiven thee" (Acts 8:22). It is a sin "unto death" to refuse to confess our sins as children of God (1 John 1:8-10; 1 John 5:16). It is a grievous sin to ignore the Christ of our redemption, and "to do despite unto the Spirit of grace" (Heb. 10:29).

JustAChristian :angel:

“Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.” (Matthew 5:11 AV)

Freak

LOLOLOLOLOL:p :D :rolleyes:

Calvinist

Originally posted by Freak

LOLOLOLOLOL:p :D :rolleyes:

Your salvation can wait, it's been waiting a rather long time already.

Freak

It was sooo funny, Ex.

But it is true though isn't it? One would be in alot of trouble if that truly happened.

Explosived

One would be if he were a Campbellite and trusting a dunking for salvation.