Thread: Battle Royale Rules

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pilgrim,

Thank you for your comments.

I have cited Augustine, Dr. White, and others who I have referred to.

I already apologized for not making it clearer. No big deal. I have made myself very clear now.

If you have more problems then feel free to take some legal action against me, please, I beg of you.

All talk but no action, Pilgrim?

Blah blah blah,....Your yapping is annoying...
    Jesus Loves You

Pilgrimagain
    Jay obvioulsy plagerized on this one. He did not cite Dr. White when pretty much copying him word for word. To deny this is either a mental condition or a lie.

We need honesty here and we need a Moderator to step up to the plate and deal with the issue.

Pilgrim

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever, Pilgrim.

Feel free to take any legal action you believe is needed. My attorneys can be reached on his cell phone at 214-435-9447

All talk? Why not take your time and make some calls....
    Jesus Loves You

Your powers are weak, old man. Knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 643 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey what happened to the "forgive, even without repentance" crowd????

Strange.....

Why is it that the "forgive, even without repentance" crowd will not forgive WITH repentance?????
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Download the new TOL app for iPhone, iPad, and Android...

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Whoever said that we weren't forgiving him? You've become rather soft on sinners all of a sudden, Knight. Any particular reason for that? And what's this "forgive, even without repentance crowd" of which you speak?

Oh, I get it - you're referring to the pseudo-Calvinist, Sola Gratia crowd. The "I don't have to repent in order to be saved" crowd.

Now I understand.
    Last edited by Evangelion; July 11th, 2002 at 11:38 AM.
    Sanctus, sanctus, sanctus,
    Dominus Deus Sabaoth.
    Pleni sunt coeli et terra gloria tua.

I am a Christadelphian. Click here to see my confession of faith.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Those who have degrees make an interesting observation:

• Posted by carri
      Plagerism is little more than common thievery.
    In academic circles, the educated folks agree with you.

• Posted by Zakath
      I would agree with carri. Plagiarism is theft of another's ideas and lying to pass them off as your own without giving credit to the originator. When I attended college, plagiarism was considered an honor code violation and sufficient grounds for suspension or expulsion, depending upon the circumstances.

I'm not even a believer, but I count two broken commandments there (no matter which way Knight sorts 'em...)
    Is there any honor amongst thieves? (no)

• Posted by Jaltus
      At my school, any plagarism calls for expulsion.

Many people do not understand the gravity of lying, stealing or plagiarizing.

• Posted by Freak
      Evangelion:
    • I have caught you a few times failing to cite all the sources that you use.
    • I have cited my sources (when using quotes, etc) and will continue to do so.
    • You are hypocrite of the worse kind...
    Wow, three lies in one sentence!!!

• Posted by drdeutsch
      Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Why wait until the end? If I'm going to be reading someone else's work, I want to know about it immediately prior to or following their work. You suddenly decide that you're going to wait until after the 10th round to give credit where credit is due? That's fine if you want to use endnotes in a formal paper, but when you're making several separate posts, an in-text citation is the preferred method.
    If this were a college class, it would result in an automatic "F." But this is just TheologyOnline.

• Posted by Pilgrimagain
      Jay obvioulsy plagerized on this one. He did not cite Dr. White when pretty much copying him word for word. To deny this is either a mental condition or a lie.
    No? < eek >

• Freak's Reply to Pilgrimagain
      Snip…
      Blah blah blah,....Your yapping is annoying...

Feel free to take any legal action you believe is needed. My attorneys can be reached on his cell phone at 214-435-9447

All talk? Why not take your time and make some calls....
    All of the above posters have a credible analysis of what Freak has done.

And finally, we have an excellent summary here:
    • Posted by Evangelion
      You're a plagiarist - pure and simple. You tried to pass someone else's work off as your own. That's dishonest, even if you can't bring yourself to admit that it's plagiarism.

It would have taken no effort at all to quote White in the proper manner, but this was never your intention. You wanted to be "seen of men." That's called "pride" - a typical human failing, and one for which Christ condemned the Pharisees.

Your plagiarism is particularly frustrating to those of us with a high level of education. I do not take kindly to dwarves who stand on the shoulders of giants and pretend to be giants themselves. I worked hard for the education that I have, and I see no reason why plagiarists should be treated lightly. If you think that "posting doesn't count," then we can all abandon any thought of a legitimate series of debates at TOL.

Pathetic.
    Last edited by me again; July 11th, 2002 at 11:31 AM.
    Favorite scripture:
    • And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. (Rev. 11:15)
    TheologyReview.com

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those people are wrong.

I John 1:9 is all I need to point out.
    Last edited by Jaltus; July 11th, 2002 at 12:15 PM.
    For Greek conversion, click here.
    <opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily those of TOL or the TOL Holding Company, and are in fact probably either wrong or dangerous or something even worse. In the event of a world-wide catastrophe coming from one of these posts, all we can say is we did not do it and we warned you not to listen to this post, but NOOOOO, you knew what you were doing all along and yet you STILL managed to destroy part of a continent and yet missed Hollywood! Any resemblance to mathematicians dead or alive is strictly on purpose.>

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was tongue in cheek, Jaltus.

I had in mind the various individuals with whom I have debated baptism during the past year at TOL. OldShepherd is one of them; HopeOfGlory is another... in short, a mixture of Dispys and mainstream evangelicals.

But I'll remove the reference, for your sake.
    Dominus Deus Sabaoth.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jaltus,

I think that Evangelion is sarcastically pointing out the fact that some people who claim to be evangelicals will "forgive" or will "cover up" the mistakes of a person like Freak, purely because he claims to be an evangelical.

If Jay Bartlett would simply come forward and admit his mistake (instead of lying, which builds one lie upon another lie to cover up the original lie), then people would instantly forgive him.

However, I have seen Jay, on several occasions, spout a second lie to cover up his first lie. Thus, I view him as a liar. If he only did it once, I would duly note it. But since he does it consistently, he can't be categorized as a member of the Body of Christ. IMHO

I used to consider myself an Evangelical, but after having met a couple of people like Jay Bartlett, I am now wanting to distance myself from them. Jay is not the first liar that I've met who claimed to be an Evangelical.

I honestly believe that Jay Bartlett is spiritually from the devil and that he is a wolf in sheeps clothing. It's a bad fit, at that.

I can't help what I believe.
    Favorite scripture:
    • And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. (Rev. 11:15)
    TheologyReview.com

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know if my new version is too offensive.

Dominus Deus Sabaoth.

Pilgrimagain
    in all fairness, Freak did come clean and go back and give credit where it was needed. it just took some time. Check out the other threads circulating on this one.

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, that is fine Ev. It is just as an evangelical (who is not a Calvinist), I find a theology that allows such a possibility repugnant. This I wish to not be associated with it in any way.
    <opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily those of TOL or the TOL Holding Company, and are in fact probably either wrong or dangerous or something even worse. In the event of a world-wide catastrophe coming from one of these posts, all we can say is we did not do it and we warned you not to listen to this post, but NOOOOO, you knew what you were doing all along and yet you STILL managed to destroy part of a continent and yet missed Hollywood! Any resemblance to mathematicians dead or alive is strictly on purpose.>

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries, mate. I should have given it more thought in the first place.
    Dominus Deus Sabaoth.

Your powers are weak, old man. Knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 643 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Originally posted by Pilgrimagain
    in all fairness, Freak did come clean and go back and give credit where it was needed. it just took some time. Check out the other threads circulating on this one.
    Shhhhhhhh don't tell them! How will the "Freak hounds" survive knowing that Freak apologized already??
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Download the new TOL app for iPhone, iPad, and Android...

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming clean is different than apologizing.

Thread Information