ARCHIVE: Is it ever right to deny Christ?

Freak

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren

Have you gone daffy?

Look, DD, as someone who has gone through Evangelism Expolsion (at least that is what you told me), I would ask you to defend the Biblical doctrine to share the Gospel.

Calvinist

Originally posted by Freak

Huh?

Your dumb also. You know what's going to to drive you crazy? I'm going to ignore all of your posts on this thread. I'm not going to respond to any of your nonsense. It's going to drive you crazy....

Okay.

Y

Yxboom

Fraud,

Fraud,

Say it to my face sometime...idiot!
I recall that you were right there with Revel and Rapt about a person being damned for calling someone an idiot. Have you given up those beliefs as well. What next week are you changing or are you now condemned and stop being a hypocrite.

Freak

Re: Fraud,

Re: Fraud,

Originally posted by Yxboom

I recall that you were right there with Revel and Rapt about a person being damned for calling someone an idiot. Have you given up those beliefs as well. What next week are you changing or are you now condemned and stop being a hypocrite.

Another false claim.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Look, DD, as someone who has gone through Evangelism Expolsion (at least that is what you told me), I would ask you to defend the Biblical doctrine to share the Gospel.

Please tell me that you are not insinuating that I have not?? Please tell me that I am misreading the tone of your comment??

D

Dee Dee Warren

I am not going to prove something as daffy as that the Bible teaches us to witness. I am not that bored.

Jaltus

I would like to point out that we are commanded to love the Lord BEFORE loving our neighbor. Another case of taking theology to the text instead of from it.

Dee Dee,

Please show that Paul limited his command in I Cor 7.

I am also still looking for you, Dee Dee, to respond to my other post, 3-4 pages ago now.

Calvinist

Originally posted by Jaltus
I would like to point out that we are commanded to love the Lord BEFORE loving our neighbor. Another case of taking theology to the text instead of from it.

Dee Dee,

Please show that Paul limited his command in I Cor 7.

I am also still looking for you, Dee Dee, to respond to my other post, 3-4 pages ago now.

What does witnessing have to do with "loving" the Lord. Talk about taking your worldview to the text. No one even wants to bother defending the notion because you all just assume it is so.

Jaltus

Calvinist,

What are you talking about?

I am not talking about witnessing in the least. Your comments are bizarre.

Calvinist

You tell me if Jesus commanded us to share the Gospel in Luke 24?

46"He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48You are witnesses of these things. 49I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."

Is this what you are referring to Freak?

How does this apply to the scenario we have been given. This seems to be saying that we "Are" (or the Apostles were) witnesses to the things mentioned in the chapter.

Calvinist

If you are refering to me being off topic I assure you that I am not. You said it is morally wrong to deny Christ to save you family, insisting that one's "witness" is more important than all other Christian duty considerations.

drdeutsch

I haven't read the rest of this thread, just this page.
Calvinist, is this "witness" your terminology or did Freak use it?
When I think of "witnessing," I think of going around and preaching the word of God to people. Affirming or denying Christ in such a situation is not witnessing: it is affirming or denying your salvation in Christ.

Dr. Deutsch

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would ask all the posters participating on this thread to stay on topic..thank you...
<Freak whispers as he remembers that the topic is not witnessing or bad-mouthing others.>