Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

JoyfulRook

jennifferdoug said:
Why even ask this question?
Because it's valid.
What harm are they causing you or anyone else?
They destroy their own lives.
If they choose to live their life this way, it's their choice.
Sin should be avoided.
When did freedom become a crime?
Crimes should be punished. It's not a fundemental right.
Next we'll be saying that only blondes can be with blondes, red heads with red heads and so on. I for one don't want anyone telling me who I can and cannot be with with.
Not many people want to know that they're wrong.
I am not gay, and that's good for me but it's obviously not good for some other people who are gay.
Being Gay is bad period.
If I don't like it, I can turn my head the other way, change the channel or walk away. It's called choice.
You don't have a right to crime.
You can't go around killing people because they choose to live in a different way than you.
That's not why they should be executed.
Now, if they hurt someone, punish them, in the meantime, leave them alone.
They willingly hurt themselves.

By the Way! Welcome to TOL! :wave2:

jennifferdoug

Dread Helm said:
Because it's valid.
They destroy their own lives.
Sin should be avoided.
Crimes should be punished. It's not a fundemental right.
Not many people want to know that they're wrong.
Being Gay is bad period.
You don't have a right to crime.
That's not why they should be executed.
They willingly hurt themselves.

By the Way! Welcome to TOL! :wave2:

Thank you for the welcome. I hope to enjoy much debate and conversation here.

First off, being gay is not a crime and is not punishable by law.
Secondly, being gay does not destroy their lives, people who don't like them destroy thier lives. People who fire them from jobs, beat them up, call them names and make life harder than it should be.
And if someone wants to hurt themselves, so be it. It doesn't effect you. Fat people hurt themselves by overeating...should they then be executed or punished as well?

The problem is that you have your views based upon your religious beliefs and others have their views based on their various beliefs...who are you to judge their belief systems? How would you feel if they decided you were wrong and put you to death? This IS a matter of free choice. Let them be who they are, they let you be who you are. In the end, we all get to choose. Even those with religous beleif systems believe that it's God's place to judge, not man's. At least it says so in the Bible. It's important that we consentrate on our own lives, our own souls, our own paths and leave others to concentrate on theirs.

Mr. 5020

jennifferdoug said:
Secondly, being gay does not destroy their lives...
Do you agree with this?
Promiscuous heterosexual sex carries with it a much higher risk for AIDS, primarily because of the sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) associated with it, causing a breakdown in the natural barriers of both male and female reproductive tracts. AIDS is primarily concentrated among heterosexuals in Africa because of the high rate of female genital mutilation, leading to much higher than average rates of anal and oral intercourse, and culturally-accepted extramarital sexual activity, including widespread prostitution. Rates of STDs are quite high in these populations.

However, AIDS is by far most common among the homosexual population in the United States
, primarily because the type and frequency of sexual contact, combined with STDs, is the perfect method of spreading a body-fluid borne virus.

JoyfulRook

jennifferdoug said:
First off, being gay is not a crime and is not punishable by law.
It should be to both. (God's Law)
Secondly, being gay does not destroy their lives, people who don't like them destroy thier lives.
:darwinsm: Read 5020's quote.
And if someone wants to hurt themselves, so be it. It doesn't effect you.
Homosexuality is morally, spiritually, and physically destructive. I don't want them to hurt themselves.
Fat people hurt themselves by overeating...should they then be executed or punished as well?
Obesity isn't a crime necessarily. But yes, they should be warned that it is physically destructive. Morally and spiritually? No.

The problem is that you have your views based upon your religious beliefs and others have their views based on their various beliefs...who are you to judge their belief systems?
I judge with righteous judgement. As a wise man once said: Judge Rightly is not some guy's name.
How would you feel if they decided you were wrong and put you to death?
They'd be wrong.
Even those with religous beleif systems believe that it's God's place to judge, not man's. At least it says so in the Bible.
Actually, the Bible commands Christians to Judge. Judging is our job.
It's important that we consentrate on our own lives, our own souls, our own paths and leave others to concentrate on theirs.
Well, It's very important to me that people go to heaven, not hell.

jennifferdoug

Promiscuous heterosexual sex carries with it a much higher risk for AIDS, primarily because of the sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) associated with it, causing a breakdown in the natural barriers of both male and female reproductive tracts. AIDS is primarily concentrated among heterosexuals in Africa because of the high rate of female genital mutilation, leading to much higher than average rates of anal and oral intercourse, and culturally-accepted extramarital sexual activity, including widespread prostitution. Rates of STDs are quite high in these populations.

However, AIDS is by far most common among the homosexual population in the United States, primarily because the type and frequency of sexual contact, combined with STDs, is the perfect method of spreading a body-fluid borne virus.

You seem to forget the many, many people who are not gay who contract AIDS. They contract it by not using protection. By continuing to have sex with multiple partners w/out protection knowing full well they have it. By using used needles when using drugs and by careless doctors not using clean instruments. Not by the frequency or type of sexual conduct of homosexuals. A man and a woman having sex (orally, anally, or vaginally) unprotected will still spread the illness. The problem in Africa is not due to genital mutilation, as disgusting as it is, it is due the fact that women have no rights, no education, no access to protection or the preventative methods we have here. There's not much homosexuality going on in Africa and yet they have the biggest problem.

Mr. 5020

jennifferdoug said:
You seem to forget the many, many people who are not gay who contract AIDS. They contract it by not using protection. By continuing to have sex with multiple partners w/out protection knowing full well they have it. By using used needles when using drugs and by careless doctors not using clean instruments. Not by the frequency or type of sexual conduct of homosexuals. A man and a woman having sex (orally, anally, or vaginally) unprotected will still spread the illness. The problem in Africa is not due to genital mutilation, as disgusting as it is, it is due the fact that women have no rights, no education, no access to protection or the preventative methods we have here. There's not much homosexuality going on in Africa and yet they have the biggest problem.
Wrong!

If I had wanted to forget it, I would have left out the first paragraph of my quote.

The fact is that STD's are at a much higher percentage among homosexuals.

Army of One

jennifferdoug said:
The problem is that you have your views based upon your religious beliefs and others have their views based on their various beliefs...who are you to judge their belief systems?
So you're saying that we're wrong for judging their belief systems? Wow, it almost sounds like you're judging us.:think:
Even those with religous beleif systems believe that it's God's place to judge, not man's. At least it says so in the Bible.
As has already been stated by Dread Helm, the Bible instructs us to Judge (it just warns us to make sure that we judge rightly).
It's important that we consentrate on our own lives, our own souls, our own paths and leave others to concentrate on theirs.
Only if we wanted to be selfish and apathetic.

jennifferdoug

Dread Helm said:
It should be to both. (God's Law)
:darwinsm: Read 5020's quote.
Homosexuality is morally, spiritually, and physically destructive. I don't want them to hurt themselves.
Obesity isn't a crime necessarily. But yes, they should be warned that it is physically destructive. Morally and spiritually? No.

I judge with righteous judgement. As a wise man once said: Judge Rightly is not some guy's name.
They'd be wrong.
Actually, the Bible commands Christians to Judge. Judging is our job.
Well, It's very important to me that people go to heaven, not hell.

So, Glutony, one of the Seven Deadly Sins, is not punishible by death, but homosexuality is? Interesting.....I'd also like to know what scripture tells you to judge people....and although it's important to you that people go to heaven and not hell, it's still not your place to decide if they live or die, or if they do go to heaven or hell...that's up to God.

Fortunatly, we live a free country. I certainly wouldn't want to be judged by you. Next you'll be telling me I can't wear a black dress because it's Satan's color. And I like black, it's very flattering. No matter how YOU feel, it's still none of your business what other people do with their lives. I bet you're a sinner to...unless your perfect of course. If so, I sure whould love to meet you. I've never met a perfect person...someone who never says a curse word, or never looks at a woman with lust, someone who never stole or lied or cheated. Someone who never had sex before marriage, someone who never manipulated someone or something to get what they wanted. Someone who never did anything wrong. WOW. And I seem to remember Jesus saying that "Those without sin may cast the first stone" So you MUST be without sin...all the stones your casting. If we could all be that perfect.

Morpheus

All sin is equally abominable in the eyes of God, and none are without sin. Therefore if we require the lives of homosexuals because of their sin then, by our own standard, we should also forfeit our own lives because of our own sin.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Praise God that Jesus gave us a way to avoid paying the penalty ourselves.
John 8
1 But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

11 "No one, sir," she said.
"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."
So, do any of you consider yourselves worthy to cast the first stone?

Mr. 5020

jennifferdoug said:
So, Glutony, one of the Seven Deadly Sins, is not punishible by death, but homosexuality is?
Is that in the Bible? Which verse is it?
jennifferdoug said:
Interesting.....I'd also like to know what scripture tells you to judge people....
Not a problem.
John 7:24
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
jennifferdoug said:
and although it's important to you that people go to heaven and not hell, it's still not your place to decide if they live or die, or if they do go to heaven or hell...that's up to God.
Nobody has said otherwise.
jennifferdoug said:
Fortunatly, we live a free country. I certainly wouldn't want to be judged by you. Next you'll be telling me I can't wear a black dress because it's Satan's color. And I like black, it's very flattering.
I like black, too. Stop being ridiculous.
jennifferdoug said:
No matter how YOU feel, it's still none of your business what other people do with their lives.
If they claim to be my brother or sister in Christ, you better believe it is my business!
jennifferdoug said:
I bet you're a sinner to...unless your perfect of course. If so, I sure whould love to meet you. I've never met a perfect person...someone who never says a curse word, or never looks at a woman with lust, someone who never stole or lied or cheated. Someone who never had sex before marriage, someone who never manipulated someone or something to get what they wanted. Someone who never did anything wrong.
I am a sinner. That's why I need Jesus. So do you.
jennifferdoug said:
WOW. And I seem to remember Jesus saying that "Those without sin may cast the first stone" So you MUST be without sin...all the stones your casting. If we could all be that perfect.
Since Jesus was without sin, why didn't He cast a stone?

jennifferdoug

Army of One said:
So you're saying that we're wrong for judging their belief systems? Wow, it almost sounds like you're judging us.:think:
As has already been stated by Dread Helm, the Bible instructs us to Judge (it just warns us to make sure that we judge rightly).
Only if we wanted to be selfish and apathetic.

I'm saying it's a shame that you would judge someone else. Be careful what you do in God's name. Jesus said "Go to the towns and spread my word. If they do not listen leave that town and wipe the dust from your feet." He did not say "Go to those towns and tell them who I am.. and if they dont' accept me, kell them."

I would still love to see the scripture where Jesus says to go out and judge people...since he never did that, that's kinda nutty to me. Jesus himself sat and ate with sinners, prostitutes, plague ridden people, heathens...and he did not judge them. So how can you judge. Whatever happened to "What Would Jesus Do?"

In regards to the glutony..it sounds to me like you only take what suits you and what doesn't. I bet you have a few extra pounds on you...am I wrong? And moreover, i think you're homophobic...Do you think you can catch homosexuality like you catch the flu? Do you think it spreads like a cold. They sneeze on you and then your gay? What do you have to be affraid of? Do you think you can stop it by killing them off? It's been around for much longer than the present day...The Romans, even in their Christian days, were known homosexuals...it was a part of their culture...You'll never get rid of it.

And isn't one of God's commandments "Thou Shalt Not Kill"? You can't take part of the bible with out taking the rest...it's makes you hypocritical...it's not just about practicing what you preach..it's about living by example..if you want them to live by your standards, show them it's the better way, dont' try and force them into it. Force never works..it's like sticking a lollypop in a kid's hand and saying "don't eat it" and leaving the room...the kid's gonna eat it. And when has God ever forced anyone to follow him. He gave us free will did he not. We all have our consequences to pay in the end. Even you.

jennifferdoug

Mr. 5020 said:
Is that in the Bible? Which verse is it?
Not a problem.
John 7:24
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
Nobody has said otherwise.
I like black, too. Stop being ridiculous.
If they claim to be my brother or sister in Christ, you better believe it is my business!
I am a sinner. That's why I need Jesus. So do you.
Since Jesus was without sin, why didn't He cast a stone?

That's a very good point...Even Jesus didn't cast stones...Interesting, yes? Something to think about, yes? HMMMMMMMM

jennifferdoug

Mr. 5020 said:
I guess so, since you didn't answer.

I have answered the question...however, I still have not had a response to one of the Seven Deadly Sins of Glutony......Anybody wanna touch that one..or is it too much for ya. :thumb:

Mr. 5020

jennifferdoug said:
I have answered the question...however, I still have not had a response to one of the Seven Deadly Sins of Glutony......Anybody wanna touch that one..or is it too much for ya. :thumb:
I responded to that already, but I'll say it again.

Are the "Seven Deadly Sins" in the Bible? If so, where?

Army of One

jennifferdoug said:
I'm saying it's a shame that you would judge someone else. Be careful what you do in God's name.
Right, you're judging me for judging others! Doesn't that strike you as being a bit hypocritical?
Jesus said "Go to the towns and spread my word. If they do not listen leave that town and wipe the dust from your feet." He did not say "Go to those towns and tell them who I am.. and if they dont' accept me, kell them."
Who on this forum has said that all non-Christians should be killed? Why are you building straw-men?

I would still love to see the scripture where Jesus says to go out and judge people...since he never did that, that's kinda nutty to me. Jesus himself sat and ate with sinners, prostitutes, plague ridden people, heathens...and he did not judge them. So how can you judge. Whatever happened to "What Would Jesus Do?"
I'll tell you what; you show me where gluttony is refered to as one of the 7 deadly sins (or the phrase "7 deadly sins" is mentioned in the Bible), and I'll show you where Bible tells Christians to judge.

In regards to the glutony..it sounds to me like you only take what suits you and what doesn't. I bet you have a few extra pounds on you...am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong. Big suprise.
And moreover, i think you're homophobic...
I'm not homophobic, just homo-nauseated.:)
Do you think you can catch homosexuality like you catch the flu? Do you think it spreads like a cold. They sneeze on you and then your gay?
You're an idiot.
What do you have to be affraid of?
The death and disease that is caused by their lifestyle.
Do you think you can stop it by killing them off?
If done properly, yes.
It's been around for much longer than the present day...The Romans, even in their Christian days, were known homosexuals...it was a part of their culture...You'll never get rid of it.
The same can be said for Murder, or any other crime. It's been around since the beginning of civilization. So should we just ignore those actions as well?

And isn't one of God's commandments "Thou Shalt Not Kill"?
No, actually the command is "Thou shalt not Murder"
You can't take part of the bible with out taking the rest...it's makes you hypocritical...it's not just about practicing what you preach..it's about living by example..if you want them to live by your standards, show them it's the better way, dont' try and force them into it. Force never works..it's like sticking a lollypop in a kid's hand and saying "don't eat it" and leaving the room...the kid's gonna eat it. And when has God ever forced anyone to follow him. He gave us free will did he not. We all have our consequences to pay in the end. Even you.
In case you haven't notice, no one is trying to force anyone to be a Christian. We're merely advocating the proper punishment for crime.