ARCHIVE: The Apostle Pauls affirms that a Christian can sin.

elected4ever

Sozo said:
Thanks!

Please be patient with me today, I have alot on my plate with my daughter's birthday, and I have to write a commentary on Romans 8 by Tuesday, and I'm only through verse one :eek:

I will answer all your questions there, and try to get to everyone else's questions here.

(e4e and lighthouse can help me out here, when they are available. Thanks, guys! :thumb: )
Oh, man :( now Lighthouse and me are left to deal with the numbskulls :eek:

Evee

Maybe Sozo should have picked a better time to debate this, as far as I am concerned the debate is over Knight proved with the scriptures over and over that Christians do sin.
This doesn't mean we loose our salvation we have an advocate which is Jesus Christ.

Philetus

Evee said:
Maybe Sozo should have picked a better time to debate this, as far as I am concerned the debate is over Knight proved with the scriptures over and over that Christians do sin.
This doesn't mean we loose our salvation we have an advocate which is Jesus Christ.
I think it is good that Knight and Sozo have a one-on-one without all our comments cluttering the issue. Heck, we still have E4E. Nobody will go un-insulted. :box: :chuckle: :cheers:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Evee said:
Bingo. :up:

Romans 4:7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered; Blessed is the man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin.”

It couldn't be more clear than that.

elected4ever

Evee said:
That is only if we remain in the Flesh. Which we do not. If you remain in the flesh evee, then yes you still sin. Are you happy that you can still sin?

elected4ever

Philetus said:
I think it is good that Knight and Sozo have a one-on-one without all our comments cluttering the issue. Heck, we still have E4E. Nobody will go un-insulted. :box: :chuckle: :cheers:
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

elected4ever

Knight said:
Bingo. :up:

Romans 4:7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered; Blessed is the man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin.”

It couldn't be more clear than that.
Then why don't you believe it?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
That is only if we remain in the Flesh. Which we do not. If you remain in the flesh evee, then yes you still sin. Are you happy that you can still sin?
I am incredably happy that God will not impute those sins against me.

I praise God for the sacrifice of His Son and His total forgiveness of my sins! Amen!

elected4ever

CabinetMaker said:

I praise God for the sacrifice of His Son and His total forgiveness of my sins! Amen!
That means they ain't yours any more. :bang:

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
That means they ain't yours any more. :bang:
Right! But that does not mean I am not guilty of the action. For instance, when searching for some vaction on the ocean options, it is hard not to come across swimsuit models. I am male enough that I must confess to a flash of sinful desire. I did not set out to look at swimsuit models but when one crossed my path, I sinned.

elected4ever

CabinetMaker said:
Right! But that does not mean I am not guilty of the action. For instance, when searching for some vaction on the ocean options, it is hard not to come across swimsuit models. I am male enough that I must confess to a flash of sinful desire. I did not set out to look at swimsuit models but when one crossed my path, I sinned.
It is not about what you do nitwit. It is about who you are. The law is DEAD

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
It is not about what you do nitwit. It is about who you are. The law is DEAD
I can't argue. I agree. We are dead to the law. It no longer has any power over us.

Evee

CabinetMaker said:

Amen!

elected4ever

Knight said:
What does the "they" mean in your statement above??????
Acts commited out of the dead will of the flesh that the dead law calls sin. They are dead works of the dead flesh that we are not any more.