Pastor Bob vs Michael Shermer

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Berean

Pastor Enyart,

I recently listened to your dicussion with Micheal Shermer. It was a riot! :rotfl: He spent most the time saying things like, "I don't understand. What are you trying to say?" For a supposedly educated and philosophical man he seemed a bit lost. I didn't think your position was that difficult to understand. Of course he uses typical atheist "rebuttals". When challenged with questions they do not want to or can't answer they go to the "You're not an expert in the field of {entire scientific field here}, so you don't know". Did you ever speak with him again?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Can you provide a link to that? I'd love to hear what Bob said to such a well known skeptic....

Jukia

I listened to this again.
Pastor Enyart's arguments about the beliefs of some of the "fathers of science" Faraday etc., and their belief in creationism as opposed to evolution is simply silly.
His desire to produce lists of quotes is simply dumb.
Bob again shows that his knowledge of science is abysmal.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is that the show where Michael Shermer exclaimed... "The sun is NOT a light."? :hammer:

What a first class idiot!

The Berean

Knight said:
Is that the show where Michael Shermer exclaimed... "The sun is NOT a light."? :hammer:

What a first class idiot!

Yes, that him. Actually his most foolish statement is when he claims he was once an evangelical christian. :rolleyes:

Jukia

It was actually an incredibly dumb show. Pastor Enyart did his usual bringing up quotes from dead (mostly anyway--not really sure if there were any living person quotes) scientists who were anti Darwin, the only real problem is that these scientists were after Darwin but before much of molecular biology etc. The real question is what would they think today with all the additional information available.
And his "A fire cannot burn forever, a rock cannot create itself" comment is priceless. Correct statements but dumb in the context he was using.
Shermer on the other hand should have not gotten so angry and frustrated. I suspect he was a bit blindsided by the good Pastor Enyart.

Status
Not open for further replies.