Jessica Simpson's Outrageous Comment

Rimi

Pepper said:
If you really believe that he had to look up sexual intercourse, than you're the one who's the :dunce: When he said that, he was using a little thing we in the real world like to call sarcasm.

Then it was misapplied and made his stance look even weaker. And yours. :loser:

allsmiles

Lovejoy said:
I just find her depressing. She has been marketed by her father since she was child (mostly as a CCM artist). The family was nearly bankrupted by her inability to compete with her teen popstar counterparts (they owed millions to the studios and labels). The only thing that saved both hers and her families finances was her discovery that acting like an idiot on a reality TV program (and wearing fewer clothes) made for better sales. Like no one has ever thought of that before. I guess it is just discouraging, though to be fair, I wasn't buying her albums when she was singing christian songs either.

Actually now that she and her family are incredibly successful, couldn't it be argued that your god is blessing them? I think I'm convinced...

Nah.

Shimei:

allsmells,
If the 9 year old were wearing a bikini while dancing like that, would that be ok with you? Yes or no?

Allsmells? Are you kidding?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pepper said:
No, what I was saying was that I was brushing off your comments. You're taking me way out of context.
Why not just answer the simple yes-or-no questions? Were they too difficult for you?

You said that it would be wrong for a woman to wear nothing in public. I asked why. You said because it was illegal. I asked if it would be okay for a woman to wear nothin in public if it were legal. You said, "Sure, why not?" How am I taking you out of context?

Let's try this again, Pepper:

So would public nudity only be wrong because it's illegal?

If public nudity became legal tomorrow, would it still be wrong?

Should the law prohibiting public nudity remain in tact?

Or should the law prohibiting public nudity be done away with because it infringes upon a woman's right to dress (or not dress) as she pleases?​

Rimi

allsmiles said:
Actually, Poly brought up prostitution if memory serves, i simply responded to it because my understanding of prostitution is when sexual intercourse is sold.

Turbo:

She already did.

Didn't like my bible target comment?

Prostitution is selling sex, but not exclusively intercourse.

allsmiles

Rimi said:
Then it was misapplied and made his stance look even weaker. And yours. :loser:

it was misapplied and i shouldn't have gone there, i was trying to look more intelligent than i am, sorry, thanks for calling me on the carpet about that.

Rimi

allsmiles said:
Actually now that she and her family are incredibly successful, couldn't it be argued that your god is blessing them? I think I'm convinced...

Nah.

Shimei:

Allsmells? Are you kidding?

Don't dodge Shimei's question.

allsmiles

Turbo said:
Why not just answer the simple yes-or-no questions? Were they too difficult for you?

this and Allsmells are prime examples of name calling and condescension. what's the matter with you folks?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Let's see: so far we have some sanity, some Christians foaming at the mouth, one dunce who doesn't know sarcasm when it hits her over the forehead like a 2x4, and an assorted hodgepodge of naysayers and town criers.

A psycho circus as usual. Let the good times roll!:devil:

allsmiles

Rimi said:
Don't dodge Shimei's question.

if he wanted his question answered he shouldn't have discredited himself by ridiculing me. I've been a man about this whole thing, when he called me on a screw up i admitted it. now i have to roll over for someone when they call me names?

Puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.

Rimi

allsmiles said:
if he wanted his question answered he shouldn't have discredited himself by ridiculing me. I've been a man about this whole thing, when you called me on a screw up i admitted it. now i have to roll over for someone when they call me names?

Puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.

Oh, fer cryin' . . . this is TOL, man! And you think you've got it bad. Granite has a thang for me.

But seriously, here's Shimei's question again. Please answer.

If the 9 year old were wearing a bikini while dancing like that, would that be ok with you? Yes or no?

Pepper

My father is a christian and he never condemned me for wearing a bikini.

OH yeah, and when my church used to go to the water park every year, I seem to remember people wearing bathing suits. Some of the men didn't wear shirts!

I guess Jessica Simpson should just wear this in her next video.

Rimi

Granite said:
You wish, closet case. :loser:

Methinks (s)he doth protest too much.

BTW, you've used that with me several times on the boards. I wonder . . . as much as you protest me protesting fags. . . . yeah, methinks you protest way too much. :dizzy:

Lovejoy

allsmiles said:

Nah.
I really don't know how successful she is yet, as far as money goes. That is always more complicated than it seems. I just think it is a little sad that she was pulled out of school, spent years competing (unsuccessfully) with the girls who were willing to do almost anything to get ahead, and finally found some financial success by the lowest and cheapest route possible. Does anyone really know what she sounds like when she sings? I can't think of a single song. She was mostly know for being a ditz (while playing herself). Really, I think, someday, she will look at what has happened and resent it. And wonder what pushed her here.