Jessica Simpson's Outrageous Comment

Lovejoy

allsmiles said:
no, i only have answers when i have experience or when i've read up on the subject. this is what you need to believe about me in order to deal with things you can't handle, and that's fine, we all have our crutches, drinking and smoking are mine:), lying to yourself is yours;)

believe me, i've flown off the handle and gone on tangents before when i've been totally unqualified, right now i'm trying to be as careful as possible to not over steps the bounds of my own experience and intelligence. you can call me scared and perverted all you want, but i'm not going to trap myself by having a strong opinion on something i haven't experienced or understand.

does that make sense?
If I did that, I would have, like, three posts. Therefore, in the interest of a vast post count, I have avoided your approach like the plague.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
no, i only have answers when i have experience or when i've read up on the subject. this is what you need to believe about me in order to deal with things you can't handle, and that's fine, we all have our crutches, drinking and smoking are mine:), lying to yourself is yours;)

believe me, i've flown off the handle and gone on tangents before when i've been totally unqualified, right now i'm trying to be as careful as possible to not over steps the bounds of my own experience and intelligence. you can call me scared and perverted all you want, but i'm not going to trap myself by having a strong opinion on something i haven't experienced or understand.

does that make sense?

You can't tell me that putting a 9 year old girl in a bikini and having her gyrate around while singing on TV is wrong?

I will assume you think it is ok then.

allsmiles

Shimei said:
You can't tell me that putting a 9 year old girl in a bikini and having her gyrate around while singing on TV is wrong?

I will assume you think it is ok then.

Have you ever heard of assumption being the mother of all snafu's?

you asked me if i thought it was wrong, i said that as long as it's not my daughter, or my sister, i couldn't care less what some degenerate lets her daughter do. it's none of my business, i have a hard enough time keeping myself in line.

as for my daughter, like i said, i don't have a daughter, so i don't know what it's like to have a daughter, so i really don't know how i would react or what i would think. from what everyone has told me i don't want a daughter:)

i'll play along though, i'll pretend like i know what i'm talking about, and i'll be a liar just to make you happy, mmm'kay?;)

if my daughter was dancing like J-Lo and wearing a bikini...

i would take a picture and tell her how cute she is and that she can grow up to be whatever she wants.

happy?:D

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
Have you ever heard of assumption being the mother of all snafu's?

you asked me if i thought it was wrong, i said that as long as it's not my daughter, or my sister, i couldn't care less what some degenerate lets her daughter do. it's none of my business, i have a hard enough time keeping myself in line.

as for my daughter, like i said, i don't have a daughter, so i don't know what it's like to have a daughter, so i really don't know how i would react or what i would think. from what everyone has told me i don't want a daughter:)

i'll play along though, i'll pretend like i know what i'm talking about, and i'll be a liar just to make you happy, mmm'kay?;)

if my daughter was dancing like J-Lo and wearing a bikini...

i would take a picture and tell her how cute she is and that she can grow up to be whatever she wants.

happy?:D

I hope you never have children.

Hasan_ibn_Sabah

Granite said:
Oh, great, more of THAT crap.

And, dude: lighten up. Fool was referring to how he looked in a speedo, not anything else.

Jeeeeeez. :kookoo:

You don't understand the seriousness of this horrible crime, not only does God find it more disgusting than mere homosexuality and deserving of the death penalty but it leads to the denigration of both the individual and society as a whole.

Thirsty_Possum

BANNED
Banned
Rimi said:
NO! Don't to that. Granite's already said there wasn't enough beer in the world. Why do you want to go and deprive Rednecks?
Rimi, Koban said you wanted a beer.

:cheers:

I keep hearing about this Jessica Simpson. I don't know if she's related to my pal Jessica Rabbit, but it sounds like she dresses a lot the same. Of course, Jessica Rabbit isn't really bad, she's drawn that way.

Me, I'll stick to drawing beers.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Hasan_ibn_Sabah said:
You don't understand the seriousness of this horrible crime, not only does God find it more disgusting than mere homosexuality and deserving of the death penalty but it leads to the denigration of both the individual and society as a whole.

Blah, blah, blah. You do realize fool was not even talking about this, right?

Freak job. :kookoo:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pepper said:
If the laws were different, it would be up to the idividual who was walking out of the house naked, now wouldn't it? As you said, it wouldnt' be up to me.
You weren't asked if the decision for another to be naked in public in public would be up to you. You were asked whether it would be right or wrong for a person to be naked in public if it were legal.

And while we're at it...

Was it right or wrong for people in this country to claim ownership of black men when it was legal according to US laws?

and...

Was it right or wrong for Nazis to slaughter Jews in Germany when it was legal according to German laws?

Note that no one is asking whether others (legally) owning blacks or slaugtering Jews was your decision, and no one is asking for your opinion. But I want to know, do you know whether it was right or wrong for them to do so?

Ultimately what I am getting at is, do you believe that what is right and what is wrong is objective and knowable? And if you don't, then why should anyone give a rip about your subjective opinions on such matters?

koban

Granite said:
Blah, blah, blah. You do realize fool was not even talking about this, right?

I just saw Mike Meyers in a thong (Wayne's World) and the image is burned in my mind! :shocked:

Thirsty_Possum

BANNED
Banned
Granite said:
Oh no!!!

No more Brother J!!! ... he tried to exercise me and then said I was a demon and going to hell. So I bit him. Uncle Zak had me on his couch for a week, except for when I had to fetch more beer. And BillyBob said Brother J might have even given me rabies, whatever they are. Then Auntie Crow had to wash me with Fels-Naptha soap and tomato juice.

*shudder*

Even beer won't take the taste of Brother J out of your mouth. I know.

allsmiles

Turbo said:
You weren't asked if the decision for another to be naked in public in public would be up to you. You were asked whether it would be right or wrong for a person to be naked in public if it were legal.

Pepper's not here but I wanna take a stab at it.

Legality and morality are oftentimes two completely different things. Legality is objective, morality is subjective. If it were legal for someone to be naked in public than it would be legal, whether or not it is right or wrong depends completely on whatever individuals perceive the nakedness. Some people might think it's right, some people might think it's wrong. You base your moral judgements on the bible, Pepper doesn't. Legality doesn't necessarily effect morality.

And while we're at it...

Was it right or wrong for people in this country to claim ownership of black men when it was legal according to US laws?

Legally right, yes. Morally right, no, not in my opinion. Absolutely wrong? No way to definitively tell. If you have a moral problem with a legal right than that's your cross to bear, and vice a versa.

and...

Was it right or wrong for Nazis to slaughter Jews in Germany when it was legal according to German laws?

Legally right, morally wrong. The legal issue is objective, written on paper, black and white, the moral right is subjective and depends on outside witnesses to what can be argued to be wrong. I'm sure there were well thought out cases for why the holocaust was morally right, so to the people who believed it, it was both legally and morally right. To people who disagreed, it was only right on paper.

Note that no one is asking whether others (legally) owning blacks or slaugtering Jews was your decision, and no one is asking for your opinion. But I want to know, do you know whether it was right or wrong for them to do so?

Completely subjective. Some people nowadays I'm sure still believe that slave ownership isn't morally wrong, but there's nothing they can do about it because legally it isn't right. The law will have a strangle hold on your idealistic moral high ground, or they will be hand in hand.

Ultimately what I am getting at is, do you believe that what is right and what is wrong is objective and knowable? And if you don't, then why should anyone give a rip about your subjective opinions on such matters?

What is right and wrong is subjective and knowable, in that you base your moral judgements on your own perspective and you know what you believe.

People give a rip about your opinions and they are just as subjective as any one else's.

except people like Pepper and myself develop our own sense of morality rather than having it dictated to us from an invisible, finger wagging tyrant who exists only between the pages of an exceptionally old book.

No offense intended Turbo, I have the utmost respect for you and what you believe.