Were There Two Different Jesuses?

Ben Masada

The followers of Christ were not Hellenist Ben. There is no problem with Luke 2:39, because Luke skips the part about them going to Egypt, and speaks about Yahshua growing up in Galilee. Luke 2:40

Who said they were? Have you ever "heard" my saying so? I don't think so. They were regular Jews. I have never said either that there was a problem with Luke 2:39. As the birth of Jesus was concerned, I prefer Luke than Matthew. However, Matthew the apostle did not write that gospel. It was attributed to Matthew just to gather apostolic credibility for the Church.

Daniel1769

I am not lying for saying the truth about Jesus. In your case, you are slandering him for comparing him to a demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. (Mat. 1:18) I'll tell you something else; if the dead could hear what the still living say about them, Jesus would turn in the grave.

You're lying. The Matthew and Luke tell the same stories, emphasizing different details. You are saying there is a contradiction. If you aren't aware that you are lying, then you aren't smart enough to know what a contradiction is. A contradiction is two statements that both cannot be true.

For instance
"My birthday is January 2nd."
"My birthday is February 2nd."
Both cannot be true. That is a contradiction.

As opposed to
"I was born at approximately 7:15 PM."
These are not contradictions. Both can be true.

You are either disingenuous or unintelligent. Jews have been lying about Christ for millennia.

Daniel1769

In 167 BC the Hellenistic Jews took control of the people and temple, casting the priesthood out to go live in the desert. It was the Hellenistic Priest in Jerusalem that had Yahshua put to death by the Romans.

What evidence do you have to support this?

Ben Masada

You're lying. The Matthew and Luke tell the same stories, emphasizing different details. You are saying there is a contradiction. If you aren't aware that you are lying, then you aren't smart enough to know what a contradiction is. A contradiction is two statements that both cannot be true.

For instance "My birthday is January 2nd." "My birthday is February 2nd."Both cannot be true. That is a contradiction.

As opposed to"My birthday is January 2nd." "I was born at approximately 7:15 PM." These are not contradictions. Both can be true.

You are either disingenuous or unintelligent. Jews have been lying about Christ for millennia.

I think I have told you before to brush up your learning of your NT but I guess you can't afford much time to waste. Then, you submit yourself to a mediocre discussion. It is a shame on you that a Jew, not even a Christian must remind you of this.

With Luke, the couple Joseph and Mary came from Nazareth down to Bethlehem where Jesus was born, while with Matthew Jesus had come from Judea to Bethlehem and you don't see either a contradiction nor a denial of each other. You are on denial my friend!

Daniel1769

I think I have told you before to brush up your learning of your NT but I guess you can't afford much time to waste. Then, you submit yourself to a mediocre discussion. It is a shame on you that a Jew, not even a Christian must remind you of this.

With Luke, the couple Joseph and Mary came from Nazareth down to Bethlehem where Jesus was born, while with Matthew Jesus had come from Judea to Bethlehem and you don't see either a contradiction nor a denial of each other. You are on denial my friend!

Bethlehem is in Judea. I have no idea what point you are trying to make. Link me to the judaist site you are reading from unless you can be coherent. Unless you are just lying again.

CherubRam

Who said they were? Have you ever "heard" my saying so? I don't think so. They were regular Jews. I have never said either that there was a problem with Luke 2:39. As the birth of Jesus was concerned, I prefer Luke than Matthew. However, Matthew the apostle did not write that gospel. It was attributed to Matthew just to gather apostolic credibility for the Church.
Interesting. Let us see your sources?

Ben Masada

Bethlehem is in Judea. I have no idea what point you are trying to make. Link me to the judaist site you are reading from unless you can be coherent. Unless you are just lying again.

See what I mean? You never even focus on what we are talking about; perhaps to come again with another non-sequitur. You know very well we are talking about the contradiction of Matthew versus Luke. While Luke reports to have come from Nazareth to Bethlehem, according to Matthew the couple came from Judea to Bethlehem. Then, you don't see any contradiction in this denial of each other.

Interplanner

The New Covenant Judaism was made with the House of Israel and the House of Judah as one People, not two and not with Christians. (Jeremiah 31:31)

'Not with Christians' if not seen as Paul was taught to see the OT by Christ. Which he no longer did, 2 Cor 5:16. He is no longer 'kata sarka.'

Ben Masada

For instance
"My birthday is February 2nd."
Both cannot be true. That is a contradiction.

As opposed to
"I was born at approximately 7:15 PM."
These are not contradictions. Both can be true.

If you read Luke 1:26, Joseph and Mary used to live in the city of Nazareth up North of Israel. Now, if you read Mat. 2:21,22, Joseph and Mary used to live in Judea, down South. As you can see, this has nothing to do with your non-sequitur. What's the matter, is reality too hard to walk according to the Truth?

OCTOBER23

TWO DIFFERENT JESUS

ONLY IF YOU ARE A MOSLEM.

PEACE BE UPON THE REAL JESUS.

1Co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock,

Ben Masada

'Not with Christians' if not seen as Paul was taught to see the OT by Christ. Which he no longer did, 2 Cor 5:16. He is no longer 'kata sarka.'

Here is Paul again with another of his lies. Jesus never taught Paul any thing at all. Jesus never saw Paul and vice versa. Paul never saw Jesus. If you don't believe me, show me the evidence to the contrary. Don't even waste your time looking for one because there isn't any.

Ben Masada

TWO DIFFERENT JESUS

ONLY IF YOU ARE A MOSLEM.

PEACE BE UPON THE REAL JESUS.

1Co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock,

Jesus was never any stumbling block to the Jews. Our stumbling block was Paul through his policy of Replacement Theology.

OCTOBER23

Paul was a Jewish Scholar who knew well his Scriptures

and preached and proved Christ through them .

Paul felt sorry for his fellow Jews who were Blind to the Truth of Jesus.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ro 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

Ro 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart,

in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith,
and uncircumcision through faith.

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid:

yea, we establish the law.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Were There Two Different Jesuses?

It's amazing the number of Bible facts that trip you up and confuse you.

If you stopped wandering and answered my question, we could get ahead with our discussion. At least, start by quoting your claimed Biblical facts you assume are making me confused

Last edited: