What is the express image of God?

keypurr

The Son that God sent is Jesus.

No friend, Jesus was born, not sent.
Christ was sent to take the form of Jesus.
Christ spoke through Jesus.
Christ had the fullness of the Father, he is a created form of God.
Jesus was a flesh son that was prepared to hold the powerful Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No friend, Jesus was born, not sent.
Christ was sent to take the form of Jesus.
Christ spoke through Jesus.
Christ had the fullness of the Father, he is a created form of God.
Jesus was a flesh son that was prepared to hold the powerful Christ.
What Bible verses speak of Jesus being sent by God?

Acts 3:26 NKJV - 26 "To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities."

John 4:34 NKJV - 34 Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.

John 6:29 NKJV - 29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."

John 7:16, 28, 33 NKJV - 16 Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me. ... 28 Then Jesus cried out, as He taught in the temple, saying, "You both know Me, and you know where I am from; and I have not come of Myself, but He who sent Me is true, whom you do not know. ... 33 Then Jesus said to them, "I shall be with you a little while longer, and then I go to Him who sent Me.

John 8:42 NKJV - 42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.

John 12:44 NKJV - 44 Then Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me.

John 17:3 NKJV - 3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

John 20:21 NKJV - 21 So Jesus said to them again, "Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you."

keypurr

The Bible nowhere speaks of a spiritual son.

Yes it does, but you got to see it. Read Heb 1, Col 1, Phil 2, Heb 10:5.

Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Father of spirits?

keypurr

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Father of spirits?
I searched all verses in the KJV, NKJV, and NASB to make sure. The words "spiritual" and "son" appear in none of these translations in any one verse.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Do you know whose person is being referred to here?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What are you trying to say friend?

indeed keypurr, i said nothing. some folks can move their arrow (mouse) over any scripture and it pops up on the screen. i could type it all out and sometimes i do, but the scriptures i posted show Jesus Is the express image of God, and that Christ Is with God in the beginning. i apologize if your computer does not display the whole scripture. i also strayed a bit, showing more scriptures of the Power of God/Christ - :patrol:

Yesterday, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
Colossians 1:15 KJV - Colossians 1:16 KJV - Colossians 1:17 KJV -

Colossians 1:18-19 KJV - Colossians 1:20-21 KJV -

Colossians 1:22 KJV -

Colossians 1:23 KJV - Colossians 1:25 KJV -

Colossians 1:26 KJV -

1 Timothy 3:16 KJV -

Hebrews 1:1 KJV - Hebrews 1:2 KJV -

Hebrews 1:3 KJV -

keypurr

NIV
Heb 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.
Heb 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

keypurr

Do you know whose person is being referred to here?

Yes, Christ who was in Jesus. Christ Jesus.

Php 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
Php 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross!
Php 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,

Jesus became the Christ AFTER Christ went into him at his anointing. Remember the Dove?

Act 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

What do you think the POWER was?

It was the spirit Christ who is a created form of God.

Think my friend.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, Christ who was in Jesus. Christ Jesus.

Php 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
Php 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross!
Php 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,

Jesus became the Christ AFTER Christ went into him at his anointing. Remember the Dove?

Act 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

What do you think the POWER was?

It was the spirit Christ who is a created form of God.

Think my friend.
Did Jesus ever sin?

What made Jesus the Christ?

keypurr

indeed keypurr, i said nothing. some folks can move their arrow (mouse) over any scripture and it pops up on the screen. i could type it all out and sometimes i do, but the scriptures i posted show Jesus Is the express image of God, and that Christ Is with God in the beginning. i apologize if your computer does not display the whole scripture. i also strayed a bit, showing more scriptures of the Power of God/Christ - :patrol:

Yesterday, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
Colossians 1:15 KJV - Colossians 1:16 KJV - Colossians 1:17 KJV -

Colossians 1:18-19 KJV - Colossians 1:20-21 KJV -

Colossians 1:22 KJV -

Colossians 1:23 KJV - Colossians 1:25 KJV -

Colossians 1:26 KJV -

1 Timothy 3:16 KJV -

Hebrews 1:1 KJV - Hebrews 1:2 KJV -

Hebrews 1:3 KJV -

Mine does that too Pat, but I was wondering what your point was. This entire thread has used these verses, they only prove my point.

keypurr

Did Jesus ever sin?

What made Jesus the Christ?

No, I do not believe that Jesus sinned.

Again, Jesus was anointed with the spirit Christ (express image).
Christ came from above, not the womb of a woman. Jesus became the Christ, he was not BORN the Christ. He was born the Saviour, but Christ came later.

That's what I see in scripture.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, I do not believe that Jesus sinned.

Again, Jesus was anointed with the spirit Christ (express image).
Christ came from above, not the womb of a woman. Jesus became the Christ, he was not BORN the Christ. He was born the Saviour, but Christ came later.

That's what I see in scripture.
Was His birth the fulfillment of Messianic prophecy?

daqq

Father of spirits?

:thumb:

Numbers 27:15-18 Brenton Septuagint
15 And Moses said to the Lord,
16 Let the Lord God of spirits and of all flesh look out for a man over this congregation,
17 who shall go out before them, and who shall come in before them, and who shall lead them out, and who shall bring them in; so the congregation of the Lord shall not be as sheep without a shepherd.
18 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, Take to thyself Joshua [Yehoshua-Yeshua] the son of Naue, a man who has the Spirit in him, and thou shalt lay thy hands upon him.

http://biblehub.com/sep/numbers/27.htm

John 3:6
6. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
John 20:31 NASB - 31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

keypurr

:thumb:

Numbers 27:15-18 Brenton Septuagint
15 And Moses said to the Lord,
16 Let the Lord God of spirits and of all flesh look out for a man over this congregation,
17 who shall go out before them, and who shall come in before them, and who shall lead them out, and who shall bring them in; so the congregation of the Lord shall not be as sheep without a shepherd.
18 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, Take to thyself Joshua [Yehoshua-Yeshua] the son of Naue, a man who has the Spirit in him, and thou shalt lay thy hands upon him.

http://biblehub.com/sep/numbers/27.htm

John 3:6
6. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

AMEN, God is again displaying his words for us to see.

keypurr

How is He not the Messiah if His birth was the fulfillment of Messianic prophecy?

I did not say he was not the Messiah.

He IS the Messiah. Keep in mind the NT was written years after the fact. Jesus was not born the Christ. He became the Christ. He was born the Saviour for he had to be a man to be the Lamb of God.