Faith to believe on Christ !

Nanja

It appears God has given you the ear of the Learned ! Isa 50:4 !

TY! I love that verse:
"...he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned."

Yes, that certainly describes what is a daily occurrence for me ☺!
Thanking and Praising Him always for the Holy Spirit's abiding presence 2 Cor. 1:21-22!

And the Spirit's unction and anointing are continuously with all His Saints,
Teaching them The Word of Truth 1 John 2:20, 27, because they were Chosen to
Salvation and Belief of the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13; Eph 1:4; and then sealing their minds
Eph. 1:13; 4:30 from the false gospels Eph. 4:14 of already accursed men Gal. 1:8.

Psalm. 92:1-2 It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name,
O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night

~~~~~

beloved57

TY! I love that verse:
"...he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned."

Yes, that certainly describes what is a daily occurrence for me ☺!
Thanking and Praising Him always for the Holy Spirit's abiding presence 2 Cor. 1:21-22!

And the Spirit's unction and anointing are continuously with all His Saints,
Teaching them The Word of Truth 1 John 2:20, 27, because they were Chosen to
Salvation and Belief of the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13; Eph 1:4; and then sealing their minds
Eph. 1:13; 4:30 from the false gospels Eph. 4:14 of already accursed men Gal. 1:8.

Psalm. 92:1-2 It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name,
O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night

~~~~~
Amen!

beloved57

Faith is a Redemptive Blessing and Spiritual !

Faith is a Redemptive Blessing and Spiritual !

Many in false religion believe that the natural man can put faith in Christ in regards to Salvation, but that is a lie, Faith is a Gift bestowed upon redeemed man, and comes from his Head and Saviour Jesus Christ, Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance/faith to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Repentance and Faith are the same blessing, identical twins. The word repentance is the greek word metanoia:

repentance, a change of mind, change in the inner man.

Its a change of mind in turning from dead works to Faith in God Heb 6:1

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Paul exhorted what in Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Repentance from God and or Christ persuades the Mind which gives birth to Faith !

Man in Adam did not have Faith in Christ because before the fall man had no need for it, being that Faith in Christ is connected with Christ as the Saviour from sin, it[Faith/Repentance] was not in man naturally by creation, it was a Gift stored in Christ for Redemptive Purposes, part of that fulness that in Him dwelled Col 1:18-19

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

And those of us who were Chosen in Him who is the head of the Church His Body, we receive from His fulness grace for grace Jn 1:16

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Thats how we receive both Faith and Repentance, out of His Fulness as He is Our risen Saviour and Head Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

The word Prince is equivalent to the word Head in Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

The word head kephalé:

(a) the head, (b) met: a corner stone, uniting two walls; head, ruler, lord.

anything supreme, chief, prominent; of persons, master, lord

And the word Prince in Acts 5:31 is the word archégos:

originator, author, founder, prince, leader

the chief leader, prince:

So Both words define the preeminence of Christ over His Body, in Acts 5:31 His Body is Israel, in Col 1:18 His Body is called the Church !

And the point is this, only as members of His Body/Israel do we receive Faith/ Repentance to believe in Him, its not in man by nature, hence Jesus says Jn 6:64-65

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me[naturally speaking], except it were given[redemptively] unto him of my Father.

Its given to us redemptively when He gave us His Son in whom all redemptive fulness dwells, and if we be Christ's Church / Israel, we receive of His fulness, Grace for Grace Jn 1:16 !

beloved57

More on what Faith is !

More on what Faith is !

Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith is the Gift/Fruit of the Spirit to convince the Heart and oe Conscience of Divine Realities !

This Divine Gift gives substance and reality to things we otherwise by nature could not believe !

By nature it was not possible for Sarah to believe that she would have a child naturally with Abraham her husband, but when God gave her Faith, she was able to rest in God's Promise that she was going to have the child Heb 11:11

11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

The Truths of the Gospel are against what men by nature can believe, so, its not possible until God gives us the Spirit, so we can believe by means of His Grace and Power , hence we believe by Grace Acts 18:27

And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

That word through is the prep dia and denotes the intrumental means by which they believed:

gen: through, throughout, by the instrumentality of, (b) acc: through, on account of, by reason of, for the sake of, because of.

They believed on account of Grace !

This way God[The Holy Spirit] receives the Glory for their believing !

Nanja

The Spiritual Life that is before and requisite to believe is from Christ the Head of the Church, His Body ! He communicates it as the Last Adam, the Head of His Body the Church 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made[by the purpose of God] a living soul; the last Adam was made[by the purpose of God] a quickening spirit.

So Christ's Members of His Body believe with the Life we receive from Christ through His quickening Spirit Jn 6:63

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The Spirit quickening here is in response to Christ being a quickening Spirit from 1 Cor 15:45, the Spirit carries out the Will of Christ in giving Life to one of His once dead in sin members ! And so by this Christ is the Author of Our Faith Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

That word author means:

II.one that takes the lead in any thing and thus affords an example, a predecessor in a matter, pioneer

III.the author

I.beginning, origin

II.the person or thing that commences, the first person or thing in a series, the leader

III.that by which anything begins to be, the origin, the active cause

Christ is the active cause of our Faith, it begins to be primarily because of Him as the Last Adam.

Now the wicked religionists in the pride of his heart would tell us that faith is a product of his own freewill according to the flesh, exalting their human will over Christ's Spirit !

Yes, but they are deceived. The natural man in the flesh, being spiritually dead, has absolutely no ability in themselves to believe on Christ for Salvation.

But for all those who were in Union with Christ, His Body, before the foundation Eph. 1:3-4, for them He is the Author of their Faith. When Christ died, and rose again from the dead, they did also Gal. 2:20; Col. 2:13.

Having Spiritual Life is a requirement for one to have Faith, so each one of the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5 is given the Gift of Faith in the New Birth Eph. 2:8, through Grace Rom. 5:15.

So, believing unto Salvation was never an offer to every man, but it is solely the Work of God in Christ for those discriminately chosen of God.

~~~~~

beloved57

Yes, but they are deceived. The natural man in the flesh, being spiritually dead, has absolutely no ability in themselves to believe on Christ for Salvation.

But for all those who were in Union with Christ, His Body, before the foundation Eph. 1:3-4, for them He is the Author of their Faith. When Christ died, and rose again from the dead, they did also Gal. 2:20; Col. 2:13.

Having Spiritual Life is a requirement for one to have Faith, so each one of the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5 is given the Gift of Faith in the New Birth Eph. 2:8, through Grace Rom. 5:15.

So, believing unto Salvation was never an offer to every man, but it is solely the Work of God in Christ for those discriminately chosen of God.

~~~~~

Amen!

beloved57

Faith comes from Christ Our Saviour !

Faith comes from Christ Our Saviour !

One of the greatest lies going today in false religion circles, is that Faith which has to do with Salvation, that accompanys Salvation, is that its a product of the natural man ! That all men by nature can believe unto Salvation is a total lie and insult to Christ Our Saviour and His Spirit ! The natural man cannot please God which Faith that has to do with Salvation does ! Paul writes of the natural man in the flesh Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Folks, all men by nature are in the flesh ! Paul speaking of Believers before they are converted says Rom 7:5

For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

The word were here in the greek is in the imperfect past tense !

Believers are no longer in the flesh, period because the Spirit intervened into their lives Rom 8:9

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The Spirit comes into the Lives of all whom Christ is a Saviour unto, in order to give them Faith, Precious Faith 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Folks Christ is not the Saviour of any who does not through Him obtain a like precious Faith as a Token of His Saviorship !

Its Like as a Savior He also gives Repentance, the flip side of of Faith Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

A Saviour gives Faith and Repentance ! The False Teachers of our day tells us that the natural man generates out of his flesh both Faith and Repentance, claiming themselves savors !

beloved57

Babes come to Christ 1 Pet 2:4 !

Babes come to Christ 1 Pet 2:4 !

1 Pet 2:4

4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

Those who come to Christ are first made into living stones, then they come to Christ ! For its only as New Born Babes Spiritually that we can even desire the sincere milk of the word 1 Pet 2:2

2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow/increase thereby:

And the milk of the word entails both repentance and faith towards God as Per Heb 5:12-6:2

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

6 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Now its clear from this passage that the milk of the word involves the foundation of repentance from dead works see Heb 9:14 and of Faith toward God See Acts 20:21!

That word coming in 1 Pet 2:4

4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

Its the greek word proserchomai:

I come up to, come to, come near (to), approach, consent (to).

The word consent means:

To indicate or express a willingness; to yield to guidance, persuasion, or necessity; to give assent or approval; to comply.

Also proserchomai is the verb used here in this coming to God verse Heb 7:25

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Also Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Now to summarize, judging from Heb 5:-6:2 The Teachings of Repentance, Faith, Baptism are doctrines for New Born Babes, like those Peter commanded to repent and be baptized Acts 2:38

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

To them, who had just asked in 37

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

the command to repent, comply to baptism was the Milk of the Word they being new born babes spiritually from the outpouring of the Spirit upon them !

They had been born again 1 Pet 1:23-2:4

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

2 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,

2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Now all this proves that Gospel commands of Repentance toward God Acts 17:30

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Is relevant only to spiritually newborn babes in their coming to God in Christ !

beloved57

My Sheep Hear My Voice !

My Sheep Hear My Voice !

Jn 10:3,4,16,27

To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Jesus Promises that His Sheep shall hear His Voice !

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Jesus ensures that His Sheep that He lay down His Life for Jn 10:11,15 He promises they shall hear His Voice and Follow Him !

Now how do we know who Christ's Sheep are ? Those He laid down His Life for ? They will #1 Hear and # Believe and Follow Him.

And Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God, or the Word of Christ;

17 So faith comes by hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes by the preaching [of the message that came from the lips] of Christ (the Messiah Himself).AMP

The word for word rhḗma means:

a spoken word, made "by the living voice"

That Living Voice would be Christ, and so Its a fulfillment of His Propmise that His Sheep shall hear His Voice and follow Him and believe in Him, its guaranteed !

Understand something, one of the consequences of Christ laying down His Life for the Sheep, is that they shall hear His Voice and follow Him in Faith.

Remember when Jesus said these words Jn 10:16, that hearing results in Faith Rom 10:17, and again the believing results from being a Sheep of His, and not believing, remaining in unbelief results from not being a Sheep of His that He layed down His Life for Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jn 10:3,4,16,27

To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Jesus Promises that His Sheep shall hear His Voice !

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Jesus ensures that His Sheep that He lay down His Life for Jn 10:11,15 He promises they shall hear His Voice and Follow Him !

Now how do we know who Christ's Sheep are ? Those He laid down His Life for ? They will #1 Hear and # Believe and Follow Him.

And Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God, or the Word of Christ;

17 So faith comes by hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes by the preaching [of the message that came from the lips] of Christ (the Messiah Himself).AMP

The word for word rhḗma means:

a spoken word, made "by the living voice"

That Living Voice would be Christ, and so Its a fulfillment of His Propmise that His Sheep shall hear His Voice and follow Him and believe in Him, its guaranteed !

Understand something, one of the consequences of Christ laying down His Life for the Sheep, is that they shall hear His Voice and follow Him in Faith.

Remember when Jesus said these words Jn 10:16, that hearing results in Faith Rom 10:17, and again the believing results from being a Sheep of His, and not believing, remaining in unbelief results from not being a Sheep of His that He layed down His Life for Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Why do you need faith to believe in Christ. I thought you were of the elect and didn't have to do anything.

beloved57

My Sheep Hear My Voice !2

My Sheep Hear My Voice !2

Those Christ died for, His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 and or His Church Eph 5:25, do believe in Him in due time, as a result of of the Work of God in them, God the Spirit, in the New Birth, So believing in Him is a Work of God the Spirit in them Jn 6:29

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Christ's Death was a Covenantal Death, that of the Everlasting Covenant, as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb 13:20-21

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

The Effect of the shedding of the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant is to Make those it was shed for Perfect in every good work, to do His will, causing a working in them which is well pleasing in God's sight.

Now it is Gods will that everyone Christ died for believes in Him, for that is well pleasing in His sight, 1 Jn 3:

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

One of the Commandments we do that is well pleasing in Gods sight is that we should believe on the Name of His Son Jesus Christ !

In order to do that, we must Hear His Voice, and God the Spirit in New Birth gives us ears to Hear ! Our Hearing is of the Work of God the Spirit in us, for one must be of God to hear God's Words Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God. or

He that is of the Truth as stated here by the Shepherd of the Sheep Jn 18:37

37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

John Gill on Jn 18:37 " Everyone that is of the Truth heareth my voice"

everyone that is of the truth; that is of God, belongs to the sheep of Christ, knows the truth as it is in Jesus, and is on the side of truth, and stands by it:

heareth my voice; the voice of his Gospel; and that not only externally, but internally; so as to approve of it, rejoice at it, and distinguish it; and the voice of his commands, so as cheerfully to obey them from a principle of love to him.

beloved57

Faith to believe in Christ is the fruit of the New Birth !

Faith to believe in Christ is the fruit of the New Birth !

1 Jn 5:1

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

False teachers shall never acknowledge this Truth, but its taught throughout the scriptures literally and in principle ! In fact its literaaly being stated here in 1 Jn 5:1 that Faith/Believing is the fruit of being born of God; Whosoever is believing [present tense] That Jesus is the Christ, {the Anointed Messiah Son of God} has been born of God [perfect passive], and perfect in the greek means:

The perfect tense in Greek corresponds to the perfect tense in English, and describes an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated.

Birth is passive and believing is active, one must have been born before they act ! A Baby cannot Cry [action] until after it has been born, given life !

So Birth in the past is an imperative before action in the present can take place, action takes Life to act !

The same thing in principle applies in Jn 3:6,16, for instance the whosoever believing in Jn 3:16, its because and the result of the Birth of the Spirit in Jn 3:6-8

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

The scriptures affirm that Believing Faith is the fruit, product of the Spirit Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith/faithfulness,

People try to argue whether or not the word Faith here means Faith or Faithfulness, it means both, those who have been born of the Spirit shall believe initially, and persevere in their Faith which equates to Faithfulness ! Thats why the writer of Hebrews writes of True Believers Heb 10:38-39

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

And finally, its taught that men and women in the flesh, born merely of the flesh, after the flesh like in Jn 3:6

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Thats means born merely by natural birth, born of the flesh, its taught that those in the flesh, CANNOT PLEASE GOD Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Everyone not born again is in the flesh, PERIOD !

Hence therefore its impossible for the unregenerate to Please God by Faith in Christ, since that is something that Pleases God Heb 11:6, so the conclusion is, If any one does Truly Believe in Christ unto the Saving of the Soul as Per Heb 10:39

39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Then its the Fruit of the New Birth, of having been Born of God, the Spirit !

beloved57

Believers first believed in Christ !

Believers first believed in Christ !

The scripture says not in vain that Christ is the Author and Finisher of our Faith, if we are believers Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Its impossible for anyone that Christ died for to die in their sins in unbelief, for the simple reason, all for whom He Lived and died have already believed in Him, you see their believing in time in Him is only a manifestation that they already believed in God while in Him !

Does this sound like a strange doctrine ? Well its not, its taught in the scripture, its in the principle of Headship !

You see, the fact of the matter is, we became disobedient and unbelievers first of all in Adam, so as when he disobeyed and fell into unbelief, so did we in him, thats why Paul says in Rom 5:12

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Before any of us were born, who were represented by Adam, we sinned when he sinned, all sinned in him.

Its called disobedience here Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

All whom Adam represented became disobedient, were made sinners and unbelievers by his actions, not theirs, and because this principle of headship is so real, we are born by nature what we are by our sin in adam, sinners and unbelievers !

So in a real sense adam is the author of our unbelief and disobedience ! In case you did not know, unbelief and disobedience are one and the same, for example in Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

That word unbelief is also translated disobedience See Eph 2:2;5:6; Col 3:6

Its the greek word apeitheia:

I.obstinacy, obstinate opposition to the divine will, I.impersuasible, whereas Faith denotes being persuaded, A.to persuade, i.e. to induce one by words to believe !

So by nature in adam we became unbelievers, impersuasible !

Now heres the good news if Christ was our Head when He came into the world to live and die for our sins !

beloved57

Believers first believed in Christ !2

Believers first believed in Christ !2

Now heres the good news if Christ was our Head when He came into the world to live and die for our sins !

Just as Christ in our behalf obeyed God, in His Obedience Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Listen, just as adams disobedience was an headship disobedience, so likewise Christ's Obedience here was an Headship obedience ! And its an obedience of Faith/ Trust in God, this we know by this scripture Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

The speaker here is the Lord Jesus Christ stating that He will put His Trust in God, and to show that it is a Headship Trust, the promise follows, that not only Himself shall put His Trust in God, but so will the children which God has given Him, which is His Seed.

The word Trust is the greek word peithō which is to :

A.to persuade, i.e. to induce one by words to believe

The word Faith comes from this word, heres proof, the word Faith as in Eph 2:8 is the greek word pistis and means:

I.conviction of the truth of anything, belief; in the NT of a conviction or belief respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, generally with the included idea of trust and holy fervour born of faith and joined with it

In fact the word pistis is from the word peithō !

The same word used in Heb 2:13 Trust ! It also means to obey Gal 3:1

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should G3982 not obey G3982 the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

So Jesus is saying that #1 He shall have Faith in God, obey God, Trust God, be persuaded in God, and #2 so will all His Seed given Him !

Its the same principle as when adam disobeyed and all his seed in him !

So the words of Jesus makes more sense when He says to unbelieving jews, Ye believe not because you are not of my Sheep Jn 10:26, which denotes, if they would have been of His Sheep, they would believe because, He as their Head has already believed for them !

John 5:24 is to the same purpose Jn 5:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Now who are they which are believing, Trusting in Him who sent Christ ? Its all of them that He was believing God in behalf of, Heb 2:13 !

Its not possible for anyone Christ came and died for not to believe as it was not possible for anyone adam sinned and disobeyed for not to be born as unbelievers, because they already sinned and or disobeyed in Adam, and so those Christ obeyed and Trusted for, must be born again to believe and obey since they have already did so in Christ !

beloved57

Believers first believed in Christ !3

Believers first believed in Christ !3

Its like this, as evidence of our Union and solidarity with Adam when he sinned and disobeyed, we are born sinners/unbelievers, likewise as an evidence of our Union and solidarity with Christ, we are born again into obedience and Faith ! There was a Union with Both Heads, Adam and Christ ! The Union with adam cause , or authors our unbelief, The Union with Christ causes or authors our Faith ! Hence Jesus unto believers is the Author and finisher of Our Faith ! See Heb 12:2 !