Old Covenant And New Covenant

clefty

I said
The new covenant is the new testament.

Heb 10:16
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
(KJV)

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.

Yup...He said MY LAWS not My Son's laws...ya dig?

His Son affirmed that...

clefty

I said
Your an idiot.

Lol...notice He didn't say He will put new laws...or some of My laws...or "forget about Sabbath in that new covenant"...

He should have clarified about that fasting thingy...oh wait He did...He sent Paul who said it is ok to choose whatever day...

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

But I did address it. Your thinking that it hasn't been fulfilled yet, and it has. You think Jesus hasn't returned.

When did it ever happen that all of the physical descendants of both the house of Israel and the house of Judah were saved?

And since you think that the Lord Jesus has returned to the earth then tell me when this prophecy was fulfilled:

"For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east" (Zech.14:2-4).​

When?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Lol...notice He didn't say He will put new laws...or some of My laws...or "forget about Sabbath in that new covenant"...

He should have clarified about that fasting thingy...oh wait He did...He sent Paul who said it is ok to choose whatever day...

I said
lolol Tell me your not as ignorant as you sound. If your really that ignorant they shouldn't let you outside the house without being on a leash.
He changed the law, annulled the commandments, and made a new covenant. Them three cover all the old testament and anything in it.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
When did it ever happen that all of the physical descendants of both the house of Israel and the house of Judah were saved?

And since you think that the Lord Jesus has returned to the earth then tell me when this prophecy was fulfilled:

"For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east" (Zech.14:2-4).​

When?

I said
I said Jesus has returned in a manner of speaking. To those who are born again. In the revelations of Jesus Christ. And I hope you do realize saved is not salvation.

clefty

I said
lolol Tell me your not as ignorant as you sound. If your really that ignorant they shouldn't let you outside the house without being on a leash.
He changed the law, annulled the commandments, and made a new covenant. Them three cover all the old testament and anything in it.
I am on a leash silly...well yoke...but it's ok it's easy and indicates Who I belong to...

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)
yup the law of priesthood...who could be priest...nothing there about Sabbath just like you insert it into Romans 14 which also says nothing about the Sabbath but fasting...

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
yup...the priestly law wasn't to find a priest from the Levis to bring life but point out Who could bring life the True High Priest...all others were just a type

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Yup a brand new covenant with a brand new signature...signed and sealed at the death on the cross and then His followers hurried to keep the Sabbath according to the commandment still binding...

Just like at creation His first full day in a new age was at rest...and as with that first Sabbath He was refreshed...into a glorified body...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I am on a leash silly...well yoke...but it's ok it's easy and indicates Who I belong to...

I said
No you don't have the yoke of Christ on you. If and that is a big If. If you did you couldn't reject the revelations of Jesus Christ. And look you don't even understand them. If you had the yoke of Jesus you couldn't speak so much blasphemy against what Jesus brought us. If you had the yoke of Jesus you wouldn't call Jesus a liar. When He said

John 10:7-8
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

I said
Its obvious that you don't believe Jesus and you have found even a different god than what Jesus tells us about.

2 Cor 11:14-15
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:4-5
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?
(NKJ)

Jesus told us that satan would come in with a counterfeit god. And he did. And look at all the verses and revelations I have posted and you rejected all of them with no more than "your own opinion". Now we know where your own opinion comes from.

clefty

I said
No you don't have the yoke of Christ on you. If and that is a big If. If you did you couldn't reject the revelations of Jesus Christ. And look you don't even understand them. If you had the yoke of Jesus you couldn't speak so much blasphemy against what Jesus brought us. If you had the yoke of Jesus you wouldn't call Jesus a liar. When He said

John 10:7-8
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

I said
Its obvious that you don't believe Jesus and you have found even a different god than what Jesus tells us about.

2 Cor 11:14-15
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:4-5
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?
(NKJ)

Jesus told us that satan would come in with a counterfeit god. And he did. And look at all the verses and revelations I have posted and you rejected all of them with no more than "your own opinion". Now we know where your own opinion comes from.

Having His yoke means we work for Him...do His Father's will...keep His Law

The sheep did NOT hear those false prophets who came to steal and deceive with claims they were the messiah...Moses EliYah etc. did not claim that and the sheep DID hear them...

and your opinion is that we are only to keep 9 of the 10 laws...

Neither having to work six days nor rest the seventh but by misapplying what Paul said about choosing a day to fast into your own opinion of choose any day everyday sabbath...in the spirit of do what thou wilt...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Having His yoke means we work for Him...do His Father's will...keep His Law

The sheep did NOT hear those false prophets who came to steal and deceive with claims they were the messiah...Moses EliYah etc. did not claim that and the sheep DID hear them...

and your opinion is that we are only to keep 9 of the 10 laws...

Neither having to work six days nor rest the seventh but by misapplying what Paul said about choosing a day to fast into your own opinion of choose any day everyday sabbath...in the spirit of do what thou wilt...

I said
You have a very weird understanding. The will of God is for us to believe in Jesus.

John 6:29
29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."
(NKJ)

And your wrong again. Its not my claim that you keep any of the old testament. My claim is that you keep the new testament laws. The ones that Jesus put in the new testament.

You are the one that is misapplying what Paul said. He didn't say nothing about fasting. It is talking about those who are weak in the faith. Like you. I believe I can do all things through Jesus who strengthens me. I can keep the Sabbath or not. Because I am in the meat understanding. You are weak in the faith and you believe the rituals are important like keeping one day special. I don't despise you because you keep the Sabbath. But because your weak in the faith you are judging me. Wrongly.

Rom 14:1-5
1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.
2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.
3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
(NKJ)

All you have to do is look at the words that come out of your mouth. You have lied, you have used gross exaggerations, you have blasphemed the scriptures, your whole argument is full of guile. You have tried to be justified by the old testament law. Everyone of your replies has sin in it.

Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

2 Tim 2:14
14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus changed so much in the new covenant. He changed the law, He annulled the commandment, He made the old covenant obsolete.
[Heb 7:12, 18
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...

[Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

No. See Matthew 5:17-20.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Your saying no to these scriptures. That makes you a heretick.

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...

13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your saying no to these scriptures. That makes you a heretick.

Shalom.

No. I accept these Scriptures. I accept all of Scripture.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

No. I accept these Scriptures. I accept all of Scripture.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Your lying to yourself and me. If you believed these verses you couldn't teach the old testament law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your lying to yourself and me. If you believed these verses you couldn't teach the old testament law.

Shalom.

I do not know what you mean by old testament law, but I do know that I am to keep and teach the Commandments found in the Torah, the Law. See Matthew 5:17-20.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I do not know what you mean by old testament law, but I do know that I am to keep and teach the Commandments found in the Torah, the Law. See Matthew 5:17-20.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
The Torah is the old testament.