ECT Jesus, The Man part of Him

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That's not the point. Read the post # 11 again.

Post 11 made the comment "He is The Only Begotten Son ie what God begets can be nothing less than God."

The first part of that statement having been taken out of context contradicts what Jesus said about the kingdom. But I do agree with the last part and it should be evident that we too are begotten by God and that Jesus' Father is our Father. Jesus said so.

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This is what the OP is all about:
"Jesus, The Man part of Him"

What you don't seem to realize is that the OP included the statement "Neither had rule over the other but were always in complete agreement; submitted to one another."

This statement is not biblical. The Father is not subject to any man, not even his Son nor his sons.

Cross Reference

We are adopted, Jesus is The ONLY Begotten Son. Read Paul.

Question remains: What is the ONLY prerequisite for someone to be that he could be the sacrifice for canceling out Adam's transgression? That has to be dealt with and settled before anything further, either in the OT or NT, can PROPERLY be understood.. Of course, that is my understanding of the scriptures not based upon commentary.

Cross Reference

What you don't seem to realize is that the OP included the statement "Neither had rule over the other but were always in complete agreement; submitted to one another."

This statement is not biblical. The Father is not subject to any man, not even his Son nor his sons.

"While on Earth and before His glorification, Jesus was the Christ of the Word of God He was given to protect; the Word of God who was equal to the Godhead Who would subject Himself the humanity of a man, a human body prepared for Him. While now being one in the same, both were subjected, for a determined period of time, to each other. Neither had rule over the other but were always in complete agreement; submitted to one another.

Jesus was the prepared human manifestation of the Word of God, perfect in all His ways. He would be glorified in that manner by His obedience to be forever the Word of God in Divine human flesh.

Jesus never wavered in His vulnerable state of responsibility that He would be our example of what God will have all those born of Him from above for that day when these truly "crucified and abandoned to Him" saints, will join Jesus in the air to return with Him in "clouds of glory".

Paul lived by His imparted Life per Gal 2:20."

Every word is Biblical. Consider you need adjustment in your thinking. You might want to begin by learning the difference between submission and obedience.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We are adopted, Jesus is The ONLY Begotten Son. Read Paul.

The people of Jacob were adopted as God's son and this is to whom Paul was speaking.

For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” (Romans 8:15 NKJV)​

There is no record that God ever adopted a Gentile nation so it should be clear that Paul was speaking to Jews. However, the Torah states that Gentiles could be adopted into Israel and would be regarded by the law as native sons.

We don't live by the Torah because we have a different High Priest who could not be a priest in the context of the Torah.

To be born of the Spirit we must first be begotten by the Spirit.

revpete

The people of Jacob were adopted as God's son and this is to whom Paul was speaking.

For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” (Romans 8:15 NKJV)​

There is no record that God ever adopted a Gentile nation so it should be clear that Paul was speaking to Jews. However, the Torah states that Gentiles could be adopted into Israel and would be regarded by the law as native sons.

We don't live by the Torah because we have a different High Priest who could not be a priest in the context of the Torah.

To be born of the Spirit we must first be begotten by the Spirit.

Not talking nations but individuals:

Galatians: 4. 4. But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5. To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 6. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Every true Christian is an adopted child of God but Jesus is The ONLY Begotten.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Neither had rule over the other...

This statement is not biblical.

But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
(1 Corinthians 11:3 NKJV)​

The head of Christ is God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

I need to go to lunch so I will reply when I get back. I think being begotten is critical to Jesus' statement about being born a second time.

Ciao. No, I mean chow.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes, Jesus' mom is the only woman ever impregnated by the Holy Spirit which makes Jesus the only person physically begotten by the Holy Spirit.

We are not physically begotten by the Holy Spirit but we are spiritually begotten by the Holy Spirit. How can we be born of the Spirit if we are not begotten by the Spirit?

Adoption means someone other than the Father would be our Father but Jesus said, "...but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'" (John 20:17 NKJV)

We have the same Father spiritually that Jesus has. Therefore, in the spiritual sense we have the same Father as Jesus.

StanJ

:up:
This is correct, as Paul teaches in 1 Cor 11:3
But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

Cross Reference

Galatians: 4. 4. But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5. To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 6. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Again, it is assumed by main stream theology and creeds by that declaration Jesus being sent forth was from when He was born/begotten when in reality it could never been at that point in time when we factor in the rest of the verse. There is 30 yrs difference between when it is assumed He was sent into the world and when He actually was sent. 30 yrs of preparation had to take place and then: "In the fulness of time God sent Jesus into the world". cf Luke 4:11-14 KJV

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Here again, it reads that we "might receive" when in reality we have something definite from God that by it, we "might become" His adopted sons. Here: "But as many as received him [born again], to them gave he power to become the [adopted] sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: cf John 1:12 (KJV) Hebrews 2:10 KJV

There is continuity in that, Pete.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. (1 Peter 1:3 NKJV)​

Who has begotten us again? It is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have the same Father as Jesus Christ.

Jesus was not adopted and neither are we adopted. We have the same spiritual Father and the same spiritual mother as Jesus Christ.

This is not difficult.

Cross Reference

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. (1 Peter 1:3 NKJV)​

Who has begotten us again? It is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have the same Father as Jesus Christ.

Jesus was not adopted and neither are we adopted. We have the same spiritual Father and the same spiritual mother as Jesus Christ.

This is not difficult.

Start you own tread Jamie. Get off mine. The scriptures you post you assume contribute to your argument when they don't and you deny the only means by which you might understand what they are actually saying..

Last edited: