ECT "The Big Switch"

God's Truth

Danoah,

We are not commanded because of grace, you say.

Is this Paul speaking:

Acts 17:30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Is this not Paul telling us we are commanded to do something:

1 Corinthians 7:10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband.

How about this scripture:

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.

Danoh

How is "must not" in the same force as that "thou shalt not" - that Paul relates in Romans 7, resulted in that dominion over him by the flesh through the Law that he had just related in Romans 6 the Believer is not under?

But, round and round we will go if your are allowed, as you continue to prove your incompetence in post, after post, after post, year, after...year...

God's Truth

How is "must not" in the same force as that "thou shalt not" - that Paul relates in Romans 7, resulted in that dominion over him by the flesh through the Law that he had just related in Romans 6 the Believer is not under?

But, round and round we will go if your are allowed, as you continue to prove your incompetence in post, after post, after post, year, after...year...

I will be glad to explain it to you, but first tell me what you think of those scriptures where Paul says we are COMMANDED?

God's Truth

Ever heard of religious legalism? Religious tyranny? The RCC?

Did you miss these scriptures I posted?

Acts 17:30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

1 Corinthians 7:10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband.

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.

God's Truth

In 1 Cor 5 was it a guideline to throw the guy out of church who was sleeping with his fathers wife, or a command?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe this will make you more sure about having to obey:

2 Thessalonians 1:8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

You still think we do not have to obey?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, we sin with no consequence

Poor man.

Rev 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
Rev 3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Rev 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Poor man.

Rev 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
Rev 3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Rev 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Believe me when I say, "You wouldn't make a good Preacher." Why, you don't even make a good poster on TOL. No offence intended, I just feel the burden to speak the truth to you. Ya know what I mean? Probably not?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Ever heard of religious legalism? Religious tyranny? The RCC?

Religious tyranny us what John Calvin held over the people of Geneva. He's been called "The Pope of Geneva." Did you know that Nang? Probably not? I think perhaps you know very little or even less. One thing you do know though and that's how to be the grouchiest poster on TOL. You can quote me on that.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That scripture is about not telling everyone about what you gave to the needy.

It's also about doing the right thing for the wrong reason.

Some people only do the right thing so others can see them do it.

You see this all the time with celebrities. They have press conferences so everyone can see the donation they just made.

God's Truth

It's also about doing the right thing for the wrong reason.

Some people only do the right thing so others can see them do it.

You see this all the time with celebrities. They have press conferences so everyone can see the donation they just made.

We were talking about OBEYING Jesus. You have wandered from the conversation, and wandered from the truth.

We have to obey Jesus.

Jesus says do good, and do not announce it.

Now tell me how you think you have corrected me.

Tell me how you have proven me wrong when I say there is no wrong in obeying Jesus.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We have to obey Jesus.

Jesus says do good, and do not announce it.

Now tell me how you think you have corrected me.

I just gave you an example.

Here is what you said:

There is never ever a bad reason to obey. That is nonsense.

I just gave you a bad reason.

If you obey (give money to the poor), but do it so people can see you doing it, then you did it for a bad reason.

God's Truth

I just gave you an example.

Here is what you said:

I just gave you a bad reason.

If you obey (give money to the poor), but do it so people can see you doing it, then you did it for a bad reason.

But Jesus SAYS do NOT announce it---THAT IS a command, and obeying that shows there is NO wrong way.