Only Jesus Is Perfect

Ben Masada

I tire of seeing people here say they can and do obey all of God's commands and the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Only Jesus lived a life that is perfect. Stop fooling yourselves by relying on your own power to obey.

Are you sure that Jesus lived a perfect life? If that's true the Scriptures that Jesus used all his life long was lying. If you read Ecclesiastes 7:20, "There has never been a single man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned." Then, only in Matthew 23:13-33 Jesus broke the Golden Rule 15 times. The Golden Rule states not to do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. The Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. Serious contradiction right there. According to the text, Jesus offended the Jewish authorities by naming them as hypocrites and brood of vipers. Now, what are we supposed to do, to give it a deaf ear to what Jesus did because he was Jesus? Not so with God's Word. I am
ready not to believe this happened but you must deny Matthew 23:13-33 as a forgery.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Are you sure that Jesus lived a perfect life? If that's true the Scriptures that Jesus used all his life long was lying. If you read Ecclesiastes 7:20, "There has never been a single man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned." Then, only in Matthew 23:13-33 Jesus broke the Golden Rule 15 times. The Golden Rule states not to do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. The Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. Serious contradiction right there. According to the text, Jesus offended the Jewish authorities by naming them as hypocrites and brood of vipers. Now, what are we supposed to do, to give it a deaf ear to what Jesus did because he was Jesus? Not so with God's Word. I am
ready not to believe this happened but you must deny Matthew 23:13-33 as a forgery.

Jesus calling names and turning tables and scolding the pharisees does not equate to sin. Jesus lived a sinless life on earth, perfect.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That should pretty much say it all.

We are expected to develop perfect character, right? In Matthew 5:48 the word translated perfect means complete ... complete with regard to our mental and moral character. We may think of perfection as spiritual maturity.

shagster01

I still can't believe that Jesus was a perfect man, but nobody really noticed him or wrote about his life until he was like 30 some years old. If there was a perfect kid now, he'd be big news, man.

Did he never covet another child's toy as a toddler?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Patrick, viewing your avatar, it's refreshing you're, obviously, an honest man, no pretense of perfection there! :hammer:

(That emoticon reminds me of somebody who asked the guy, "Why do you keep hitting yourself on the head with that hammer?!" The guy replies, "Because it feels so good when I stop.")

Thank you so much for the kind words, I like your posts too !! You have much wisdom

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
We are expected to develop perfect character, right? In Matthew 5:48 the word translated perfect means complete ... complete with regard to our mental and moral character. We may think of perfection as spiritual maturity.

Colossians 2:10 KJV -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I still can't believe that Jesus was a perfect man, but nobody really noticed him or wrote about his life until he was like 30 some years old. If there was a perfect kid now, he'd be big news, man.

Did he never covet another child's toy as a toddler?

No, Jesus is perfect

Ben Masada

Jesus calling names and turning tables and scolding the pharisees does not equate to sin. Jesus lived a sinless life on earth, perfect.

Why! If I had done what Jesus did against the Jewish authorities or the money changers, I would be condemned perhaps to a long time in jail. But what Jesus did does not equate to sins or to a law-breaking act. You guys never cease amazing me!

keypurr

Do you suppose that is why Paul said: "But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." (Romans 8:9)

:popcorn:
Amen, if the spirit controls our lives we will reflect God's love to all. We will keep his law in the spirit that is within them. Christ came to put the law in our hearts and with his spirit we can keep them in the spirit.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why! If I had done what Jesus did against the Jewish authorities or the money changers, I would be condemned perhaps to a long time in jail. But what Jesus did does not equate to sins or to a law-breaking act. You guys never cease amazing me!
You have to look at the much bigger picture there, see it in context. Jesus is God, so it was God's anger on display. Also, Jesus was charged with no crime.

Keep in mind what Jesus was saying, what His message was for them.

Prizebeatz1

Only Jesus Is Perfect

You have to look at the much bigger picture there, see it in context. Jesus is God, so it was God's anger on display. Also, Jesus was charged with no crime.

Is it possible that what we perceive as God's anger is really ultimately the personality's anger that is being projected onto the world around it and therefore unconsciously projected onto God? Maybe God's anger is imperturbable stillness that surpasses all understanding. Perhaps Jesus' perfection hints at the part of us that is one with this.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Ben Masada

And you say, "Jesus was charged with no crime." So, you do not know that insurrection is a crime? The claim to be king of the Jews in a Roman province was considered an insurrection and insurrection was punishable with the cross. One day Jesus' disciples planned to acclaim Jesus king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem. The thing was so serious that some of the Pharisees asked Jesus to stop his disciples or he could be arrested. Probably, Jesus was enjoying the parade and refused to stop his disciples. He even said that if they stopped, the stones would shout. (Luke 19:37-40) Okay, so, eventually he was arrested and the verdict Pilate ordered to nail on the top of his cross read, INRI. So, Jesus was crucified on a charge of insurrection and you say he was never charged with a crime. Let's be serious
for once!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
And you say, "Jesus was charged with no crime." So, you do not know that insurrection is a crime? The claim to be king of the Jews in a Roman province was considered an insurrection and insurrection was punishable with the cross. One day Jesus' disciples planned to acclaim Jesus king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem. The thing was so serious that some of the Pharisees asked Jesus to stop his disciples or he could be arrested. Probably, Jesus was enjoying the parade and refused to stop his disciples. He even said that if they stopped, the stones would shout. (Luke 19:37-40) Okay, so, eventually he was arrested and the verdict Pilate ordered to nail on the top of his cross read, INRI. So, Jesus was crucified on a charge of insurrection and you say he was never charged with a crime. Let's be serious
for once!

I said He faced no charges for the scolding and turning over tables in the market that day.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So you dispute Jamie's claim that he was only perfect as a toddler because Jewish law didn't hold him accountable until he was adult, and maintain he literally never did anything wrong?
I claim that Jesus Christ the man lived a sinless perfect life. Even His childhood was perfect