Unless YOU believe that I am He (God) YOU Will Die in YOUR Sins, John 8:24

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Didn't you read what the Bible says ELSEWHERE?

Also, John 10:30 does not teach the Jesus is God. He was saying the he and God were UNITED. They AGREED with each other.

I have asked you to comment on John 17:20-23 but you have not responded to that. It says that Jesus' DISCIPLES would be "one" just as the Father and Christ were "one." Are the disciples also God?

"I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word, so that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they may also be in union with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one."

The Father and Jesus are "one," and Jesus prayed that his disciples would ALSO be "one" with them. Do they ALL make up "God"?

You're coming from another prospective. A Jehovah Witnness cult prospective. Oil and water.

KingdomRose

Jesus is either God or he is a man. I believe that he is both.

If he is just a man, then that means that he was born after Adam and he is a sinner. If he was a sinner it would not be possible for him to atone for the sins of the world. God requires a perfect sacrifice for the sins of humanity.

Jesus had to be both God and man to save us. Jesus is God's new creation and Gods new humanity. Only God can raise people from the dead. Only God can turn water into wine.

"Unless you believe that he is who he claims to be, you will die in your sins".

We are saved by faith in Christ. You can't have faith in just a man.
No, you are wrong. You say, "Jesus is either God or he is a man." SAYS WHO? He is neither God nor just a man.

He is not God, but he was a man---a PERFECT, SINLESS MAN. This is MUCH DIFFERENT than a mere man, born into a sinful human race. He inherited no sin, protected in the womb of Mary.

You are right, only God can resurrect people or work miracles. That is why God GAVE Jesus the power to do those things. He said: "All authority has been GIVEN me in heaven and on the earth." (Matt.28:18)

If he was God, he would not have had to be given anything.

KingdomRose

Then we have in verse 31, I mean John 8:31, that Jesus was talking to the Jews who had believed in him. Then to these Jews who had believed in him he said, "You are children of the Devil." Does it make any sense to you? To me it doesn't. How could Jesus call the Jews who had believed in him children of the Devil? (John 8:44)That's why those Jews who had believed in Jesus got upset and revealed a secret that Jesus had been born out of fornication. (John 8:41) In fact, Josephus in his book "Wars of the Jews" mentions that in the First Century rapes of Jewish young ladies by the Romans in Israel was catastrophic. Thousands of Jewish children had been born out of fornication in Israel.

Lousy note-taking on a disciple's part. :think: In verse 31 he had to have been talking to his disciples. He must have turned to a different set of Jews when he spoke the words in verses 33-47. OR....the Jews he spoke to had ONCE believed him but then changed their minds.

If they thought Jesus had been "born out of fornication," they were wrong once again.

KingdomRose

The rejection of the New Testament is the rejection of your Messiah. You are determined to die in your sins.

You will also, if you continue to reject and misrepresent God, the Father (YHWH). (John 14:24,28,31)

BTW, I asked you to explain those verses in John, among others, but you haven't yet.

Brother Ducky

It is our personal responsibility to find the truth and believe it.

If you find yourself in hell after the judgment don't blame God for it. It is not Gods responsibility to save you. He has done all that he can do to provide you with savation. He has given his only "Begotten Son" for your salvation. It is your responsibility to...
"Enter in at the strait gate" Matthew 7:13, 14. There are two ways for you to go, there is the strait gate which leads to eternal life and there is the broad way that leads to destruction. It is your personal resonsibility to seek out and find the strait gate that leads to eternal life. That is the purpose of this scripture. Jesus gives you a commandment, "Enter in at the strait gate".

The "strait gate" is Jesus Christ. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man can come to the Father but by me, John 14:6. There, I have just told you the way to the strait gate. Why do you want to continue on the broad way that leads to destruction? The broadway is the way of man, it is the way of religion. The broad way is the way that seems right unto a man, but it is the way of death and destruction, Proverbs 14:12.

The reason that the "Broad Way" is broad is because there are "many there be that go that way". It has to be broad to accomodate the masses that have rejected the strait gate and are continuing on the broad way that leads to death and destruction. If I was driving down the street and I saw that your house was on fire I would stop and bang on your door and tell you that your house was on fire. I am banging on your door NOW to tell you that if you are not totally and completely trusting in Jesus Christ to save you, YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE.

Does this apply to your mentor?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No the Bible does NOT teach that Jesus is God, and your inserting "God" into a scripture just makes you guilty of ADDING TO the Scriptures. God doesn't like anyone adding to the Scriptures. (Deut.4:2: Rev.22:18) The problem is with you.

I John 5:7 is well-known to scholars as a much later corruption of the scriptures, inserted by some biased scribe. Earlier manuscripts do not contain this verse.

To say that "in him dwells all the fulness of the divine qualities" at Colossians 2:9 does not make Jesus God. It also says in Colossians that Jesus is the IMAGE OF God, not God.

You are perpetrating your own viewpoint into the Scriptures and adding to what they actually say.

True.

LA

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Let's say for the sake of discussion that salvation equates to immortality, meaning we are saved from the second death. So how is this accomplished?

The Father reconciled everyone in heaven and earth to himself through the blood of Jesus Christ. Does this reconciliation mean everyone has been saved? Not at all, we are not saved by Jesus' death, we are saved by Christ in us, the hope of glory.

Since Christ in us produces salvation we can say that it is Christ who saves us, he is our Savior.

He is our Savior, but is he God? Not the Most High God, that is a different person whom we call our Father, however, God's family is not limited to just the Father, it includes the Son and the Son's bride. This is the kingdom of God.

We are told that flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God, rather we must be born of the Spirit. Jesus was born of the Spirit and God is his father. We are begotten of the Spirit to be born with an incorruptible body and immortality at Christ's coming.

The Father will remain in heaven when Jesus Christ comes to give us immortality (salvation). Jesus Christ is our Savior.

So now we are "looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works." (Titus 2:13-14)

There is no question that Jesus Christ is our Savior and there should be no question that he is our great God.

And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” (John 20:28-29)​

Jesus did not deny he was Lord and God and he even conferred a blessing on those who believe.

Robert Pate

Banned
Let's say for the sake of discussion that salvation equates to immortality, meaning we are saved from the second death. So how is this accomplished?

The Father reconciled everyone in heaven and earth to himself through the blood of Jesus Christ. Does this reconciliation mean everyone has been saved? Not at all, we are not saved by Jesus' death, we are saved by Christ in us, the hope of glory.

Since Christ in us produces salvation we can say that it is Christ who saves us, he is our Savior.

He is our Savior, but is he God? Not the Most High God, that is a different person whom we call our Father, however, God's family is not limited to just the Father, it includes the Son and the Son's bride. This is the kingdom of God.

We are told that flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God, rather we must be born of the Spirit. Jesus was born of the Spirit and God is his father. We are begotten of the Spirit to be born with an incorruptible body and immortality at Christ's coming.

The Father will remain in heaven when Jesus Christ comes to give us immortality (salvation). Jesus Christ is our Savior.

So now we are "looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works." (Titus 2:13-14)

There is no question that Jesus Christ is our Savior and there should be no question that he is our great God.

And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” (John 20:28-29)​

Jesus did not deny he was Lord and God and he even conferred a blessing on those who believe.

Christ in us does not produce salvation.

What produces salvation is the doing and the dying of Jesus that took place over 2000 years ago.

dodge

Christ in us does not produce salvation.

What produces salvation is the doing and the dying of Jesus that took place over 2000 years ago.

If one rejects Christ do you believe they are saved ?

Christ in us the hope of glory according to scripture.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The word seen there is perceive not visible sight.

Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

LA

So the real question is just how dumb ARE you folks?

"He was in the bosom of the Father"

I cain't hep you folks with this, nobody can because the revelation of Christ as God must come from the Father, flesh and blood does not reveal it.

I say you are dumb but really it is this matter of revelation. The very smartest people in the world can't discover it.

It is the revelation upon which Christ has built His church

Epoisses

If one rejects Christ do you believe they are saved ?

Christ in us the hope of glory according to scripture.

The whole world has been saved, past tense, 2000 years ago by the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Do you believe the good news?