• Democrats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Vatican

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
the erosion of of the constitution, the moral depravity and erosion of faith and selfishness/greed; from massive corporations down to the poverty level. i can't explain it -

rougueone

Please explain your selection.

Radical Islam
United Nations
Obama
Republicans
Democrats
The Supreme Court
The people's general morality (or lack thereof)
The Vatican
The Illuminati
Other....

A Christians freedoms are outlined from Genesis to Revelation. This is our "Constitution".

rougueone

Please explain your selection.

A Christians freedoms are outlined from Genesis to Revelation. This is our "Constitution". Which cannot be taken nor threatened.
If people believe in man's definition of freedoms, then all the above apply. As all the entities listed, have and will, continue to strip people of their man made "promises"..

Buzzword

I don't see "unfettered, unrestrained, cutthroat capitalism" on that list, so I'm doing with "Other".

elohiym

I answered "other." Spiritually, the greatest threat is unbelief. Carnally, the greatest threat is the banking system.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I will give you a few quotes from our founding fathers as to why I made the selection I did.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."-- John Adams

"The Christian religion, in its purity, is the basis, or rather the source of all genuine freedom in government. . . . and I am persuaded that no civil government of a republican form can exist and be durable in which the principles of that religion have not a controlling influence." --Noah Webster

"For avoiding the extremes of despotism or anarchy . . . the only ground of hope must be on the morals of the people. I believe that religion is the only solid base of morals and that morals are the only possible support of free governments. Therefore education should teach the precepts of religion and the duties of man towards God."---Gouverneur Morris

"Human law must rest its authority ultimately upon the authority of that law which is divine. . . . Far from being rivals or enemies, religion and law are twin sisters, friends, and mutual assistants. Indeed, these two sciences run into each other."---James Wilson

Source--->Quotes of the Founding Fathers

elohiym

I will give you a few quotes from our founding fathers as to why I made the selection I did.

That's a good idea; I will do the same:

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks…will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered…. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.” – Thomas Jefferson in the debate over the Re-charter of the Bank Bill (1809)

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.” –Thomas Jefferson

“… The modern theory of the perpetuation of debt has drenched the earth with blood, and crushed its inhabitants under burdens ever accumulating.” -Thomas Jefferson

“History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance.” -James Madison

Source.

Mocking You

I selected Other.

The biggest threat to freedom in the US is......apathy. This would include taking freedom for granted, not participating in your community, and staying ignorant of current events, to name a few.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I think climate change is a good answer but maybe not the most immediate.

I voted 'other'. I'm not sure what I'd rank first but just a couple thoughts.

-- The fear of radical Islam can be a threat to freedom if people are willing to give up freedoms in favor of feeling safe, whether or not they actually are safer.

-- An increasingly connected, global, and high-tech world. A return to the Tower of Babel perhaps.

-- Apathy can be a good one. Or hopelessness. The thought that nothing you can do will lead to changes.

-- The two-party system.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Why is 'Aliens' not an option. They're responsible for everything. Just watch the history channel