The Jewish Sabbath Starts at Dawn

daqq

AENT
Luke23:54. And the day was ending and the (Annual) Shabbat was closing.

Notes from the AENT:
The Aramaic word here erubata is derived from the Hebrew ereb and refers to a mixing of light and darkness, with specific reference to sunset or the sun declining into sunset shortly.
This word was mistranslated into the Greek as epiphosko.

No it is not mistranslated because epiphosko is the "first-light" of a day which is the evening portion. The evening is from "the going down of the sun" until nightfall which is about five hours. This is why it is written, "between the evenings", and likewise epiphoskos is the period "between the evenings", (epiphoskos-"firstlight" of every day). The evening and the morning are a day. The day is divided just after midday and, thus, every day begins and ends in the LIGHT. The brightest portion of the day is the daily sabbasin-Shabbat which is the seventh hour of the day, every day, and in the seventh day it is the Shabbat in its Shabbat as it is written. :)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
No it is not mistranslated because epiphosko is the "first-light" of a day which is the evening portion. The evening is from "the going down of the sun" until nightfall which is about five hours. This is why it is written, "between the evenings", and likewise epiphoskos is the period "between the evenings", (epiphoskos-"firstlight" of every day). The evening and the morning are a day. The day is divided just after midday and, thus, every day begins and ends in the LIGHT. The brightest portion of the day is the daily sabbasin-Shabbat which is the seventh hour of the day, every day, and in the seventh day it is the Shabbat in its Shabbat as it is written. :)

:think: :):backflip::Christine

Thanks bro.

daqq

:think: :):backflip::Christine

Thanks bro.

No prob bro. :)

Deuteronomy 16:6
6. But at the place which YHWH your Elohim shall choose to cause His name to dwell therein you shall sacrifice the Pesach, in the evening, at the going down of the sun: the mow`ed you came forth out of Egypt.

"Between the evenings" (Exo 12:6) = "Going down of the sun" (Deut 16:6)

OCTOBER23

STILL NO PROOF FROM YOU GUYS

TO SHOW ME WHERE THE BIBLE SAYS THAT THE DAY BEGINS AT EVENING.

I searched and studied it for 2 years and here are a few of my proofs.

Jos 6:15 And it came to pass on the seventh day, that they rose early about the dawning of the day, and compassed the city after the same manner seven times: only on that day they compassed the city seven times.

Jud 19:26 Then came the woman in the dawning of the day, and fell down at the door of the man’s house where her lord was, till it was light.

Job 3:9 Let the stars of the twilight thereof be dark; let it look for light, but have none; neither let it see the dawning of the day:

Job 7:4 When I lie down, I say, When shall I arise, and the night be gone? and I am full of tossings to and fro unto the dawning of the day.

Mr 6:35 And when the day was now far spent, his disciples came unto him, and said, This is a desert place, and now the time is far passed:

Lu 24:29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.

Ro 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Daniel1769

The Jewish people start their Sabbath and Days at Sunset .

But the Scriptures clearly indicate that ALL Days begin at Sunrise.

Even Atonement starts at Sunrise on the Tenth of the Month
and God wants the people to FAST starting at the Evening of the NINTH of the Month
so that their Stomachs will be Empty for 24 hours BEFORE THE LORD.
==============================================

Ex 16:23 And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said,

To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD:

bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe;

and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.
==================================================

Why are you surprised? The followers of Judaism don't follow anything in the Bible.

CherubRam

I searched and studied it for 2 years and here are a few of my proofs.

Jos 6:15 And it came to pass on the seventh day, that they rose early about the dawning of the day, and compassed the city after the same manner seven times: only on that day they compassed the city seven times.

Jud 19:26 Then came the woman in the dawning of the day, and fell down at the door of the man’s house where her lord was, till it was light.

Job 3:9 Let the stars of the twilight thereof be dark; let it look for light, but have none; neither let it see the dawning of the day:

Job 7:4 When I lie down, I say, When shall I arise, and the night be gone? and I am full of tossings to and fro unto the dawning of the day.

Mr 6:35 And when the day was now far spent, his disciples came unto him, and said, This is a desert place, and now the time is far passed:

Lu 24:29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.

Ro 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
The world began in darkness, and that is why a day starts at sunset.

daqq

Why should I rebuild what I have already taken apart? I could argue that point but why should I when I know it is not true? (because of what you mean when you say "evening"). I do not think you even understand the main point I have been trying to make, (since I can only assume you include my comments when you use the inclusive, "YOU GUYS"). Evening begins when the Torah says it begins:

Genesis 24:11 KJV
11. And he made his camels to kneel down without the city by a well of water at the time of the evening, even the time that women go out to draw water.

This time of day is mentioned in John 4:6-23 where the woman comes to draw water from the well of Yakob and it was roundabout the sixth hour of the day, (and again, the daily sabbasin is the seventh hour of the day, John 4:23). Your pal CherubRam also has already seen these things presented elsewhere from the scripture and should know better than to say what he now says. The burden of proof is on the two of you to back up your own statements and neither of you can do so. The passages you quote do not mean what you say they do.

daqq

Every human being is like a walking sundial. When the woman comes to the well she is casting a shadow slightly to the west because the sun has not reached its zenith in the sky. When the sun reaches its zenith or peak overhead in the sky then the seventh hour commences because it is midday. In that part of the world the woman would then have cast a slight shadow due south because the sun would have been directly overhead. All of this occurs in the John 4:1-23 passage which clearly states that it was about the sixth hour:

John 4:6-7 KJV
6. Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.
7. There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.

At this point everything is casting a shadow slightly to the west because the sun is still slightly rising from the east toward the top of the arch of the sky until the close of the sixth hour. The sixth hour closes at zenith when the sun reaches the top of the sky and the shadows switch from the west, (because the sun is in the eastern sky) to the south, (zenith) then to the east, (because the sun is in the western sky and going down). The seventh hour commencement point occurs in the passage and Yeshua notes it with the following statements:

John 4:21-22 KJV
21. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

In the above passage Yeshua tells the woman that the hour is coming.

John 4:23-24 KJV
23. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

In the above continuing passage Yeshua tells the woman that the hour NOW IS because the shadows had just come around to pointing due south as they spoke. The seventh hour of the day had commenced. And the seventh hour is the daily sabbasin-shabbat in every day. This is what we would call high noon or midday. The sixth hour ends at high noon and the sabbasin begins. The eighth hour is the first hour of the evening of the next day because the evening and the morning are the twelve hours of a DAY, (LIGHT).

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Every human being is like a walking sundial. When the woman comes to the well she is casting a shadow slightly to the west because the sun has not reached its zenith in the sky. When the sun reaches its zenith or peak overhead in the sky then the seventh hour commences because it is midday. In that part of the world the woman would then have cast a slight shadow due south because the sun would have been directly overhead. All of this occurs in the John 4:1-23 passage which clearly states that it was about the sixth hour:

John 4:6-7 KJV
6. Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.
7. There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.

At this point everything is casting a shadow slightly to the west because the sun is still slightly rising from the east toward the top of the arch of the sky until the close of the sixth hour. The sixth hour closes at zenith when the sun reaches the top of the sky and the shadows switch from the west, (because the sun is in the eastern sky) to the south, (zenith) then to the east, (because the sun is in the western sky and going down). The seventh hour commencement point occurs in the passage and Yeshua notes it with the following statements:

John 4:21-22 KJV
21. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

In the above passage Yeshua tells the woman that the hour is coming.

John 4:23-24 KJV
23. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

In the above continuing passage Yeshua tells the woman that the hour NOW IS because the shadows had just come around to pointing due south as they spoke. The seventh hour of the day had commenced. And the seventh hour is the daily sabbasin-shabbat in every day. This is what we would call high noon or midday. The sixth hour ends at high noon and the sabbasin begins. The eighth hour is the first hour of the evening of the next day because the evening and the morning are the twelve hours of a DAY, (LIGHT).

Dude, that's what I was gonna say !