Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Danoh

[MENTION=16688]Danoh[/MENTION] - excellent that you spend so much time reading all of Scripture.

The point is that one ought to know The Book.

Otherwise, one ends up at the blind mercy of what men write because it appeared to make sense only because one was not familiar with the Bible one claims to believe in.

This was what happened to Israel...

Isaiah 8:16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Matthew 15:1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, 15:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Eagles Wings

The Holy Spirit tries to woo men to himself. Refusing his love is an offense worthy of eternal damnation. To say he never even bothered to woo and win and individual to himself is false. Matt. 12:31, 32
SD, based on John 3:16, would you agree that God gave His only begotten Son, for those who believe in Him?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
We don't act on God's knowledge - we act on our own understanding and knowledge.[/COLOR] And since even Jesus Christ didn't know for certain if there was an alternative to the cross, but sought the Father about it ("If it be possible, let this cup pass from me : nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou wilt."), we can hardly expect to have perfect understanding of the Father's will. So because of that, I believe election and predestination to be true (Romans 8:29, Romans 9:11, I Thessalonians 1:4, I Peter 1:2 - but I also fully agree with the requirement that we be found faithful (Matt 10:22, I Cor 4:2, Rev 2:10 etc...). That doesn't destroy predestination or election. If so, that would mean man's unfaithfulness could thwart God's plan. And of course, when man tries to reconcile that, he ends up saying "God knew" instead of "God did" from eternity past. Which clearly contradicts scriptures like Acts 15:18 and Isaiah 46:10....

Our confidence going forward (in faith) is in God's ability, not our faithfulness.

One little poke dear friend . . . in your words bolded above . . .

As you state at the last, is salvation then ultimately dependant upon our faithfulness (one way or the other), or is our salvation a result of God's grace, ALONE?

There is a very subtle undercurrent of faith plus works in the Reformed camp these days, so every encouragement we offer as gospel, must clarify justification by faith alone.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
SD, based on John 3:16, would you agree that God gave His only begotten Son, for those who believe in Him?

God have his only begotten Son so whosoever would believe would believe. What does world and whosoever mean to you? Jn 3:16 KJV God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to him. What does any and all mean to you? 2 Pe 3:9 God is not far from any one of us. What does us mean to you? Ac 17:27

Eagles Wings

God have his only begotten Son so whosoever would believe would believe. What does world and whosoever mean to you? Jn 3:16 KJV God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to him. What does any and all mean to you? 2 Pe 3:9 God is not far from any one of us. What does us mean to you? Ac 17:27
I believe that God saves whomever He wills to save. Bottom line.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
It was more of a focus on 'hope' in 1 Peter 3:15. I'm looking at how such good news as the Calvinist interprets it might be explained. I don't see any good news in the theology - more a total focus on man's depravity that permits election/reprobation without impugning God's character.

Kinda good news. Kinda good news but you failed to read the fine print non-elect. Depends on what the meaning of good is.

You impugn God's character less than they do :freak: daily.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Just acknowledge the fact that you cannot provide but one scripture that explicitly substantiates limited atonement.
These are the same people who believe that God sees a future that doesn't exist. :dizzy:

Peter would deny him three times before the rooster crowed. He had to see into the future they say (an idea that comes from Greek paganism not scripture [God outside of time, fate, etc.]). God could pinch and rooster to make it crow. No rooster around? God could make a bunny rabbit crow if need be. God has a plan. He's calling out a people for his namesake. Whosoever will--will be his. Whosoever won't--won't be his. That's it. You're interested in Jesus? You hear his voice? You're his. You're not interested in Jesus? Don't hear his voice? You're not his.