ECT Dispensationalism Defined

Jerry Shugart

THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM: AN EXAMINATION OF MODERN DISPENSATIONALISM, AND THE "SCOFIELD BIBLE". --by Philip Mauro

http://www.gospeltruth.net/gospel_of_the_kingdom/gotk_toc.htm

A good expositional read of Dispensationalism.

The English word "dispensation" is translated from the Greek word oikonomia, and that word means "the management of a householdor of household affairs; specifically the management, oversight, administration, of other’s property; the office of a manager or overseer, stewardship" (Thayer’s Greek English Lexicon).

In the following verses the Greek word oikonomia is translated "stewardship":

"There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods. And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward. Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed. I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses" (Lk. 16: 1-4).​

The various stewardships are in regard to "service" and not to "salvation." The various dispensations, therefore, are the ways which God chooses to run the affairs of the world and they are not different ways of salvation. They are in regard to His "earthly purposes". It could be said that the various dispensations are the different ways which the Lord governs His creatures and thus they represent the various governments of God.

Jerry Shugart

CHAPTER XV

SO ALL ISRAEL SHALL BE SAVED

Who are the "all Israel" of Romans 11:26? Abraham's two sons typify respectively his natural seed and his spiritual seed. Are "the bondwoman and her son" to be restored? Is the son of bondwoman to be a fellow-heir with the son of the freewoman? Romans IX, X and XI reviewed. The "good olive tree" and what it typifies and teaches.

WRONG!

Here we see a prophecy that speaks of all those from the house of Israel and from the house of Judah being saved:

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jer.31:31-34).​

That is when all of Israel will be saved.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM: AN EXAMINATION OF MODERN DISPENSATIONALISM, AND THE "SCOFIELD BIBLE". --by Philip Mauro

http://www.gospeltruth.net/gospel_of_the_kingdom/gotk_toc.htm

A good expositional read of Dispensationalism.

A better read would be "Dispensationalism" by Charles Ryrie. Ryrie is an Acts 2 or 'traditional' dispensationalist. He addresses Philip Mauro's objections in the book.

An even better read would be "Things That Differ" by Cornelius Stam.

The main divide is between Covenantalism and Dispensationalism.

Jerry Shugart

I didn't say that I agreed with Ryrie on everything. Only that it is a better book than Philip Mauro's and lays out 'traditional' dispensationalism.

What Ryrie lays out does not even come close to defining the basic Biblical dispensational arrangement. Instead, he perverts that arrangement.

Did you read what Ryrie said on the site?

Cross Reference

A better read would be "Dispensationalism" by Charles Ryrie. Ryrie is an Acts 2 or 'traditional' dispensationalist. He addresses Philip Mauro's objections in the book.

An even better read would be "Things That Differ" by Cornelius Stam.

The main divide is between Covenantalism and Dispensationalism.

From my perspective, none of any of that or any argument over such opinions has any bearing on what Jesus accomplished when He died on the cross that Paul said he lived for per Phil 3:10-14 KJV. Am I right or not?

Last edited:

HisServant

To me, there is little difference between Mormons, Seventh Day Adventists, Penticostals, Christian Scientists, Jehovah's witnesses and Dispensationalists....

They all believe some sort of new radical doctrines that were created during a period of time where American embraced sensationalism. It was a reaction against Catholicsm, Anglicanism and Protestantism's history and theology.

Its basically brand new stuff people... with no Biblical or Historical evidence to support it unless you buy into the system prior to even opening the bible... which is why so many people are confused and brainwashed by it.

Cross Reference

To me, there is little difference between Mormons, Seventh Day Adventists, Penticostals, Christian Scientists, Jehovah's witnesses and Dispensationalists....

They all believe some sort of new radical doctrines that were created during a period of time where American embraced sensationalism. It was a reaction against Catholicsm, Anglicanism and Protestantism's history and theology.

Its basically brand new stuff people... with no Biblical or Historical evidence to support it unless you buy into the system prior to even opening the bible... which is why so many people are confused and brainwashed by it.

You really impress me.

HisServant

You really impress me.

One thing you will also notice, especially among dispensationalists... is they are one of the biggest infighting groups in all of Christendom... a lot are baptists or fundies. (I recall my parents talking about the fighting baptists all the time). They seem to like to split for what amounts to trivial reasons and have forgotten the call to unity among Christians. At the end of the day it doesn't matter whether you are right or not because God can do anything he chooses with his children. The bottom line is have you modeled the love of Jesus and helped the poor and widows and allowed your life to be a witness to your beliefs.

All of the above splinter groups have lost their first love and worship their own minds instead.

DAN P

One thing you will also notice, especially among dispensationalists... is they are one of the biggest infighting groups in all of Christendom... a lot are baptists or fundies. (I recall my parents talking about the fighting baptists all the time). They seem to like to split for what amounts to trivial reasons and have forgotten the call to unity among Christians. At the end of the day it doesn't matter whether you are right or not because God can do anything he chooses with his children. The bottom line is have you modeled the love of Jesus and helped the poor and widows and allowed your life to be a witness to your beliefs.

All of the above splinter groups have lost their first love and worship their own minds instead.

Hi and when you would like to debate me , do it with any OP that concerns Dispensationalism !

All believers are in some point of Maturity , as Babes in Christ as written in 1 Cor 3:1 !!

We are no more divided than Baptist OR Pentecostals or any other group , so between 1 and 10 where are YOU ??:deadhorse::deadhorse:

DAN P

HisServant

Hi and when you would like to debate me , do it with any OP that concerns Dispensationalism !

All believers are in some point of Maturity , as Babes in Christ as written in 1 Cor 3:1 !!

We are no more divided than Baptist OR Pentecostals or any other group , so between 1 and 10 where are YOU ??:deadhorse::deadhorse:

DAN P

Whats to debate?... you have no historical or doctrinal footing to stand on except for the crackpot Darby and and the scoundrel Scofield. You know... he stole his mother in laws inheritance to pay for the production of his bible and spent time in jail for it... he also deserted his family for another woman.

And you believe what these guys dreamed up hook line and sinker...

But like I said, and is evident from your post.... what you want is a fight.

Thanks for proving me right!

DAN P

Whats to debate?... you have no historical or doctrinal footing to stand on except for the crackpot Darby and and the scoundrel Scofield. You know... he stole his mother in laws inheritance to pay for the production of his bible and spent time in jail for it... he also deserted his family for another woman.

And you believe what these guys dreamed up hook line and sinker...

But like I said, and is evident from your post.... what you want is a fight.

Thanks for proving me right!

Hi , and that lets us all know , you have no GRIP what so-ever on Pauline Dispensationalism and refuse to acknowledge that The Holy Spirit had Paul write about the Dispensation of Grace , like Eph 3:1-9 and are and called " ENEMIES of the CROSS of Christ , Phil 3;17 !!

Darby had nothing to do with Col 1;25-29 NOR will examine and wirite what these verse really mean , can you ?

You are mine !!:rotfl::rotfl:

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

That is true.

LA

HisServant

Hi , and that lets us all know , you have no GRIP what so-ever on Pauline Dispensationalism and refuse to acknowledge that The Holy Spirit had Paul write about the Dispensation of Grace , like Eph 3:1-9 and are and called " ENEMIES of the CROSS of Christ , Phil 3;17 !!

Darby had nothing to do with Col 1;25-29 NOR will examine and wirite what these verse really mean , can you ?

You are mine !!:rotfl::rotfl:

dan p

You continue to slice and dice scripture which is an affront to the Holy Spirit... he did not inspire them to be written in Chapters and Verses... the perverse minds of men did that.

If you want to take the entire books into context.. maybe we can talk. But if you continue to strain at gnats, I am not interested in debating someone whose basis for their arguments are tantamount to blasphemy.