Woman murdered by ex while waiting for gun permit

journey

I strongly believe in the right of Americans to keep and bear arms, but I also believe in limited - common sense gun control. As an example, felons and mental cases should not be allowed to purchase firearms.

This is a very sad case. The woman might be alive today if she had a weapon to defend herself with.

Nazaroo

Something very strange here:

The link story dated June 11 says he was charged with ...

But this story dated June 6 says he committed suicide already.

Suspect wanted in fatal Berlin Twp. stabbing found dead

http://6abc.com/news/suspect-wanted-in-fatal-berlin-twp-stabbing-found-dead/765807/
Saturday, June 06, 2015

45-year-old Michael Eitel was found dead around 1:30 p.m. Saturday in the garage of a home on the unit block of Holly Drive in West Berlin.

He took his own life.

766825_630x354.jpg

origin.png

Michael Anthony Eitel

Authorities say the home belongs to a different ex-girlfriend but she wasn't home at the time.

rexlunae

So gun control advocates, do you think her having a gun in this case, might have saved her life?

It's possible. Or it might have made no difference at all. On the other hand, he might have acquired a gun under a more permissive system, which would have made it easier for him to kill her.

Nazaroo

mmmmm ... note to self ... don't date felons convicted of assaulting their significant others. I've long held there should be a law against stupidity ... the idea never caught on. I wonder why?
Judging by the photos, he could have passed for a cop or fireman
with a shirt on,

but the shirt-off view seems to scream "ex motorcycle gang guy"
or maybe "White Supremacist Militia".

More tattoos could help clarify.

766825_630x354.jpg

I found this:

http://articles.philly.com/2015-06-07/news/63120334_1_berlin-twp-gun-pistol-clubs
Eitel, also a Berlin Township resident, worked as an exterminator. According to official records, he pleaded guilty to a weapons offense in 2008 after being indicted in 2006 on a charge of aggravated assault with bodily injury. In 2009, he was sentenced to a five-year term. It was not known how much time he served.

He started dating Bowne soon after her husband, Roy, a welder, died in a motorcycle accident.
Marino-Quinones, who works as a stylist at another Somerdale salon, praised Bowne's husband, calling him someone who "loved people for who they were."
Eitel, who was a friend of Bowne's husband, originally acted protectively toward Bowne, but his behavior soon turned paranoid, Marino-Quinones said. "He was the worst predator of her life," she said.

Marino-Quinones said she became concerned over Eitel's treatment of Bowne about a year and a half after the relationship began. She said he threw stones at Bowne's window and scratched her car with a key. But she said she did not expect his actions to escalate as they did.
"I didn't think he would go from sophomoric pranks to murder," she said.
To protect herself, Bowne had installed multiple alarm systems at her home.
... A fugitive task force headed by the U.S. Marshals Service is hunting for Eitel, and authorities offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to his arrest.
They said Eitel stands 6-foot-3, weighs 265 pounds,

From this I am gathering they were all motorcycle 'enthusiasts'.

It seems all the media has steered away from
identifying any 'clubs' they may have associated with.

Nazaroo

With this new information,
I'm having some reservations about handing out guns like candy
whenever somebody has a "restraining order",
or 'fast-tracking' the request.

There is an obvious scam possible here.

(1) Biker-felon with record of violence is ineligible for a gun permit.

(2) Girlfriend files 'restraining order' and gets a gun quickly.

(3) Boyfriend takes gun and says thanks for bypassing restrictions.

This looks really bad as way of keeping guns out of hands of crazys.

If she had gotten a gun, what was to stop buddy from simply taking it?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I'm talking about a scam:

She pretends she is being stalked, gets the gun, and gives it to him.

Hmmm....I would think that if one were going to break the law to get a handgun it would be advise-able to not wave a flag in front of the local police.
Trust me...illegal guns are not hard to find in N.J.

:plain:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Im not sure that would fit in her purse.

:sigh: That is a stickler isn't it....and also kind of a flaw in the pinpoint argument. Even if she did get a permit to purchase (which is what we are talking about here) in time she still would not have a permit to carry. The regulations regarding firearm storage in a N.J. vehicle make it pretty impossible to use the weapon for self defense in any realistic time-frame.
This being the case she might as well have had a shotgun because it's almost impossible for a "regular person" to get a carry permit so her pistol would have been in the house as well. :idunno:

The sad fact is that the only thing which would have enabled this woman to defend herself in this situation would have been to move to another state.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
:sigh: That is a stickler isn't it....and also kind of a flaw in the pinpoint argument. Even if she did get a permit to purchase (which is what we are talking about here) in time she still would not have a permit to carry. The regulations regarding firearm storage in a N.J. vehicle make it pretty impossible to use the weapon for self defense in any realistic time-frame.
This being the case she might as well have had a shotgun because it's almost impossible for a "regular person" to get a carry permit so her pistol would have been in the house as well. :idunno:

If you had a handgun and believed your life in danger, would you care if you had a permit to keep it on you?

The sad fact is that the only thing which would have enabled this woman to defend herself in this situation would have been to move to another state.

Not really, psychos don't give up even if you move. If they want to find you, they will find you.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
If you had a handgun and believed your life in danger, would you care if you had a permit to keep it on you?

That is the question isn't it? :)

Not really, psychos don't give up even if you move. If they want to find you, they will find you.

Yes, this is true, but in a different state...Florida, for example....She would have had her pistol and carry permit. :e4e:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Is anyone who thinks what happened to this woman was wrong going to be consistent and also say that the police who enforce these types of laws are criminals?

Um no, i didn't make this thread to discuss how much you hate police.

Its about gun control and the right to bear arms and how a woman might be alive if the constitution were followed.

Dont you have other threads on your disdain for the cops, if so take it there, thanks.