Only criminals use cash

Granite

Hall of Fame
Funny how the book of Revelation actually emphasized the seal of God written on the foreheads of his chosen and it's the mark of the Beast that captured the imagination of Christians.

fzappa13

Funny how the book of Revelation actually emphasized the seal of God written on the foreheads of his chosen and it's the mark of the Beast that captured the imagination of Christians.

Well, you have a point of sorts. Rev 14 describes a mark, number and name, anyone of which runs you afoul of God and all anyone wants to talk about is the mark. I guess there is something to be said for marketing.

The sealing you speak of is mentioned in Rev 7 and 9 and is an entirely different matter.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well, you have a point of sorts. Rev 14 describes a mark, number and name, anyone of which runs you afoul of God and all anyone wants to talk about is the mark. I guess there is something to be said for marketing.

The sealing you speak of is mentioned in Rev 7 and 9 and is an entirely different matter.

The two marks or seals serves as a direct contrast to one another--you see this a few times in Revelation. But Christians zeroed in on a mark meant for their enemies as opposed to the seal of God's chosen, which is kind of bizarre, if you think about it. And a lot of you don't think you'll even be around to see it, so...

fzappa13

The two marks or seals serves as a direct contrast--you see this a lot in Revelation. But Christians zeroed in on a mark meant for their enemies as opposed to the seal of God's chosen, which is kind of bizarre, if you think about it. And a lot of you don't think you'll even be around to see it, so...

Revelation is something of a distillation of so much of what is in the Bible so I think it only natural that the contrasts in the Bible become somewhat more stark there. As it concerns being around to see it I have long said that much of the events it speaks of represents man's Gethsemane so it not surprising to find many embracing a theology that let's them share in Christ's reward without the suffering. Christianity "light" as it were. I suspect they are in for a rather unpleasant surprise. But, this too was alluded to as well ... a love of the truth and all that.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Revelation is something of a distillation of so much of what is in the Bible so I think it only natural that the contrasts in the Bible become somewhat more stark there. As it concerns being around to see it I have long said that much of the events it speaks of represents man's Gethsemane so it not surprising to find many embracing a theology that let's them share in Christ's reward without the suffering. Christianity "light" as it were. I suspect they are in for a rather unpleasant surprise. But, this too was alluded to as well ... a love of the truth and all that.

Doesn't really explain the very weird obsession so many Christians have with identifying the Antichrist, or looking for the "real" mark of the Beast, and so on. End times is big business. Obsessing over the bad guys isn't what you'd normally expect from the side that's destined to win.

fzappa13

Doesn't really explain the very weird obsession so many Christians have with identifying the Antichrist, or looking for the "real" mark of the Beast, and so on. End times is big business. Obsessing over the bad guys isn't what you'd normally expect from the side that's destined to win.

As it concerns identifying the antichrist that one's over with. Windows 10 ... need I say more? As it concerns eschatology ... well, that's the punch line ... why wouldn't one who gave credence to it focus on it?

Granite

Hall of Fame
As it concerns identifying the antichrist that one's over with. Windows 10 ... need I say more? As it concerns eschatology ... well, that's the punch line ... why wouldn't one who gave credence to it focus on it?

If you're gonna get raptured out, why worry; and if not, well, it's a foregone, literally spelled-out-for-you conclusion, so again...why fret.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Picking was never an option. I don't really see what this has to do with anything, frankly. If you're gonna get all weird, well, enjoy the thread.

fzappa13

Picking was never an option. I don't really see what this has to do with anything, frankly. If you're gonna get all weird, well, enjoy the thread.

I didn't mean to spook you ... I'm just suggesting that embracing the word of God and what it says does not come without a price and is not as easy a decision as some would have you believe. But then I'm likely preaching to the choir on that point.

fzappa13

"Without the physical attribute of taking cash out of your wallet and paying for something, we're missing one of the senses that allow us that brake on some of the decisions that we make," says Jeff Schwartz, executive director of Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada.

"This disconnect is a concern because with the average Canadian over $20,000 in debt on the unsecured side, it's a challenge. So we're already having trouble paying what we owe. Do we really need to make it easier to part with our money?"

http://www.calgaryherald.com/busine...s+ease+need+carrying+cash/11612743/story.html

Maybe better said, "Create debt."