Freddie Gray – Records Indicate Spinal Injury Pre-existing

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Interesting, so you are saying we should live in a police state,

Quote? You know, one where I state "we should live in a police state".

where people should be harassed for legal actions and behaviors and searched whenever the authorities desire it, without having any reason to suspect a specific crime?

Which is exactly why he kept walking on his merry way ...

You sound exactly like a rape apologist:

You sound like a troll who is making things up unfounded accusations such as

"Maybe she shouldn't have been wearing such provocative clothing in that part of town. Had she avoided that area and covered herself up better she would've made it home safe without incident."

So in your slanted world view, cops = rapists. Got it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well :duh: ... that is because unlike white men, the black guys never break any laws.

After all, it's always about race. :plain:

In this case it almost certainly was. This city has a very serious race problem.

Tinark

Quote? You know, one where I state "we should live in a police state".

Your own posts justify such a state. You have not expressed any concern or problem with cops searching and arresting someone at will for engaging in legal behavior they find in some way suspicious and not indicative of any specific crime.

Which is exactly why he kept walking on his merry way ...

And also why she should've avoided that part of town, right?

So in your slanted world view, cops = rapists. Got it.

Cops who violate civil rights and engage in manslaughter are only slightly better than rapists. Regardless, I was pointing out your blame the victim stance. You've expressed condemnation and blame against a victim engaging in legal behaviors and have not said one word against the lawbreaking cops whose lawbreaking actions contributed to the death of the victim.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your own posts justify such a state. You have not expressed any concern or problem with cops searching and arresting someone at will for engaging in legal behavior they find in some way suspicious and not indicative of any specific crime.

No they don't ... and the discussion has only been about the evil actions of all policeman and the innocence of those arrested. Once again.

And also why she should've avoided that part of town, right?

What on earth are you babbling on about now? This thread is not about a "she".

Cops who violate civil rights and engage in manslaughter are only slightly better than rapists.

That just shows how little regard you have for rape victims ...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In this case it almost certainly was. This city has a very serious race problem.

Oh. So any time there is an arrest, you look at the location, quit reading and say "racism". Okay.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Oh. So any time there is an arrest, you look at the location, quit reading and say "racism". Okay.

If there's a history of income inequality, police brutality towards minorities, and the like, then yes, it's a pretty safe bet.

This discussion's brought out a willfully gullible side of you I've never seen before.

Tinark

No they don't ... and the discussion has only been about the evil actions of all policeman and the innocence of those arrested. Once again.

All policemen? What on earth are *you* babbling on about?

What on earth are you babbling on about now? This thread is not about a "she".

Once again, I'm pointing out your blame the victim stance. Only you seem to be unaware of it.

That just shows how little regard you have for rape victims ...

Bizarre logic - because I think lawbreakers whose lawbreaking actions contribute to the death of someone are only slightly better than rapists, I have little regard for rape victims?

Instead of engaging in ad homs, how about addressing the crux of my criticism against your stance:

You've expressed condemnation and blame against a victim engaging in legal behaviors and have not said one word against the lawbreaking cops whose lawbreaking actions contributed to the death of the victim.

If anyone has little regard for any victims, it's you: you blame a manslaughter victim for their own death and do not say ONE word against those whose lawbreaking actions contributed to the death.

Tinark

I will leave the babbling to the person who made this unfounded accusation:

I think I've established the equivalent nature of your blame the victim stance. The kinds of words you used are almost exactly the same, with only minor details changed.

We'll just have to let the others decide whether you are engaging in blame the victim tactics as I believe you are in denial about it.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If there's a history of income inequality, police brutality towards minorities, and the like, then yes, it's a pretty safe bet.

This discussion's brought out a willfully gullible side of you I've never seen before.

I admittedly tend to side more often on the side of law enforcement. However, my initial response was that more information is needed.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you still think he had a spinal cord injury?

Prior to the incident? Yes, I do. It still makes no sense to take off running unless one believes they are guilty of something.

Not to mention, there tends to be a few "all police are evil" types who will intentionally find fault with the police regardless of the circumstances.

(Granite, I am not speaking of you).

1PeaceMaker

Prior to the incident? Yes, I do. It still makes no sense to take off running unless one believes they are guilty of something.

Not to mention, there tends to be a few "all police are evil" types who will intentionally find fault with the police regardless of the circumstances.

(Granite, I am not speaking of you).

But you aimed it at me, didn't you?

What's your evidence of spinal injury?

kiwimacahau

Why would his running justify the amount of punishment he received? Sounds like someone's attempting to justify fascism to me.