ECT Pentecostal child preachers in Brazil

DAN P

Yes the NYT wrote it but, going by the quotes and anecdotes, do you notice something very basic that is missing?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/14/magazine/the-child-preachers-of-brazil.html?_r=0

Hi and as a youngter as saw 2 , a boy and a girl preached and I wish that I had a film of the thing , PITIFUL and all would agree if seen and there ages , around 8 years old !!

Just to become a Priest in Israel , all had to be 30 years old and had to retire at 50 years !!

It leaves out the RCC , does it not !!

dan p

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi and as a youngter as saw 2 , a boy and a girl preached and I wish that I had a film of the thing , PITIFUL and all would agree if seen and there ages , around 8 years old !!

Just to become a Priest in Israel , all had to be 30 years old and had to retire at 50 years !!

It leaves out the RCC , does it not !!

dan p
Israel's Old Testament priests did not completely retire, after age 50 they were to help the younger priests.

Numbers 8:23-26
23 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 24 "This is what pertains to the Levites: From twenty-five years old and above one may enter to perform service in the work of the tabernacle of meeting; 25 and at the age of fifty years they must cease performing this work, and shall work no more. 26 They may minister with their brethren in the tabernacle of meeting, to attend to needs, but they themselves shall do no work. Thus you shall do to the Levites regarding their duties."

DAN P

Israel's Old Testament priests did not completely retire, after age 50 they were to help the younger priests.

Numbers 8:23-26
23 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 24 "This is what pertains to the Levites: From twenty-five years old and above one may enter to perform service in the work of the tabernacle of meeting; 25 and at the age of fifty years they must cease performing this work, and shall work no more. 26 They may minister with their brethren in the tabernacle of meeting, to attend to needs, but they themselves shall do no work. Thus you shall do to the Levites regarding their duties."

Hi and that is what I get for going off the top of my head and from 25 years to 50 years as they killed many animals in 25 years !!

dan p

The Berean

The article didn't give much insight into the children themselves. Before I accept or dismiss these children as "preachers" I would want to speak to them and ask them about Scripture and their views on Jesus Christ. Most likely these children are simply regurgitating what their parents are telling them to say. And they seem to manipulating the desperation of poor Brazilians who have nothing to lose.

musterion

The article didn't give much insight into the children themselves. Before I accept or dismiss these children as "preachers" I would want to speak to them and ask them about Scripture and their views on Jesus Christ. Most likely these children are simply regurgitating what their parents are telling them to say. And they seem to manipulating the desperation of poor Brazilians who have nothing to lose.

Agreed 100%.