MOVIE TITLES THAT RELATE TO THE URANTIA BOOK?

Lon

See my previous post. I clarify and correct misrepresentations. Caino will agree with me for the most part. He just shared that movie with that title, to play along the game here. In any case, anyone wanting to know what the UB teaches, will have to discover that for themselves by reading, the only way to really know.

pj
He actually gave a post that directly tied the UB and aliens together! :noway:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
engage this............

engage this............

paul, i did engage you, likely more than most here. in the past i read edgar cayce's books. i will not "waste" time reading further fiction.

Bravo. However, what you've done is just trade 'labels' of fiction, assuming your religious books and stories are actually true. You take that wholly by faith. We've had a thread on Edgar Cayce here, I'll check to see if its still extant. I'd challenge you to find any moral and ethical teachings brought thru by Cayce that contradicts what Jesus taught in his own moral/ethical teaching. You wont be able to find a difference or contradiction. Now what in those teachings of Cayce are 'fiction'? and what proof do you have that your Bible has no fiction and mythology in it...or that it contains the totality and finality of truth?? - all u have to fall back on is 'faith'. You just traded your faith in 'this' over 'that',.....that's it. - its all about 'arrangement'.

no matter what you say or how you spin it, eventually YOUR path goes in the OPPOSITE Direction of Christ Jesus.

Misconception.

He won't like that.

Your opininon based on your concept of Jesus.

this means NOTHING to YOU because you consider yourself as CONNECTED to STARS, space, planets and celestial visitors.

I just AM. The one reality I am cognizant of is my own existence. There is awareness. This is the fundamental underlying truth, within which all thoughts arise as reflection points in a sea of consciousness. Reality is all there is....of all there is. This is it. This is all. All-encompassing.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

Already addressed. If you have the intellectual honesty also to read all my posts and research the links, you'll see the obvious fact that the UB has nothing to do with UFO's or little green men. If you cant honestly look at the data, you cant be helped. If you want to be in the same group as GM, that's a dismal place to be.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Send in the clowns...........

Send in the clowns...........

1) Plan 9 from Planet Urantia!
2) Attack of the Giant Urantians!
3) The Urantian From 20 Thousand Leagues!
4) The Day the Urantian Stood Still!
5) Earth Versus the Urantian UFOs!
6) The Urantian versus Godzilla!
7) The Incredible Shrinking Urantian!
8) Frankenstein Meets the Urantian Terror From Jupiter!

Give it a shot? Any "Urantia Book" movie titles you can think up?

Sadly, none of these titles RELATE to the UB. Making movie titles up is your own clowny attempt to disparage it. The satire is getting old, with the 'ignorance' on full tilt. You need a clown suit that would make Bozo envious, to do your antics justice :crackup:

Trouble is, you cant let go of your own circus act.

pj

Lon

Already addressed. If you have the intellectual honesty also to read all my posts and research the links, you'll see the obvious fact that the UB has nothing to do with UFO's or little green men. If you cant honestly look at the data, you cant be helped. If you want to be in the same group as GM, that's a dismal place to be.

pj
When you have the "Disclosure Project" in your sig right there next to the U-b, you have to have them connected, especially when some of the U-b talks about seeding the planet and such (Chariots of the gods???). The connection is closer than I think you are liking to admit.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Well, unlike the overly pious among us, any movie about the UB will have to have some humor:

"Jesus greatly regretted that his people — the Jews — were so lacking in humor. He once said to Thomas: “My people take themselves too seriously; they are just about devoid of an appreciation of humor. The burdensome religion of the Pharisees could never have had origin among a people with a sense of humor. They also lack consistency; they strain at gnats and swallow camels.” UB 1955

Lon

Well, unlike the overly pious among us, any movie about the UB will have to have some humor:
"Jesus greatly regretted that his people — the Jews — were so lacking in humor. He once said to Thomas: “My people take themselves too seriously; they are just about devoid of an appreciation of humor. The burdensome religion of the Pharisees could never have had origin among a people with a sense of humor. They also lack consistency; they strain at gnats and swallow camels.” UB 1955
Yeah......He never said that.

Every other guy on TOL trying to channel or be Jesus has been 50 point banned, but a guy from 1910 laying in bed channeling "Jesus, The Early Years," gets your giddy stamp of approval like Barney Fife at a Séance calling on Count Istvan Teleky for three wishes. I never seen that lamp either but I know the difference between Don Knotts and a work of fiction.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Sadly, none of these titles RELATE to the UB. Making movie titles up is your own clowny attempt to disparage it. The satire is getting old, with the 'ignorance' on full tilt. You need a clown suit that would make Bozo envious, to do your antics justice :crackup:

Trouble is, you cant let go of your own circus act.

pj

Creature from the Black Urantia!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Yeah......He never said that.

Every other guy on TOL trying to channel or be Jesus has been 50 point banned, but a guy from 1910 laying in bed channeling "Jesus, The Early Years," gets your giddy stamp of approval like Barney Fife at a Séance calling on Count Istvan Teleky for three wishes. I never seen that lamp either but I know the difference between Don Knotts and a work of fiction.

I think deep, DEEP down in peoples hearts here they hear truth being spoken by the UB but they can't bring themselves to acknowledge it. That happened with most people Jesus preached to. Living spiritual truth makes the dogmatic/religious angry.

Lon

I think deep, DEEP down in peoples hearts here they hear truth being spoken by the UB but they can't bring themselves to acknowledge it. That happened with most people Jesus preached to. Living spiritual truth makes the dogmatic/religious angry.
:nono: As I said, I've shown that whoever the writers are, they fabricated a LOT of falsehoods both historically and AGAINST scripture. It goes beyond a disagreement of dueling 'burning in the bosoms,' or I'd have to pick Mormonism or Urantia, or Ba'Hai which all have that 'feels spiritually right' appeal. I think this more akin to a Jew/Samaritan consideration. It might certainly 'shock me' as it did the disciples to see Jesus sitting with a Urantian woman at the well BUT, the story here is not about the shock. It is about the correction. The story of the Samaritan Woman was that 'she' needed correction for the time was coming, not only that they worship in spirit as she'd done, but in Truth.
John 4:22You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews.
He was correcting her, (and you) in no uncertain terms. You are the wayward Samaritan worshipping in 'spirit' you describe as the burning in your bosom "Deep deep in your hearts"(emotionalism, 'sensation'al appeal). It is time to and has now come, when you must worship not only in Spirit, but in Truth.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Try again

Try again

When you have the "Disclosure Project" in your sig right there next to the U-b,

I've got my signature links ordered in no special or related way, so there is no correlation to the links. My 'Disclosure Project' thread is NOT right next to the UB one and is distinctly above it. I can only group all my links in one location. No direct relationships with the links are implied.

you have to have them connected, especially when some of the U-b talks about seeding the planet and such (Chariots of the gods???).

If you want to learn about the Disclosure Project which includes a broad spectrum of research and subjects, you can do the research, spearheaded by Dr. Steven Greer. That covers mostly UFO and ET related involvements with the government and eye witness testimonies, as well as technology and energy production issues.

The UB speaks of Life-carriers involved in starting life on other planets, beginning their biological life-cycles as these evolve into more complex forms and eventually become hospitable to human life, continuing the ascension-program of advancing souls. One can entertain other 'panspermia' theories if they like.

The connection is closer than I think you are liking to admit.

That's one of the problems, in how you're 'connecting' these, and if these 'connections' are valid or pertinent in the greater context of things. As I've said, the buffoons claiming the UB is just a 'UFO Cult' are just wrong. If they want to remain ignorant, that is their choice.
Ufology and ET contacts from the early 1900's to present are of a different kind of 'inter-action' and set of implications.

pj

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Folks just get sick of this nutty nonsense clogging up the board. You don't want these detractors, you need to find someplace else to have this discussion.
Dear Urantia people. Wouldn't you be happier on a forum that was more receptive to your beliefs??

Seriously.... I think you guys are pure nuts.

I'm sure you are all really nice folks in person but this stuff just doesn't seem to fit here on TOL. I can't continue to protect you from other members that want to mock your because frankly I agree with them.

Maybe the time has come for you to move on. :dunno:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Exuse me?

Exuse me?

Folks just get sick of this nutty nonsense clogging up the board. You don't want these detractors, you need to find someplace else to have this discussion.

You might want to take a look at who started this thread? Hes been reported in the woodshed many times. Did you see that? He's made 2 mock-threads about the UB. He's misrepresenting a lot and will be corrected on it. Perhaps you want to address the one doing most of the TROLLING on this subject. Would that be logical? rational?

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:nono: As I said, I've shown that whoever the writers are, they fabricated a LOT of falsehoods both historically and AGAINST scripture. It goes beyond a disagreement of dueling 'burning in the bosoms,' or I'd have to pick Mormonism or Urantia, or Ba'Hai which all have that 'feels spiritually right' appeal. I think this more akin to a Jew/Samaritan consideration. It might certainly 'shock me' as it did the disciples to see Jesus sitting with a Urantian woman at the well BUT, the story here is not about the shock. It is about the correction. The story of the Samaritan Woman was that 'she' needed correction for the time was coming, not only that they worship in spirit as she'd done, but in Truth.
John 4:22You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews.
He was correcting her, (and you) in no uncertain terms. You are the wayward Samaritan worshipping in 'spirit' you describe as the burning in your bosom "Deep deep in your hearts"(emotionalism, 'sensation'al appeal). It is time to and has now come, when you must worship not only in Spirit, but in Truth.

No Lon, somehow you convinced yourself that the celestials fabricated falsehoods.

However I do understand your belief that the current list of scripture books used to create the Bible is Gods inerrant Word which does in fact conflict with facts portrayed in the UB. So that is a fair thing to say.

For me and other UB readers it's not emotional appeal, Jesus rejected that in the UB, it's the consistency of the philosophical and spiritual truth compared to the necessity for a mountain of apologetics when considering the Bible story.

Judaism also has solid, scripture based reasons why Jesus isn't the Jewish Messiah.

Lon

No Lon, somehow you convinced yourself that the celestials fabricated falsehoods.

However I do understand your belief that the current list of scripture books used to create the Bible is Gods inerrant Word which does in fact conflict with facts portrayed in the UB. So that is a fair thing to say.

For me and other UB readers it's not emotional appeal, Jesus rejected that in the UB, it's the consistency of the philosophical and spiritual truth compared to the necessity for a mountain of apologetics when considering the Bible story.

Judaism also has solid, scripture based reasons why Jesus isn't the Jewish Messiah.
I read enough of the UB to know that its emotional tripe with a LOT of mistakes, historical and spiritual. If you are smoking dope and that didn't jive with the NT, you are right BUT it is your 'desire' that is driving your spiritual book choice rather than one demanding that you change in order to fit its prescription. IOW, you love something other/more than Him and chose something that placates your affections? I've no idea about you, but this is why a lot of musicians went to the Urantia Papers, so they didn't have to change their lifestyles. They were looking for a religion to fit them, rather than fitting into a religion and having to face those demands.

You might want to look in a mirror and ask yourself why you rejected the one for the other.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I read enough of the UB to know that its emotional tripe with a LOT of mistakes, historical and spiritual. If you are smoking dope and that didn't jive with the NT, you are right BUT it is your 'desire' that is driving your spiritual book choice rather than one demanding that you change in order to fit its prescription. IOW, you love something other/more than Him and chose something that placates your affections? I've no idea about you, but this is why a lot of musicians went to the Urantia Papers, so they didn't have to change their lifestyles. They were looking for a religion to fit them, rather than fitting into a religion and having to face those demands.

You might want to look in a mirror and ask yourself why you rejected the one for the other.

Those are low accusations, but not surprising, that's all you have. I've been recovering from alcoholism and drug addiction for 30 years come April 28th. The accusation that people turn to the Urantia Papers because it's somehow an easier softer more lax way is a statment of pure ignorance Lon. That exposes the fact that you clearly haven't read anything of note in the UB.

If anything the inconsustant moral example of the God, created larlgy in mans own image, in the Hebrews preistly writings, has turned a great many people off. You won't find God in the UB accused of any of the atrocities of the Bible, stories written in hind site during the Babylonion captivity by a culture attempting to justify its own crimes against humanity and explain how it was that they were once again under bondage when the priestly elite had been perpetuating a national egotism. That attitude still prevails today among the people who rejected the original gospel.

(1569.1) 140:1.4 “But for you, my children, and for all others who would follow you into this kingdom, there is set a severe test. Faith alone will pass you through its portals, but you must bring forth the fruits of my Father’s spirit if you would continue to ascend in the progressive life of the divine fellowship. Verily, verily, I say to you, not every one who says, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven; but rather he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.