ECT MARTIN LUTHER ON OBEDIENCE TO THE CHURCH

Cross Reference

did you ever hear of testing the spirits?

is the word test in your bible?

Why the need to test the spirits if your pursuing God to know Him?? Will He allow His pursuing ones to be deceived? Is not the Bible the instruction for the how of it all? So again, is your love TO God suffcient for you to immediately have His mind in the matter? What should be our motivation for seeking it if not tp please Him? In this, will He give a stone when asking Him for bread? __ and if the results are not to our expectations, have we really failed?

everready

Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Roman and Universal Inquisition

You forgot to mention why Luther was added to the list of notorious heretics.

Martin Luther
(1483-1546) (Lutheran)

"We here are of the conviction that the papacy is the seat of the true and real Antichrist...personally I declare that I owe the Pope no other obedience than that to Antichrist." (Aug. 18, 1520) Taken from "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers," Vol. 2, pg. 121 by Froom.

When the papacy resumes full control over the world the Inquisitions will continue at all ahead full, the holy office "Office of the Inquisition" has never closed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congregation_for_the_Doctrine_of_the_Faith

everready

Cross Reference

Martin Luther
(1483-1546) (Lutheran)

"We here are of the conviction that the papacy is the seat of the true and real Antichrist...personally I declare that I owe the Pope no other obedience than that to Antichrist." (Aug. 18, 1520) Taken from "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers," Vol. 2, pg. 121 by Froom.

When the papacy resumes full control over the world the Inquisitions will continue at all ahead full, the holy office "Office of the Inquisition" has never closed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congregation_for_the_Doctrine_of_the_Faith

everready

iInteresting how that might all fit with the ongoing Islamic issue.

Cross Reference

Your one of the few to see this, same methods same techniques from the god of this world.

everready

Indeed, some type of "religious" peace will be made between Islam and Christianity. It will not stop the ongoing persecusion, perhaps lessen it for 3 1/2 years, at which time all hell will come against the "confessing" Christian. He will be sought out and beheaded. That is what I believe, based upon my understanding the scriptures that speak of it happening in that way.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
1517391_976316392388239_6103340042402427438_n.jpg

It was the RCC who made the quarrel with Luther an attack on Papal infallibility.

So you are defending the Pope's infallible ruling that God's pardon can be bought for cash.

Cruciform

Originally Posted by Cross Reference >
Why not study Luther to understand why he left the RCC and then weigh the truth of it all?
I've been studying that issue for decades now (among many others), and have indeed "weighed the truth of it all." It's part of why I entered into full communion with the Catholic Church in 2001.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

For me the Usual
  • Worship and Prayer through Mary and the saints
  • The infallibility of the pope
  • The decision to Place the Traditions of the RCC over the clear and plain interpretation of scripture.
  • The belief a particular priesthood over the priesthood of all believers
  • Infant Baptism
  • salvation by grace through faith for works as regards faith and works
All of these have been explained, addressed, and answered by Catholics on this forum a great many times. How, then, does this fit with Luther's initial statement in the OP?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

He was added to the list of notorious heretics for the simple reason that he publicly and unrepentantly taught several formal doctrinal heresies.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

It was the RCC who made the quarrel with Luther an attack on Papal infallibility.
Luther himself entered into conflict with Christ's one historic Catholic Church when he presumed to "reform" not merely illegitimate practices such as the abuse of indulgences (for which many Catholics of the day were seeking reform), but rather the formal doctrines of the Christian faith. To attempt the latter, of course, Luther possessed no ecclesial or doctrinal authority whatsoever.

So you are defending the Pope's infallible ruling that God's pardon can be bought for cash.
Not at all, since the "sale" of indulgences was never a formal teaching of the Catholic Church, but was rather a temporary abuse popular during the Late Renaissance Period which was ultimately corrected by the Church itself. Your comment here, therefore, is simply incorrect.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Last edited:

desiringGod7

we know why
they were selling indulgences
and
you should buy a couple
if
they ever do it again

they would be honored in heaven

just like it says in your bible

Lol they would most certainly not..

Of all the far-fetched twistings of scriprure..

You guys jump through so many hoops (almost completely in the O.T.) to support your selling of salvation, it is absolutely ridiculous.

The selling if indulgences is absolutely NOT clearly taught in the Bible. Catholic documents on this show a sloppy piecing together of different scriptures, taken out of context, supposedly supporting their claim, but it's clearly foolishness.

I promise, no man will EVER come to that conclusion on his own by reading through his Bible, even thoroughly and repeatedly. But he WOULD agree with Luther (post RCC)..

Cross Reference

Lol they would most certainly not..

Of all the far-fetched twistings of scriprure..

You guys jump through so many hoops (almost completely in the O.T.) to support your selling of salvation, it is absolutely ridiculous.

The selling if indulgences is absolutely NOT clearly taught in the Bible. Catholic documents on this show a sloppy piecing together of different scriptures, taken out of context, supposedly supporting their claim, but it's clearly foolishness.

I promise, no man will EVER come to that conclusion on his own by reading through his Bible, even thoroughly and repeatedly. But he WOULD agree with Luther (post RCC)..

Hi desiringGod! Welcome!

Are you sure he is serious about that?? You are new here. You should find out before jumping to conclusions, __ if you want credibility.

desiringGod7

Are you sure he is serious about that?? You are new here. You should find out before jumping to conclusions if you want credibility.
He certainly seemed like it. At the very least, he is Catholic, and I know how they usually treat a discussion of indulgences.

He has jumped to conclusions in questioning me before, too. No matter, I think he could take it, and clear it up himself.

musterion

Hi desiringGod! Welcome!

Are you sure he is serious about that?? You are new here. You should find out before jumping to conclusions, __ if you want credibility.

Do not speak of credibility. You have proved yourself thoroughly dishonest and so have less than anyone on TOL, except possible B57.