Demoncrats trying to get another "Assault weapon" ban passed

Greg Jennings

Was the Sandy Hook shooter? How about the Aurora Colorado movie theater? Their names are unworthy of recognition. They were not effective according to you.

How were they not effective? They used automatics to kill easily because you can just spray in a general area and hit several people in a crowd. You don't have to be skilled to hit someone with an automatic weapon. You have to be skilled to be accurate and reliable with it

badp

How were they not effective? They used automatics to kill easily because you can just spray in a general area and hit several people in a crowd. You don't have to be skilled to hit someone with an automatic weapon. You have to be skilled to be accurate and reliable with it

They didn't use automatics.

Greg Jennings

Nick didn't say that.
Well seeing as he quoted me when I said that only trained professionals should use automatic firearms, then used that quote to talk about the sandy hook and aurora shootings, I think he kind of did.

You shouldn't pontificate on matters you're only 'pretty sure' of or 'don't know.'
Then why do you poke your head into conversations about science? You aren't even "pretty sure" about any of that stuff, yet you don't seem to mind pontificating on it

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
To kill people? Sorry, that's not a good enough reason.

And what do you mean by tactical training? I'm pretty damn familiar with firearms of all kinds. Been hunting and just generally screwing around with them out in the woods for a couple decades. That includes your precious AR-15. It's a blast, but it's in no way necessary.

Also I should restate what I said previously: I meant that automatic assault weapons should never be needed by regular civilians. Semi-automatics are ok

AR-15 is a semi auto, and in close quarters, including at home it is a great weapon for self defense, easy to handle & plenty of punch. I wasn't eluding you were not gun savvy but, I hate the term assault rifle because here in California that term has been skewed to disallow law abiding citizens access to the same weapons that criminals use against us illegally. I am for access to weapons for sport & defense and against any more laws that make me a criminal for having them.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Self defense and hunting I presume, as that would be the concerns of the day.

Why presume when the answer is in the text?

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed

Militia =citizen army. Not the national guard or active. Congress regulates and the President is the commander. Those are not a militia.

being necessary to the security of a free state

A citizen army and the right to bear arms are necessary for the security of a free state. The left hates freedom and liberty.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How were they not effective?

That is called sarcasm. I was mocking you. The AR-15 is most effective when not fired automatic. Those liberal mass murderers that you work with to try and convince people to repeal the second amendment are not trained professionals and they murdered dozens. You said only the trained should be able to use such a weapon. I showed you how wrong you are.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Self defense and hunting I presume, as that would be the concerns of the day.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed

Militia =citizen army. Not the national guard or active. Congress regulates and the President is the commander. Those are not a militia.

A citizen army and the right to bear arms are necessary for the security of a free state. The left hates freedom and liberty.

Greg Jennings

AR-15 is a semi auto, and in close quarters, including at home it is a great weapon for self defense, easy to handle & plenty of punch. I wasn't eluding you were not gun savvy but, I hate the term assault rifle because here in California that term has been skewed to disallow law abiding citizens access to the same weapons that criminals use against us illegally. I am for access to weapons for sport & defense and against any more laws that make me a criminal for having them.

It is semi-automatic, yes, but it can be easily converted to be automatic. I had a couple friends who did that.

Is there a limit to what weapons a normal citizen should be able to own, in your opinion? For example, is an RPG okay to buy and sell? What about a mortar?

Greg Jennings

Lol yes I'm well aware of the wording. I categorize that under self-defense

Greg Jennings

That is called sarcasm. I was mocking you. The AR-15 is most effective when not fired automatic. Those liberal mass murderers that you work with to try and convince people to repeal the second amendment are not trained professionals and they murdered dozens. You said only the trained should be able to use such a weapon. I showed you how wrong you are.

What? It's deadly as an automatic whether it's in trained hands or not, and it's deadly to innocent people in untrained hands. You certainly did nothing to disprove that