Gay Rights or Freedom of Religion and Speech?

CherubRam

Which is more important?

Should the people be made to give up their religious beliefs, and freedom of speech, for Homosexuals?

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,...

Indiana governor: New law 'not about discrimination'
http://news.yahoo.com/pence-effort-clarify-religious-objections-law-underway-050406066.html

CherubRam

In American Christian congregations, it is reported that Gay's are going from congregation to congregation, in search of bringing law suits to obtain the properties of the Christian congregations; that is so they can use the new laws to destroy Christianity. This is done with the help of Judges and Lawyers who advocate for homosexuality.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Gay people have the right to live in a secular society free from your religions persecution. When a Christian opens business in the secular world then a persons religion or sexual orientation should not be a consideration.

CherubRam

Gay people have the right to live in a secular society free from your religions persecution. When a Christian opens business in the secular world then a persons religion or sexual orientation should not be a consideration.

So then, you think that peoples religious beliefs should by set aside for the worldly?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Freedom of speech and freedom of religion (as well as the right to reject religion) should always be considered the priority.

The only time that wouldn't be the case is when they are being used to harm another person. Rejecting a total stranger (as in customer) does not constitute harm, btw.

CherubRam

The fact that this commandment has been set aside for Gays is proof of our toleration. And now Gays are dictating what our religious beliefs should be, and also to accept them and their beliefs.

Leviticus 20:13. KJV
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Lon

Kansas also has a similar religious concern in the news. Of course ACLU is up in arms. Kansas has also passed another anti-abortion bill. We might all have to move to Kansas!

Homosexual Seattle Mayor Ed Murray banned any paid government officials from going to Indiana for government business.

Oddly, the ACLU doesn't seem to care about that :plain:

Jordan Fontenot

Recently our mayor issued a subpoena which required all churches in the city to submit transcripts of their sermons and copies of publications in order to criminalize those who were "bashing" homosexuality.

So apparently the solution to ending a bashing of homosexuality is by a bashing of Christianity. Don't quite follow that logic.

Personally I believe that gay rights should be protected under freedom of speech and religion just as much as Christianity should be protected under it. Gays have a lifestyle that I don't agree with, but I have one that they don't agree with. To me that doesn't make us enemies, that makes us equals.

john w

Hall of Fame
The sodomite question is not about "rights;" it's about acceptance. That is the agenda, as this "rights" jazz is the proverbial "smoke screen."

I'm off to marry my parakeet. It's my right, and I demand that this society accept it.

Lon

The sodomite question is not about "rights;" it's about acceptance. That is the agenda, as this "rights" jazz is the proverbial "smoke screen."

I'm off to marry my parakeet. It's my right, and I demand that this society accept it.
:doh: PETA is coming to Texas, Brother.

Lon

Well, Lon, I used "Sponge Bob" to wash my car this past weekend. Reckon I'm afixinta be in trouble?
Real Sponge or synthetic? Either way, that's EPA. I don't believe they and PETA communicate so you should be safe. Well, unless you live in Mayberry, that's the same department in the mayor's office.

shagster01

Which is more important?

Should the people be made to give up their religious beliefs, and freedom of speech, for Homosexuals?

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,...

http://news.yahoo.com/pence-effort-clarify-religious-objections-law-underway-050406066.html

What free speech or religious beliefs would they be losing?

CherubRam

What free speech or religious beliefs would they be losing?

For a starter, marriage between a man and woman only, secondly, not be able to preach or speak against homosexuality, thirdly, to be accepted into the congregations. There are those who also want Gay priest. I'm sure there are more things that can be added to the list.

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned

I Love My Dogs. I Love My Friends. I Can Marry One Because This Is A Free Country. One Obvious Problem Politically And Socially Is FRAUD. I Can Marry A Guy ? Easy, I Can Fake My Love And Get The Benefits Of "Marriage", And I Have Yet To Mention What The Bible Says. Wrong No Matter How You Slice It.

shagster01

For a starter, marriage between a man and woman only

So they lose their religious right to control other people's love life? Oh no.

secondly, not be able to preach or speak against homosexuality,

I have two thoughts here

1. Says who? They can say whatever they want.

2. Why do Christians spend their time preaching against things they hate, rather than for things they support?

thirdly, to be accepted into the congregations.

Christians will lose their right to be accepted into congregations?

There are those who also want Gay priest. I'm sure there are more things that can be added to the list.

There are plenty of gay priests already.

Last edited:

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned

Which is more important?

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
or abridging the freedom of speech,...

I Trust That Is Correct About Amendment 1. if So, It Is In Print. I Interpret That As ANY CHURCH Can Choose NOT To Accept Homosexuals In The Church, The BOC.

Lon

I Love My Dogs. I Love My Friends. I Can Marry One Because This Is A Free Country. One Obvious Problem Politically And Socially Is FRAUD. I Can Marry A Guy ? Easy, I Can Fake My Love And Get The Benefits Of "Marriage", And I Have Yet To Mention What The Bible Says. Wrong No Matter How You Slice It.
What if his parakeet can say "I do?" :think:

rexlunae

Which is more important?

I reject the dichotomy. I don't believe they are in conflict, and moreover, I don't think they really can conflict. The rights that being LGBT entails are just human rights, which include free speech and free religion as well as civil rights. The insistence that some people have on trying to reject the rights of LGBT people on religious grounds is an attempt to rationalize an injustice by using ones own rights as a weapon illegitimately.