Time for IMJersusha to eat her hat

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The ONLY covenant that the BIBLE refers to as the OLD one is the covenant that God made with Israel.

Which was a more detailed republication of the Covenant of Works God made with Adam in the garden.

The moral Law of God in principle, always says:

Believe and obey ME and live; fail to believe and obey Me, and die.

All men die in their unbelief and sins.

Life can only be found by faith in the righteousness of Jesus Christ, for He alone kept the moral Law of God perfectly.

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh really? Can you quote where I ever said any such thing?

My faith is founded on the sinless righteousness of Jesus Christ, who indeed kept ALL the Law, on my behalf. I have never claimed anything contrary to this.

You continue to pervert the gospel of Christ, with your "vicarious law keeping" made up "doctrine." No scripture states that the Lord Jesus Christ kept the law, "on my(your/our)behalf," and thus this law keeping is "credited" to us, as you claim. And His "sinless righteousness"(and your "qualifier"/adverb "sinless" is superfluous) is in no way dependent on Him having kept the law.

Wolfie.

john w

Hall of Fame
You are simply in denial that all persons are responsible and accountable before God, to keep the Old Covenant of Works (Law).

It was NECESSARY the Old Covenant be fulfilled and kept perfectly, in order that men be rescued and freed from its condemnation and its sentence of death. It was NECESSARY the Son come in flesh, born of woman under the Law, and perform all righteousness for His people held in bondage to sin, death, and the devil. (Hebrews 2:10-18)

Only the one Mediator between God and men, achieved this feat . . . not for Himself, but on behalf of His church who were at first, all consigned to death and hell, under the Law.

If you would only read and study the book of Hebrews; particularly Chapters 7 through 10, you would see I do not lie regarding this Gospel message.

". . He (Jesus Christ) said, 'Behold, I have come to do your will, O God.' He takes away the first that He may establish the second. By that will, we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ, once and for all . . .

. . This Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, from that time waiting till His enemies be made His footstool. For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before, 'This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days,' says the Lord: 'I will put My Laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them.' Then He adds, 'Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.'" Hebrews 10:9-17

"My faith is founded on the sinless righteousness of Jesus Christ, who indeed kept ALL the Law, on my behalf. I have never claimed anything contrary to this."-wolfie Nag

Isaiah 28:10-13 KJV

For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:....But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Once again, as you learn, through repetiton, and to protect the sheep/babes, from the slaughter, and appetite of the wolves, wolf-ette's, such as Nag, who pervert the gospel of Christ:

“Anyone who believes and trusts in the righteous works of Jesus Christ, rather than in their own works to find forgiveness from God, is elect….The elect are predestined to share in the glory of Christ, because He deserves to receive all the divine promises of the Kingdom.Jesus Christ merited our part in His kingdom, by assuming flesh and coming into the world as our Mediator. He fulfilled all righteousness on our behalf, and substitutionally suffered our deserved sentence of death in our stead. Even the elect were by nature, the same as the children of wrath, prior to being regenerated and gifted with grace to believe. Ephesians 2:3-10”-Nag

"He fulfilled all righteousness on our behalf.....My faith is founded on the sinless righteousness of Jesus Christ, who indeed kept ALL the Law, on my behalf"-Nag

This is perverting the gospel of Christ, as that is "vicarious lawkeeping," and no scripture says that.

The members of the boc's righteousness starts with the death of the Lord Jesus Christ, as the risen, ascended, glorified, and seated Lord Jesus Christ is the individual member's righteousness, as we are "in Christ," united with Him, as He has become our righteousness(1 Cor. 1:30 KJV), not the Lord Jesus Christ fulfilling the law in our place, i.e., "vicarious law keeping." The member of the boc has NADA to with the law-there is no connection.

"Anyone who believes and trusts in the righteous works of Jesus Christ, rather than in their own works to find forgiveness from God, is elect."-Nag

Repeating, as you learn, through repetition:

The members of the boc's righteousness starts with the death of the Lord Jesus Christ, as the risen, ascended, glorified, and seated Lord Jesus Christ is the individual member's righteousness, as we are "in Christ," united with Him, as He has become our righteousness(1 Cor. 1:30 KJV), not the Lord Jesus Christ fulfilling the law in our place, i.e., "vicarious law keeping." The member of the boc has NADA to with the law-there is no connection.

"ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ;" Rom. 7:4 KJV

Romans 7:1-7 KJV....

"1Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? "

The law has power, jurisdiction, over a man/woman, only as long as they are alive.

Light bulb?

"For ye are dead,.." Col. 3:3 KJV

A dead man is not subject to any civil, or "religious"(used generically here) law. Thus, the member of the boc, who is reckoned dead, is not subject to the law, because he/she is considered dead, risen, seated with the Lord Jesus Christ. The law has lost its authority, to bring either condemnation, or righteousness,through the "vicarious obedience/law keeping" of the Lord Jesus Christ. And therefore, Paul asserts Romans 10:4 KJV.

Had the Lord Jesus Christ only kept the law, we would all be "Krispy Kritters." Anyone who kept the law, it would have been the righteousness of the law, not the righteousness of God(memorize that), which has NADA to do with obeying the law.

His Holy character was essential to His nature, as well as proving that He was qualified to become our "lamb ...without blemish"(Ex. 12:15 KJV), attested to by Peter(1 Peter 1:19 KJV). But for what purpose? For sacrifice. But His holiness was not vicarious, or "credited" to us in some way. The good news is not that He lived our obedience for us, but that "Christ...died for our sins...was buried...he rose again the third day...was raised again for our justification."(1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, Rom. 4:25 KJV).

"Anyone who believes and trusts in the righteous works of Jesus Christ, rather than in their own works to find forgiveness from God, is elect"-Nag

No, He is our righteousness.

“Jesus Christ revealed His sinlessness in an assumed body of flesh, under the Law.He accomplished legal righteousness for us, because no sinner can keep the holy laws of God. Only the Son of God, come as the Son of Man, could achieve such righteousness. He did for us, what we never could have done for ourselves.The Law is not bad. The Law is holy and righteous.The only thing bad about the Law, is we can't keep it. But Jesus Christ did and His faithfulness, including His suffering the wrath of God and dying our sentence of death in our stead, allowed His righteousness to be imputed to us. His resurrection is our guarantee of everlasting life, for now we live in Him, and are no longer under obligation to the Law for self-righteousness.You really would benefit from some study of Christ's Office of Mediator.”-Nag

No....

"He accomplished legal righteousness for us, because no sinner can keep the holy laws of God.."-Nag

...is "vicarious law keeping," and perverts the gospel of Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
Which was a more detailed republication of the Covenant of Works God made with Adam in the garden.
Just ONE more made-up piece of nonsense to put on your pile.

YOU say "republication", the Bible does NOT.

Why don't you quit making stuff up and believe what is ACTUALLY in the Bible?

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Just ONE more made-up piece of nonsense to put on your pile.

YOU say "republication", the Bible does NOT.

Why don't you quit making stuff up and believe that is ACTUALLY in the Bible?

She just makes up "doctrine," on the fly, RD, and attaches made up phrases, to her alleged "interpretation" of what the book says, such as "Covenant of Works....Covenant of Redemption...Covenant of Grace....Gospel of the New Covenant............",............... and on, and on.

She must have "studied" her "Covenantology"(she taught me that)under that other well known TOL "theologian," flunkie, GraceandPeace/NewDay/.LoveBug.

SaulToPaul 2

I agree, Mayor. You're not talking to a jerk, you know! I think it's a clear case of "intimidation," sorta like when I received a letter from that "miracle salve" company.

I keep hoping that you will leave the Old Covenant of Works and embrace the New Covenant of Slow Down What, Indeed, is Your Hurry.

john w

Hall of Fame
I keep hoping that you will leave the Old Covenant of Works and embrace the New Covenant of Slow Down What, Indeed, is Your Hurry.

Pure "dry as dust" Hobart Tuckerism, from the mayor. Now I know why I sometimes doze off at "church."

john w

Hall of Fame
They need to sing more of good ole 1A,

"Welcome sweet spring time, we greet thee in sooooooong....."

At least I go to "the" church here, like everyone else...

200px-0,688,38,382-Sermon4.png

Vs. you, and those other MAD wacko, "cherry pickin'" dispies don't even attend "the" church, or call meeting here, with other "like minded" members of the body of Christ, a "church:"

burger_king_in_london.jpg

Contrasts.

"Have it your way," mayor. Bible chopper. You beat everything...

SaulToPaul 2

At least I go to "the" church here, like everyone else...

200px-0,688,38,382-Sermon4.png

Vs. you, and those other MAD wacko, "cherry pickin'" dispies don't even attend "the" church, or call meeting here, with other "like minded" members of the body of Christ, a "church:"

Yeah, but you only show up at "Easter" and Christmas, and you never partake of holy communion.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yeah, but you only show up at "Easter" and Christmas, and you never partake of holy communion.

That's because, the other times, I'm at "the temple," with other fellow members of the body of Christ, as Acts 2 is obviously about "the" church, which is his body, and written to me, bible stripper.

SaulToPaul 2

That's because, the other times, I'm at "the temple," with other fellow members of the body of Christ, as Acts 2 is obviously about "the" church, which is his body, and written to me, bible stripper.

Why don't you contribute to Rev Tucker's parsonage fund, to keep the bushes trimmed and grass cut?

john w

Hall of Fame
Why don't you contribute to Rev Tucker's parsonage fund, to keep the bushes trimmed and grass cut?

I'm too busy ciphering Nag's SOF, which asserts the following:

"There are 3 Covenants of God:

The Covenant of Redemption establiished in the Godhead, before the foundation of the world, to save a people in God the Son.

The Old Covenant of Works/Law between God and Adam that brings condemnation and death.

The New Covenant of Righteousness performed by Jesus Christ.

From these 3 covenants issue forth all the covenants revealed throughout history and in the bible.

All 3 of these covenants reveal the grace of God.

Each of these 3 covenants can be called a "Covenant of Grace."

Anyone here care to ponder this and scripturally explain why this is so?"**
_______-
** Nag's SOF, 666 edition

john w

Hall of Fame
Might be the right time to employ the ole "inventions of men" stumper on her...
If I do, I might "go off," and get banned, inarculated, or innoculated, or incarcerated, or whatever that word is,sent to the penalty box, having to spend time with those "Mr. Schwump" types.

SaulToPaul 2

If I do, I might "go off," and get banned, inarculated, or innoculated, or incarcerated, or whatever that word is,sent to the penalty box, having to spend time with those "Mr. Schwump" types.

The only thing worse than no more peanut butter and jelly sandwiches is no more peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with Mr Schwump types.