Pro-abortion book aimed at children: "My Sister is a Happy Ghost"

Granite

Hall of Fame
Sounds like the author was traumatized as a child and wrote the book to cope. Frankly, you could easily read this as the aftermath of a miscarriage--the text is ambiguous.

GFR7

Sounds like the author was traumatized as a child and wrote the book to cope. Frankly, you could easily read this as the aftermath of a miscarriage--the text is ambiguous.
I agree that it seems to stem from childhood trauma. If it is the aftermath of a miscarriage, then it's different. The parts I read were in view of what the article authors said about abortion.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I agree that it seems to stem from childhood trauma. If it is the aftermath of a miscarriage, then it's different. The parts I read were in view of what the article authors said about abortion.

Well I read the actual story and a good case could be made for either an abortion or miscarriage...the text itself doesn't really say one way or another.

As for the good Christian folks who terrified the author with their hellfire talk? That should be considered child abuse.

GFR7

Well I read the actual story and a good case could be made for either an abortion or miscarriage...the text itself doesn't really say one way or another.

As for the good Christian folks who terrified the author with their hellfire talk? That should be considered child abuse.
I agree that one can maintain Christian values without threatening talk, particularly with a child.

I did find the rationalizations to point toward deliberate, and not natural, abortion.

Did you notice the author's inscription to "the masochists"?

Granite

Hall of Fame
I agree that one can maintain Christian values without threatening talk, particularly with a child.

I did find the rationalizations to point toward deliberate, and not natural, abortion.

Did you notice the author's inscription to "the masochists"?

Yeah, wasn't sure what to make of that. Checked out her website...she's a very intense artist, I'll put it that way. Kind of out there.

musterion

Did anyone notice how the author reduced and utterly dehumanized the murdered child into some form of consumable commodity?

Which, to child murderers, is all a baby is anyway.

GFR7

Did anyone notice how the author reduced and utterly dehumanized the murdered child into some form of consumable commodity?

Which, to child murderers, is all a baby is anyway.
And this direction is continued with third party reproduction also. Children as commodities.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You mean like in Revelation when everyone becomes undead with new bodies?
No.

It is speaking of a common new age concept of reincarnation in that one is reborn over and over again (as some other person, or some other animal, or some other thing).

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Reincarnation isn't exactly exclusive to the New Age movement here. Just sayin'.
Just sayin' that if you consider a child being reincarnated to a pig or an apple, then it is the new age concept, and not the concept of the bible.