Even Atheist Sam Harris admits Islamic Ideology is Root of Terrorism

Nazaroo

Sam Harris analyzes and condemns fake Liberal lies,
and shows that war and terrorism is all about ideology and religious doctrines.

Yes everyone knows the West has made horrific mistakes in handling Islamic Terrorism.

Yes some of the biggest decisions by Western politicians have been disastrous and immoral.

But we are still facing a perenial "eternal" threat from Islam,
because at heart its an ideological war being unrelentingly raged
against Western values and advances like freedom of speech,
and freedom of religion.

Sam Harris on Islamic Terrorism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkq5bHe_fA

Even Bill Maher is facing up to the fact that ISLAMIC ideology
is at the root of the endless conflicts in the Middle East,
and abhors the liberal media refusing to name the beast and acknowledge it.

Bill Maher: Middle Eastern Terrorism is Islamic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECfKaUXPmYc

rainee

You know I respect what you post Naz and so often benefit from it!

But what if it is not really a religion that is guilty of all this but the evil one using the problems in side man?

I tried to say once before it was political but really it's not that and politics pales compared to this, doesn't it?

Look at them:
That rage and anger, that wanting to make themselves hated by others, destroying even themselves, that land grabbing and really mostly this: an intensified, mad drive for power power power.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
"Even Sam Harris..."?

Doesn't he think that religion is the root of all that's bad in the world? Would you really expect him to give Islam a pass on this? :idunno:

Buzzword

"Even Sam Harris..."?

Doesn't he think that religion is the root of all that's bad in the world? Would you really expect him to give Islam a pass on this? :idunno:

Beat me to it.
How is it any grand revelation that an ATHEIST disapproves of a particular THEIST religion?

Nazaroo

Beat me to it.
How is it any grand revelation that an ATHEIST disapproves of a particular THEIST religion?

Its very simple:

The Dishonest atheists spend all their time attacking ONE religion, Christianity,
and they make excuses and apologies and misdirections
when it comes to REAL violent military cults like Islam.

You can say you're not surprised, and actually this is not wholly unexpected,
that Sam Harris would nail Islam to the wall for its insane ideologies and teachings.
For one thing, Sam Harris is remarkably intelligent and honest,
which you can't say for most atheist apologists.

But you can't say that about the many other atheists who have instead
wasted their whole lives and built careers on disrespecting and
blaming Christianity for all the world's problems.

This is the standard Marxist dogma: Eliminating Christianity = magical Utopia.

The sad thing is, that experiment ended with the Soviet Union
and "Communist" China. It proved that operating Humankind without spiritual guidance
is like poking your eyes out before entering the Indy 500.

Nazaroo

You know I respect what you post Naz and so often benefit from it!

But what if it is not really a religion that is guilty of all this but the evil one using the problems in side man?

I tried to say once before it was political but really it's not that and politics pales compared to this, doesn't it?

Look at them:
That rage and anger, that wanting to make themselves hated by others, destroying even themselves, that land grabbing and really mostly this: an intensified, mad drive for power power power.

One thing we need to take note of,
is that "all religions" covers a variety of 'religions', 'philosophies', and 'ideologies', and also worldviews,
and whether or not these are all properly and fairly classed as competing
'religions' (Christians and Atheists debate about whether Atheism is a 'religion' in some sense all the time),
all these opposing ideas, lifestyles, worldviews are certainly "ideologies".

As "ideologies" (not needing to take a side on which are 'true religions'),
they are all guilty of affecting the behaviour of millions of not very bright people.

Many of these 'ideologies' (like Islam) actually prevent people from examining
the truth
of their assertions, by denying them both an education, and
access to opposing, competing, or alternative worldviews that expose them.

Thus, "Islam" (whether religion or ideology) denies women an education,
and by restricting access to ALL opposing teachings,

prevents followers from challenging their teachings,
and invariably creates a brutal and dehumanizing "class system"
in which women and children are devalued to the point where
they can actually be used as "sex slaves" or "human shields/booby traps".

Arguing about whether "Islam the Religion" or "Islam the ideology"
is at fault
for the horrific violence and injustice it has perpetrated on people
just distracts us from the real point:

That the teaching of "Islam" is based on a paramilitary handbook
that can never substitute as a Bible or a religious book,
and nor can it ever provide the spiritual enlightenment and guidance
that people with a real education and experience need.

Its a dangerous and inferior cult-book that should be for the most part
destroyed, and retired to a museum or research university for historical
purposes.

But "Islam" (whether 'religion' or 'ideology', by whatever name)
can never be the foundation for a sustainable and compassionate and
civilized culture, society and community.

The proof is in the fruits of Islam, which has had 1,400 years to produce
the promised 'utopia' of peace and enlightenment,
but which has only delivered misery and violence and injustice to
hundreds of millions of victims century after century.

Its time for Humankind to move on, and abandon primitive 'fetishes' and cults
like "Islam".

Islam for violent retards, but it doesn't control them: it multiplies and encourages them.

alwight

Its very simple:

The Dishonest atheists spend all their time attacking ONE religion, Christianity,
I don't see any dishonesty in specifically arguing against the particular religion that you were perhaps raised to think of as the one true religion, the one you know best and thereby for many atheists the one that has failed to instil any godly belief, the one that has shown many atheists that all religions are a lie.

shagster01

Its very simple:

You can say you're not surprised, and actually this is not wholly unexpected,
that Sam Harris would nail Islam to the wall for its insane ideologies and teachings.
For one thing, Sam Harris is remarkably intelligent and honest,
which you can't say for most atheist apologists.

But you can't say that about the many other atheists who have instead
wasted their whole lives and built careers on disrespecting and
blaming Christianity for all the world's problems.

This is quite wrong.

This is the standard Marxist dogma: Eliminating Christianity = magical Utopia.

The sad thing is, that experiment ended with the Soviet Union
and "Communist" China. It proved that operating Humankind without spiritual guidance
is like poking your eyes out before entering the Indy 500.

Show me the government that has operated with religion and spiritual guidance and is still flourishing.

zoo22

“In fact, "atheism" is a term that should not even exist. No one ever needs to identify himself as a "non-astrologer" or a "non-alchemist." We do not have words for people who doubt that Elvis is still alive or that aliens have traversed the galaxy only to molest ranchers and their cattle. Atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make in the presence of unjustified religious beliefs.” ― Sam Harris, Letter to a Christian Nation

Yes, Sam Harris things some religions are worse than others. I assure you, he doesn't have much positive to say about Christianity. Read Letter to a Christian Nation

zoo22

"My criticism of faith-based religion focuses on what I consider to be bad ideas, held for bad reasons, leading to bad behavior. Because I am concerned about the logical and behavioral consequences of specific beliefs, I do not treat all religions the same. Not all religious doctrines are mistaken to the same degree, intellectually or ethically, and it is dishonest and ultimately dangerous to pretend otherwise. People in every tradition can be seen making the same errors, of course—e.g. relying on faith instead of evidence in matters of great personal and public concern—but the doctrines and authorities in which they place their faith run the gamut from the quaint to the psychopathic. For instance, a dogmatic belief in the spiritual and ethical necessity of complete nonviolence lies at the very core of Jainism, whereas an equally dogmatic commitment to using violence to defend one’s faith, both from within and without, is similarly central to the doctrine of Islam. These beliefs, though held for identical reasons (faith) and in varying degrees by individual practitioners of these religions, could not be more different. And this difference has consequences in the real world."

— Sam Harris, Response to Controversy/My views on Islam

OCTOBER23

THE EIGHTH EMPIRE IS RISING.

Revelation 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth,

and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Revelation 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
14 ¶ These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are

zoo22

THE EIGHTH EMPIRE IS RISING.

Revelation 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth,

and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Revelation 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
14 ¶ These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are

Do you and Nazaroo agree on the dates of the upcoming apocalypse?

Nazaroo

“In fact, "atheism" is a term that should not even exist. No one ever needs to identify himself as a "non-astrologer" or a "non-alchemist." We do not have words for people who doubt that Elvis is still alive or that aliens have traversed the galaxy only to molest ranchers and their cattle.

Atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make in the presence of unjustified religious beliefs.” Sam Harris, Letter to a Christian Nation

Yes, Sam Harris things some religions are worse than others. I assure you, he doesn't have much positive to say about Christianity. Read Letter to a Christian Nation

dont-label-me.jpg

Nazaroo

Originally Posted by Nazaroo
Sam Harris is remarkably intelligent and honest

Obviously as someone with an IQ of 167,
I meant this in a gentle but condescending way.

But for Zoo22 (who's IQ is hopefully higher than 22),
I'll spell it out:

Sam Harris is remarkably intelligent and honest, for an atheist.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Sam Harris analyzes and condemns fake Liberal lies,
and shows that war and terrorism is all about ideology and religious doctrines.

Thats not saying much though coming from him, since he thinks the same thing about Christianity.