ECT The Other King: Act 17:7

Interplanner

Notice that the Jews stir up this strife that Paul is preaching another King than Caesar. (I didn't expect them to be buddies with Caesar!). But my point is that Jesus was preached as a King. That misunderstanding is there because he was preached as a king but not of a kingdom like you would see with a geographic domain.

This is why the resurrection of Christ is proclaimed as his coronation in terms of Ps 2 and 110. He is the Son who is seated, and who must be honored. Because of his victory, his people willingly serve him.

Paul did preach a king but not a theocracy that conflicted with Caesar.

SaulToPaul 2

Despite what all of your books have told you, and all that you have rationalized away, the LORD Jesus Christ will return one day and crush this world system and it's governments. And righteous rule will be upon the entire earth.

I hope you are humble enough to admit you were wrong, and that you were an unbelieving skeptic, when that day doth arise.

DAN P

Despite what all of your books have told you, and all that you have rationalized away, the LORD Jesus Christ will return one day and crush this world system and it's governments. And righteous rule will be upon the entire earth.

I hope you are humble enough to admit you were wrong, and that you were an unbelieving skeptic, when that day doth arise.

Hi and the Greek word is HETEROS and means a King of a different kind KING !!

dan p

Danoh

It is continually fascinating how sharp some are, only to end up looking rather incompetent in one area or another, simply because they continually violate the most elementary of the three most basic bible study principles, plus one.

I'm reminded of an individual I know who has one heck of a razor sharp mind.

Who I am nevertheless ever able to put one over on to my great amusement, simply due to the fact that as razor sharp as his mind often is, he's never really learned to apply it to looking at things through certain core principles.

Lol - drives him up the wall, which, of course; I love :chuckle:

The poor guy takes it personal :crackup:

And of course, amusement with such moments has it's benefit.

If you are amused with others on these kinds of things, not only are you never rattled by their foolishness, but you are also able to see your own foolishness in theirs, and thereby allow yourself the window to not only see your own foolishness, but to see a means of freeing yourself from your own, a bit more each time.

A little more Andy (Griffith) is what is needed.

A lot less...Barney...:chuckle:

Danoh

More Andy and Less Barney?

See the color episodes (terrible!)

Lol

More Andy-like amusement with, and reflection on, the ways of others...it's what's endearing about him.

Less Barney-like ever taking a thing wrong; ever taking things personal; ever tooting his own horn; ever concluding that is what others are doing; never giving others the benefit of the doubt; never admitting he was wrong; ever ready to condemn others...

It's what's so hilarious about his character.

And Knotts was a master at that character.

Cracks me up just thinking of his making a fuss about one thing or another -

:rotfl:

Danoh

But yeah; the later, in color episodes come off like a wake for Barney's passing...there's no life in them without him.

He was...he ever remains...truly...a classic character...

Interplanner

You realize of course that you've said nothing about the text at hand. How typical.

You must also realize that your yardstick for a person's acceptance with God IS YOUR ESCHATOLOGY. Not in the NT. It is the work of Christ used for justification. You'll be in heaven but no one will be there because they believed a certain eschatology.

You are also blurring the distinction between the NHNE and what Judaism expects. You are going with the latter. I do not find that in the NT, especially not where it would have saved Paul's neck to mention it, like late Acts hot points. Do you? Show me.

Interplanner

But yeah; the later, in color episodes come off like a wake for Barney's passing...there's no life in them without him.

He was...he ever remains...truly...a classic character...

How quickly you guys bury a significant text with blather about emotions/persona/styles. Typical.

Do you have anything rational to say about the text?

Right Divider

Body part

I think that his Bible is missing Zechariah 14.

Danoh

No, that is not denied. What is denied is that it is another episode of Judaism; that it revolves around the ethne Israel; that it is on this earth because there is no such allowance in 2 Peter 3.

There you go again; confusing 2 Peter 3A...with 2 Peter 3B...

:doh:

Interplanner

There you go again; confusing 2 Peter 3A...with 2 Peter 3B...

:doh:

Never heard of that division, when did you guys start dividing that up? It is one piece. there is no Judaic episode in the future. It is one vision. The passage is the longest and most deliberate on the 2nd coming that is in normal language. There is nothing Judaic in any details in it.

Right Divider

Body part
No, that is not denied. What is denied is that it is another episode of Judaism; that it revolves around the ethne Israel; that it is on this earth because there is no such allowance in 2 Peter 3.
This mythological "Judaism" of yours is so cute. You should right a whole book at it; maybe also a movie.

Once AGAIN, YOU need to consider ALL of the Bible instead of just what you consider the NT.

THROUGHOUT the scripture God promises ONE people that they will have a position IN THEIR LAND that is above the other nations on the earth.

The fact that you think that these promises are cancelled shows what an unbeliever that you are.

You (and many others) are Cancellationists!

God does NOT go back on His promises!

Last edited:

Interplanner

This mythological "Judaism" of yours is so cute. You should right a whole book at it; maybe also a movie.

Once AGAIN, YOU need to consider ALL of the Bible instead of just what you consider the NT.

THROUGHOUT the scripture God promises ONE people that they will have a position IN THEIR LAND that is above the other nations on the earth.

That fact that you think that these promises are a cancelled shows what an unbeliever that you are.

You (and many others) are Cancellationists!

God does NOT go back on His promises!

Is that how rom 9:6 resolves it?

What does 'what I consider the NT' mean? I'm referring to the four gospels, Acts, the letters of Paul and non-Pauline and the Rev.

Here is the list of NT passages with attention to the 2nd coming, in plain language (skipping the Rev for now) and there is nothing Judaic:
Rom 2, 8
I cor 15
2 tim 2
Heb 9
2 Pet 3
Acts 17

Beside this, there are number of OT passages that say the land promise was already fulfilled.

Right Divider

Body part
Is that how rom 9:6 resolves it?
Romans 9:6 is very easy to understand, but many (like yourself) get it COMPLETELY backwards.

The CONTEXT of Romans 9-11 is ISRAEL. It is NOT gentiles.

Paul is explaining that the promises that God made with Israel only apply to BELIEVING ISRAEL.

Paul is EXCLUDING UNBELIEVING ISRAEL from the promises that God made to THEM!

The first FIVE verses clearly show the CONTEXT of what Paul is about to write:

Rom 9:1-5 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:1) I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, (9:2) That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. (9:3) For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: (9:4) Who are Israelites; to whom [pertaineth] the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service [of God], and the promises; (9:5) Whose [are] the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ [came], who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

How can you MISS IT? Because you have OTHER PLANS for the text, what's why!

What does 'what I consider the NT' mean? I'm referring to the four gospels, Acts, the letters of Paul and non-Pauline and the Rev.
That's my point EXACTLY! The New Testament CANNOT even BEGIN until the DEATH of the TESTATOR. That does NOT happen until the VERY END of the "four gospels".

Here is the list of NT passages with attention to the 2nd coming, in plain language (skipping the Rev for now) and there is nothing Judaic:
Rom 2, 8
I cor 15
2 tim 2
Heb 9
2 Pet 3
Acts 17
Let's NOT skip Revelation for now. It's TOTALLY and COMPLETELY Israelite start to finish.

Rev 21:22-27 (AKJV/PCE)
(21:22) And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. (21:23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the light thereof. (21:24) And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (21:25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. (21:26) And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. (21:27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Compare this is the prophet of ISRAEL that spoke about the SAME EXACT THING.

Isa 60:16-22 (AKJV/PCE)
(60:16) Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD [am] thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob. (60:17) For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness. (60:18) Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise. (60:19) The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. (60:20) Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended. (60:21) Thy people also [shall be] all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. (60:22) A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time.

Beside this, there are number of OT passages that say the land promise was already fulfilled.
PROVE IT!

P.S. Bonus question: Why does one writer of thirteen epistles in what you claim is ALL NT, never ONCE refer to Jesus as the Lamb of God?