First, an apology to GFR7. Then, about growing a TOL-grade thick skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

Who are the self-righteous idolaters? Let's call a spade, a spade and be done with the nonsense of words like retards and faggots, which have nothing to do with either self-righteousness or idolatry. Then, maybe, we can begin really understand what's going on.

We are all children of God. That is my baseline. I like some, love some, dislike some, loathe some, admire some, seek some and avoid some.
It is always a joy to hear from you my dear friend.

Levolor

You know that the saints are the sinners who fall down and get up. Baruch HaShem for the Gift of His Son! :)

Amen!

A saint is just a sinner that hung in there!

I've been told, and I concur, that it does get quite dark just before the dawn.

Hang in there, everyone... even if a reason can't be found to do so.

IMJerusha

i'm sorry to butt in, being new here and all, but i guarantee you that the length of time a person posts on a site is no reflection of how genuine they are... actually i think it's rather naive to think one can know what someone is really like AFK even if you have been reading their posts for years.

i mentioned in another thread that i post in different forums i've been a regular on some for years... i have recognised at least one person here from another forum who most certainly isn't genuine. Personally, i don't particularly care about this person's reputation... The way i see it... unless someone posts from the position of moral authority it doesn't matter how genuine they are, all that matters is their arguments, to bring up their failings outside of the immediate posts/thread would be an ad hominem, so why pretend that you know them...

Hi Alexa. I was just rereading this thread, saw your post here and wanted to respond. Unlike other ChristianForums, TOL does have an aire of genuineness (is that a word?) to it and I attribute that to its members. We don't hide within our respective faith expression forums so we deal with each other just as we are; some in His Love and others...eh, not so much and there's not as much moderator control here or guile such as an MS abuse center or faux Chaplaincy. Here we can be who we are. In our behavior is our witness and no one can chalk that up to ad hominem or any other debate term. Yeshua either shines from us or He doesn't. I really don't think this place is about debate but rather about the struggle of human life and it's very real. Levolor gets an inspiration and emails me to share her praise to the Lord. Many of us have lost loved ones in tragedy or are shut-in and ill. For some of us, it's about sharing bunny photos and simply smiling over them and a cup of joe every morning. For others it's just admiring intelligence, insight and wit whether we find it in a Gazette, a joke, movie, political or prayer thread. We share our burdens and our joys and it matters that we do that because, although we're dysfunctional, we're the family of God and whether we agree on every aspect of our faith, the faith is important to us, even to the atheists and pagans. This place is a very real journey. Welcome to the journey! :)

Last edited:

IMJerusha

are you suggesting that because God calls 'em fools and abominations, we should call 'em something else? :freak:

God hates sin

should we then say "hey, that's His right!" and embrace sin?

"But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell." Matthew 5:22

Judgement is not ours and please don't hit me with the "we are to judge all things" drivel. We are to discern, and discernment is not judgement.

God is in command, not we. I am in no way implying that we are to embrace sin because God, as Creator, has the right to do whatever He wishes.

IMJerusha

my brother or sister is my brother or sister in Christ

not the hellbound perverts who reject His Word

I suggest 1 Corinthians 13 for your Scripture reading this evening and Matthew 5:43-48 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

We do not get to decide who is hell bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.