Atheism kills 3 in terrorist attack #chapelhillshooting

Daedalean's_Sun

Opinion soured towards the clan among some supporters in the 60s but legislation to deal with their type was established long before that. I'd be interested in knowing if Muslim nations have acts in their constitution that restrict radical groups and whether or not they would enforce the laws. If not, then they could have done more.

Do we have anything in our Constitution, that deals with extremist groups? The Constitution is a limit on the powers of government.

Quincy

Do we have anything in our Constitution, that deals with extremist groups? The Constitution is a limit on the powers of government.

There are enforcement acts that protect people of African descent from white supremacy groups. Governments in Islamic countries should have laws that prohibit terrorizing so called infidels within their borders...... and they should enforce them to keep groups like Isis from gaining power, if they care about people other than their own. Maybe they do, I don't know, I haven't been to one, I can't read any of those languages and I'm not trusting anything on the internet. It shouldn't take one of their own dying before they get upset enough to want to eradicate Isis, though. They should have been that upset the first time a terrorist group killed innocent people (regardless of nationality) in Islam's name.

Aimiel

A 46 year old radical atheist by the name of Craig Stephen Hicks allegedly murdered three innocent Muslims in the name of atheism...
This doesn't make ALL atheists murderers any more than an Al Qaeda bombing makes all Muslims terrorists... or a KKK lynching makes all 'professing Christians' murderers.

Cam

This doesn't make ALL atheists murderers any more than an Al Qaeda bombing makes all Muslims terrorists... or a KKK lynching makes all 'professing Christians' murderers.

Hold on, we might have one here. Are you going to denounce Nick M for telling us the world is a better place since those three college students were murdered?

Aimiel

The thought that it is good that someone was killed who isn't saved isn't right. I don't want anyone to go to hell. Neither does God. Murder is wrong, no matter who tries to justify it.

Cam

The thought that it is good that someone was killed who isn't saved isn't right. I don't want anyone to go to hell. Neither does God. Murder is wrong, no matter who tries to justify it.

I'm with you. When I think of 'Muzzies' I think of people who need Jesus. Some of these cats think they need a bullet.

Some of these "Christians" need Jesus...*cough*...

Aimiel

We are in error if we want anyone dead. We are only given forgiveness as we forgive. If we hold their sins against them then ours are held against us. We need to pray that The Lord of The Harvest will see fit to deliver them from false religion and bring them over to His Team. We are to be about winning this world for Christ, not burning it down or killing those who aren't Christian.

Cam

We are in error if we want anyone dead. We are only given forgiveness as we forgive. If we hold their sins against them then ours are held against us. We need to pray that The Lord of The Harvest will see fit to deliver them from false religion and bring them over to His Team. We are to be about winning this world for Christ, not burning it down or killing those who aren't Christian.

Amen and amen.

I'm going to take it one step further, however, you may not agree. The Lord of the Harvest isn't harvesting people sacrificing animals in a temple made with hands. Unfortunately we have a lot of "Christians" who want to cheer people on to hell.

Aimiel

Oh, I definitely agree with that, even though it certainly isn't 'Christ-like' behavior. Jesus surprised the religious nut-cases in His day by speaking to 'sinners' and even visiting their homes. God forbid a professing 'Christian' today would have any non-Christian friends. Some even think that they are more pleasing to God because they have NO non-Christian friends. :duh:

WizardofOz

You never condemned the murder of these people, therefore you feel the murder was moral.

Your own (il)logic has defeated you once again.

Was this triple murder moral?

Of course, Nick M is too much of a cowardly weasel to address his own self-defeating logic.

rexlunae

A 46 year old radical atheist by the name of Craig Stephen Hicks allegedly murdered three innocent Muslims in the name of atheism...

A horrifying crime, an act of shameful barbarism, and a tragedy, whatever reasons he may have had for it.

Look there. I just responded more strongly than you did to the Charlie Hebdo mass murder.

shagster01

All the moderate Muslims have done until now is offer little aid and verbal denouncements of Isis. Now some of them want to exterminate Isis, which is good but you can't overlook how long it took even that group to get to this point, despite everything else Isis has done to other people in the name of Islam.

All of this could have been avoided if "real" Islam hadn't let its radicals get out of control.

Who is Isis over there killing mostly? Other Muslims. If they support these radicals, why are they being killed by the same radicals?

shagster01

Because, right or wrong, he didn't perceive Christians to be as threatening in the present day, perhaps?

Honestly, I bet he was not out looking to kill Muslims, but got in this argument with 3 random people over a parking spot and the fact that they also happened to be muslim pushed him over the edge about it.

rexlunae

Honestly, I bet he was not out looking to kill Muslims, but got in this argument with 3 random people over a parking spot and the fact that they also happened to be muslim pushed him over the edge about it.

I think we'll find out in time. I can see how he could have gotten himself wrapped up in anti-Muslim sentiments pretty easily. I don't think atheists always thread the needle correctly when they talk about Islam, especially folks like Sam Harris who is very smart, very articulate, and very prone to saying things about Islam that just aren't fair or right.

Arthur Brain

I don't think it is moral to cut people's heads off for not converting, unlike you do. You do, because you will not condemn them for their actions. Let you be accursed.

Neither do I you bloody moron and it says it all about your incredibly thick 'mindset' to think for one moment that I would. You're nothing but a vile, cowardly asinine waste of space with an immature callousness that few manage to match. To so flippantly celebrate the deaths of human beings simply for being Muslim is only something a bloodthirsty psychopathic little knob would entertain doing, so way to go you...

:loser:

Arthur Brain

Where did I say somebody claims it is moral? Build your strawman a little better next time, you silly little homo.

Er, right with the following to me?

I don't think it is moral to cut people's heads off for not converting, unlike you do. You do, because you will not condemn them for their actions. Let you be accursed.

Just how gormless are you?!

:doh:

:dunce:

Morpheus

mopey ruminates on the bizarre way he thinks the world ought to be:

cite?

Being 61 I really don't have to cite literature; I remember. Since the Klan existed prior to the Civil War, and I knew many people in the 50s and 60s who spoke fondly about their membership in the Klan, both past and, at that time, present; and since I remember the Black family that thought that they could move into the White neighborhood near my house, only to have their house set on fire while in their sleep along with the cross in their yard; and since I can clearly recall when (because of the federal government) the Klan began meeting serious opposition in the mid 60s, yet local and state governments in the South fought the feds since they were loaded down with Klansmen; and since, even in Indiana, where I lived, the Klan remained strong enough through the 60s that in the early 70s a banner still hung on the square in Martinsville that read, "Don't Let The Sun Set On Your A__ N____r.". Yes, I have a memory and I can speak of things I have seen with more authority than things I've read. If you wish to refit these facts then feel free to find references otherwise. Might I suggest starting with George Corley Wallace.

[Edit]. Did I forget to mention that one of the women that the Klan protected from her abusive, drunken husband (like I mentioned in my earlier post) was my grandmother. They warned my grandfather once, then next time they broke both his legs.