User Tag List

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 272

Thread: REPORT: God's plan of salvation

  1. #76
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,567
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 238 Times in 222 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    113843

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by TimLutz View Post
    And no I do not believe in Replacement theology. My boss is a Jewish carpenter who made the greatest purist sacrifice ever. Canceling all sin debt to whomever accepts. It was not nail that held Him there. It was love.

    Posted from the TOL App!
    Love! Are you sure? Is there love where one has no other option but to go for it? In the Gethsemane Jesus prayed three times not to walk the Via Dolorosa. Since he got no reply to his prayers, he lost hope and said something like, "Okay, so let thy will be done and not mine." What was Jesus' will? Obviously not to die on the cross. Therefore, he had no option but to take the cross, so to speak.

    It was not of Jesus to cancel the sins of any one as no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30) Only he whom we have offended has the power to forgive our sins. BTW, Jesus himself made that very clear when he said to the one who has brought his offer to the altar and is reminded that someone has a case with him, to leave every thing pending and go first to be reconciled with his brother and then return to the altar. (Mat. 5:23,24)

  2. #77
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    6,529
    Thanks
    331
    Thanked 710 Times in 606 Posts

    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Masada View Post
    Love! Are you sure? Is there love where one has no other option but to go for it? In the Gethsemane Jesus prayed three times not to walk the Via Dolorosa. Since he got no reply to his prayers, he lost hope and said something like, "Okay, so let thy will be done and not mine." What was Jesus' will? Obviously not to die on the cross. Therefore, he had no option but to take the cross, so to speak.



    It was not of Jesus to cancel the sins of any one as no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30) Only he whom we have offended has the power to forgive our sins. BTW, Jesus himself made that very clear when he said to the one who has brought his offer to the altar and is reminded that someone has a case with him, to leave every thing pending and go first to be reconciled with his brother and then return to the altar. (Mat. 5:23,24)

    Ben, have you read "Brothers" about the Jews from Poland during the pograms? It has nothing to do with Christ. Just about the Jews.

    I love the Jews bro. Even those who deny the Messianic claims of Yeshua presented by His Jewish disciples.

    It is unfortunate there aren't any Messianic Jews on TOL that can communicate on your level of intellect. There are many Gentiles that can and do but these believers do not present Yeshua from the Jewish context in which He came and died and rose from the dead. They present what they know and have been taught of which I mostly agree with but it lacks contextual arguments that favor Yeshua as your/our legitimate King Messiah.

    If you want to challenge your thoughts against these of those trained up in Judaism I recommend Dr Arnold Fruchtenbaum, and Gary Derechinsky.

    Both from Polish Jewish historical cruelty handed out by "Christians". Gary's grandfather was conscripted by the Red Army. Many Jewish people who survived that horrific experience before hitler would not share with their families what happened there. They did not share their experience because they felt guilt to have seen their families slaughtered by the so called "Christians" while they survived.

    Bernice Ruebens shares their story in her novel Brothers. I highly recommend that Christians read it.

    Your friend - in2teasing people

  3. #78
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,567
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 238 Times in 222 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    113843

    Lightbulb

    [QUOTE=intojoy;3872345]
    Ben, have you read "Brothers" about the Jews from Poland during the pograms? It has nothing to do with Christ. Just about the Jews.
    No Intojoy, I have not read it. I'll try to google it.

    I love the Jews bro. Even those who deny the Messianic claims of Yeshua presented by His Jewish disciples.
    Sorry pal, but I don't believe Yeshua ever claimed to be the Messiah or that even his disciples presented him as such. Evidence? The Sect of the Nazarenes organized on behalf of Jesus by the Apostles was headquartered in Jerusalem and preached their gospel without being bothered by the local Jews. When Paul brought his gospel to Jerusalem he was almost killed for preaching idolatry in Jerusalem. (Acts 9:20,29)

    It is unfortunate there aren't any Messianic Jews on TOL that can communicate on your level of intellect. There are many Gentiles that can and do but these believers do not present Yeshua from the Jewish context in which He came and died and rose from the dead.
    Sorry again Intojoy, but Yeshua according to the above could never be from the Jewish context but from the context of Paul's gospel. Bodily resurrection is not according to Judaism the Faith of Jesus.

    They present what they know and have been taught of which I mostly agree with but it lacks contextual arguments that favor Yeshua as your/our legitimate King Messiah.
    Yeshua was not our legitimate Messiah. If you read Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord comes forth to save His People; to save His anointed one." That's the word for the collective Messiah, "The Lord's anointed one."

    If you want to challenge your thoughts against these of those trained up in Judaism I recommend Dr Arnold Fruchtenbaum, and Gary Derechinsky.
    I have a few ones discussing the matter through my private email. If there is a way to contact these two men you mention above, I'll be more than happy to comply.

    Both from Polish Jewish historical cruelty handed out by "Christians". Gary's grandfather was conscripted by the Red Army. Many Jewish people who survived that horrific experience before hitler would not share with their families what happened there. They did not share their experience because they felt guilt to have seen their families slaughtered by the so called "Christians" while they survived.
    I have read a lot about the Holocaust and the Jewish persecutions in the Russian Pale but never about these two men.

  4. #79
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    17,166
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 946 Times in 910 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    51116
    [QUOTE=Ben Masada;3872624]
    Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post

    No Intojoy, I have not read it. I'll try to google it.



    Sorry pal, but I don't believe Yeshua ever claimed to be the Messiah or that even his disciples presented him as such. Evidence? The Sect of the Nazarenes organized on behalf of Jesus by the Apostles was headquartered in Jerusalem and preached their gospel without being bothered by the local Jews. When Paul brought his gospel to Jerusalem he was almost killed for preaching idolatry in Jerusalem. (Acts 9:20,29)



    Sorry again Intojoy, but Yeshua according to the above could never be from the Jewish context but from the context of Paul's gospel. Bodily resurrection is not according to Judaism the Faith of Jesus.



    Yeshua was not our legitimate Messiah. If you read Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord comes forth to save His People; to save His anointed one." That's the word for the collective Messiah, "The Lord's anointed one."



    I have a few ones discussing the matter through my private email. If there is a way to contact these two men you mention above, I'll be more than happy to comply.



    I have read a lot about the Holocaust and the Jewish persecutions in the Russian Pale but never about these two men.
    The jews hated God and Christ !

    Posted from the TOL App!
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  5. #80
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    6,529
    Thanks
    331
    Thanked 710 Times in 606 Posts

    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0

    REPORT: God's plan of salvation

    Obviously a pro conscriptor!

  6. #81
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    17,166
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 946 Times in 910 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    51116
    [QUOTE=intojoy;3873055]
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post


    Jesus is Jewish and speaks Hebrew
    Not the Jesus that died for the sins of His people Israel, for He did not have a blood jew father nor was He from a human egg of a jewish woman !

    Posted from the TOL App!
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  7. #82
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    6,529
    Thanks
    331
    Thanked 710 Times in 606 Posts

    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    We have a word we use in Polynesia, neutrally, for calling one a butt.

  8. #83
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    6,529
    Thanks
    331
    Thanked 710 Times in 606 Posts

    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    [QUOTE=beloved57;3873061]
    Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post

    Not the Jesus that died for the sins of His people Israel, for He did not have a blood jew father nor was He from a human egg of a jewish woman !

    Posted from the TOL App!

    Ufa (ooofah)

  9. #84
    Journeyman TimLutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    45
    Would like to point out that there is no shortage of warped people using religion to abuse others.
    Also that Zionist Christians abound. How else could you explain Israel's United States support of millions a day. Plus the middle defence system "Iron Dome". That the Israelis perfected. Then the Christian ministries to aid Jews in Russia. No wonder so many convert in response to outreach of love. The law of love is the Way.

    Posted from the TOL App!

  10. #85
    Journeyman TimLutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Masada View Post
    Love! Are you sure? Is there love where one has no other option but to go for it? In the Gethsemane Jesus prayed three times not to walk the Via Dolorosa. Since he got no reply to his prayers, he lost hope and said something like, "Okay, so let thy will be done and not mine." What was Jesus' will? Obviously not to die on the cross. Therefore, he had no option but to take the cross, so to speak.

    It was not of Jesus to cancel the sins of any one as no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30) Only he whom we have offended has the power to forgive our sins. BTW, Jesus himself made that very clear when he said to the one who has brought his offer to the altar and is reminded that someone has a case with him, to leave every thing pending and go first to be reconciled with his brother and then return to the altar. (Mat. 5:23,24)
    One quick note.
    Look at the over all patterns.
    Matches. Will try to compile a good list when get time.
    But the same hill Jesus sacrifices himself. Is the same one Abraham offered Issac.

    Posted from the TOL App!

  11. #86
    Journeyman TimLutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    45
    Christ was not the Essenes righteous teacher.
    1. Jesus opposed legalism, whereas the Essenes held strictly to it.
    2. Jesus also opposed ceremonial purity, while the Essenes again, adhered meticulously to it.
    3. Jesus associated with common people and "sinners", whereas such activity was appalling to the Essenes.
    4. The sinlessness of Jesus in contrast to the Essene teaching that even the Messiah would be purified from sin by suffering.
    5. Jesus combined several messianic aspects, while the Qumran community was looking for two ( or even three) different messiahs.
    6. Jesus did not teach a strong* hierarchy among his followers, while the Essenes imposed strict social rules.
    7. Jesus group was open, but the Essene community was closed.
    8.Jesus' ministry was public, while the Essenes were very private.
    9. Jesus' teachings were oral, whereas the Essenes emphasised writing and copying.
    10. Jesus' manner of teaching was clear, not obtuse as in the Dead Sea Scrolls.
    11. Jesus had no formal training, in contrast to those from the Qumran community.
    12. Healing was a major part of Jesus ministry, but this aspect was not emphasized at Qumran.
    13. The teaching of love was Jesus' major ethical message, but does not appear in Essenes teachings.

    Posted from the TOL App!

  12. #87
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,567
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 238 Times in 222 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    113843

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by TimLutz View Post
    Would like to point out that there is no shortage of warped people using religion to abuse others.
    Also that Zionist Christians abound. How else could you explain Israel's United States support of millions a day. Plus the middle defence system "Iron Dome". That the Israelis perfected. Then the Christian ministries to aid Jews in Russia. No wonder so many convert in response to outreach of love. The law of love is the Way.

    Posted from the TOL App!
    First about your claim of Israel-USA support of millions a day. More than half of it comes from the Jewish pocket of the Diaspora Jews. The US part is not cash but weapons and defense systems perfected by Israel.

    The aid from Christian ministries especially to the Russian Jews is based on two reasons: First due to the Christian belief that by doing so, they are rushing the return of Jesus and second, money; Jewish money donations to their ministries throughout the Diaspora. Once in LA, I asked this question to a Pastor and he said that the most abundant of donations are from rich Jews to promote their work in Israel.

  13. #88
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,567
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 238 Times in 222 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    113843

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by TimLutz View Post
    One quick note.
    Look at the over all patterns.
    Matches. Will try to compile a good list when get time.
    But the same hill Jesus sacrifices himself. Is the same one Abraham offered Issac.

    Posted from the TOL App!
    Abraham never literally offered Isaac in a burning sacrifice. The test was only part of a Catch-22. He never even left his bed. Here is what happened:

    The Lord's Catch-22

    According to a certain midrash reported by Thomas Mann in his book "Joseph and his Brothers," after a while that Abraham had arrived in Canaan, from his country and folks in Ur of the Chaldeans, he was deeply impressed about the deep love with which the Canaanites would love their gods as to offer their firstborn son in a burn sacrifice. Abraham would go frustrate to think that he could not express his love for Elohim in such a dramatic way.

    As Abraham would try to chew that paradox in his mind, he fell asleep and had a dream. Elohim would identify Himself thus: I am Molech, bull-king of the baalites and command you to bring your firstborn son Isaac and offer him in a burn sacrifice to Me.

    As Abraham set about to do so, the Lord said, "How dare you! Am I Molech bull-king of the baalites? I expected you to know much better. What I have commanded, I did not command so that you would do it, but that you might learn that you should not do it; because it is nothing but an abomination in My sight, instead; and don't confuse the practices of the Gentiles with the People you will sire. Behold a ram; offer it instead.

  14. #89
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,567
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 238 Times in 222 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    113843

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by TimLutz View Post
    Christ was not the Essenes righteous teacher.
    1. Jesus opposed legalism, whereas the Essenes held strictly to it.
    2. Jesus also opposed ceremonial purity, while the Essenes again, adhered meticulously to it.
    3. Jesus associated with common people and "sinners", whereas such activity was appalling to the Essenes.
    4. The sinlessness of Jesus in contrast to the Essene teaching that even the Messiah would be purified from sin by suffering.
    5. Jesus combined several messianic aspects, while the Qumran community was looking for two ( or even three) different messiahs.
    6. Jesus did not teach a strong* hierarchy among his followers, while the Essenes imposed strict social rules.
    7. Jesus group was open, but the Essene community was closed.
    8.Jesus' ministry was public, while the Essenes were very private.
    9. Jesus' teachings were oral, whereas the Essenes emphasised writing and copying.
    10. Jesus' manner of teaching was clear, not obtuse as in the Dead Sea Scrolls.
    11. Jesus had no formal training, in contrast to those from the Qumran community.
    12. Healing was a major part of Jesus ministry, but this aspect was not emphasized at Qumran.
    13. The teaching of love was Jesus' major ethical message, but does not appear in Essenes teachings.

    Posted from the TOL App!
    Jesus was a Jew of the fundamentalist kind of the Essenes and Pharisees. If you don't believe what I am saying, read Matthew 5:17-19. He said, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law but to fulfill it down to the letter even down to the dot of the letter." That's how the Essenes and Pharisees used to do. Jesus even implied with the parable of the Richman and Lazarus that the only way to escape hell is by listening to "Moses" which means the Law.
    Read Luke 16:29-31.

    What's the matter? This is from your own NT. How come you do not understand these things? Trying to hide Jesus' similarities with his Faith which was Judaism? Not too wise.

  15. #90
    Journeyman TimLutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Masada View Post
    Jesus was a Jew of the fundamentalist kind of the Essenes and Pharisees. If you don't believe what I am saying, read Matthew 5:17-19. He said, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law but to fulfill it down to the letter even down to the dot of the letter." That's how the Essenes and Pharisees used to do. Jesus even implied with the parable of the Richman and Lazarus that the only way to escape hell is by listening to "Moses" which means the Law.
    Read Luke 16:29-31.

    What's the matter? This is from your own NT. How come you do not understand these things? Trying to hide Jesus' similarities with his Faith which was Judaism? Not too wise.
    Seems the more I converse with you the more you seem to be more of an athiest posing as a Jewish zealot.
    So here is a a couple tests.
    First a ground plane. Israel was supposed to evangelize. See Jonah. Plus instructions in the law on how to accept gentiles. But no they fell into the trap of being a exclusive intolerant tribe. Hense in the later times the Pharasies got a program started. As exampled by a couple quotes from Jesus.
    But on with it.
    The Temple Mount Faithful have all items needed to start up temple worship including sacrifice. Except that they deem it necessary that the first sacrifice is to be a red heifer. There is usually only one such an animal per generation. But in the last twenty years two have been put forth. But both had flaws. There is a breeding program and even genetic tinkering. God will provide. But the last piece of the end time puzzle is the Ark of the Covenant being returned. Some say it is being kept in Ethiopia. Others say that Jeremiah and the Temple priest hid it in a special prepped area of the tunnel/cistren system under Jerusalem. Some say neither and have other ideas of its where abouts.
    So as a righteous Jew. What would be your first offering?
    Jesus had a lot more sayings on how to be "right" with The Father. Which is actually old Testament. What does God require above sacrifice? And it has always been about being justified by Faith. Do a word search on the words Grace, Faith, and belief.
    Seems that you like to pull things in from out of the scripture to prop up your point. So the person was an eye witness of Abraham. Amazing. I do not believe that the non Jewish history outside of scripture says anything against that part of His Story.
    But it does say that Nimrod named what we call the constellation Orien, the "Hunter". But they call it another name, "The Fool". Which is what some half baked no degree debunker of the Bible really is.




    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Masada View Post
    Abraham never literally offered Isaac in a burning sacrifice. The test was only part of a Catch-22. He never even left his bed. Here is what happened:

    The Lord's Catch-22

    According to a certain midrash reported by Thomas Mann in his book "Joseph and his Brothers," after a while that Abraham had arrived in Canaan, from his country and folks in Ur of the Chaldeans, he was deeply impressed about the deep love with which the Canaanites would love their gods as to offer their firstborn son in a burn sacrifice. Abraham would go frustrate to think that he could not express his love for Elohim in such a dramatic way.

    As Abraham would try to chew that paradox in his mind, he fell asleep and had a dream. Elohim would identify Himself thus: I am Molech, bull-king of the baalites and command you to bring your firstborn son Isaac and offer him in a burn sacrifice to Me.

    As Abraham set about to do so, the Lord said, "How dare you! Am I Molech bull-king of the baalites? I expected you to know much better. What I have commanded, I did not command so that you would do it, but that you might learn that you should not do it; because it is nothing but an abomination in My sight, instead; and don't confuse the practices of the Gentiles with the People you will sire. Behold a ram; offer it instead.


    Posted from the TOL App!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us