Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: REPORT: God's plan of salvation

Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by servantofChrist View Post
    If you said to me, "I'm offering you a gift of $1,000 (wishful thinking!)," and I replied, "Thank you, I accept it." Before the money is actually put it into my hand, I have already accepted your offer when I decided to in my mind.

You said, "The question is, "Have you accepted Godís gift of salvation?" If you have, then you are free from the debt of sin and will enjoy eternity in a loving relationship with the God of all creation."

But then you added to that these two things in Rom. 10:9 (1) confessing the LORD Jesus, and (2) believing with one's heart that God has raised him from the dead.

That goes beyond merely accepting God's gift of salvation. So which one is it?

What if an unbeliever, who has no intention of ever turning to Christ, is told that all he has to do is just "accept God's gift of salvation," he doesn't have to do anything else because the gift is free and unconditional. And he says, "Sure, I'll accept it, since I can keep on living my life the way I want to."
    That's not possible because once a person is born again (freely) they are no longer their own but have been bought by Yeshua's blood and the bible tells us God disciplines those who are His even up to an early death.

That question or argument or scenario - up in smoke.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by servantofChrist View Post
    If you said to me, "I'm offering you a gift of $1,000 (wishful thinking!)," and I replied, "Thank you, I accept it." Before the money is actually put it into my hand, I have already accepted your offer when I decided to in my mind.

You said, "The question is, "Have you accepted Godís gift of salvation?" If you have, then you are free from the debt of sin and will enjoy eternity in a loving relationship with the God of all creation."

But then you added to that these two things in Rom. 10:9 (1) confessing the LORD Jesus, and (2) believing with one's heart that God has raised him from the dead.

That goes beyond merely accepting God's gift of salvation. So which one is it?

What if an unbeliever, who has no intention of ever turning to Christ, is told that all he has to do is just "accept God's gift of salvation," he doesn't have to do anything else because the gift is free and unconditional. And he says, "Sure, I'll accept it, since I can keep on living my life the way I want to."
    The thing you need to ask yourself is what is the Gift of God? Is it salvation? Is it eternal life? What was the Gift that God gave?

I'll give you a hint; it is found in John 3:16. The Gift of God is Jesus!!
    We were given Jesus. He is the gift we need to receive. Jesus is our Salvation. Jesus is our Life. Jesus is our Righteousness...

How often we search for the thing and forget to search for the who. When we possess Jesus Christ we possess all of the things.

Posted from the TOL App!
    Christ is the Gospel; Christ is our righteousness; Christ is our hope!!! No Jesus; no righteousness. No Jesus; no hope!

One Post Wonder
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Trully I say unto you......."

JESUS CHRIST the son of GOD the heavenly father is the way, the truth, and the life, and only through him can we reach the heavenly father GOD almighty!

Agreed with all you stated and preached straight from the holy scriptures.

We must believe to have eternal life, we must love to know the father in heaven through his son lord JESUS, and we must be obedient in that love for that sums up the laws. For with out love we are nothing...be it given or bestowed by grace.

Theology is one thing, but understanding; which we must not lean on our own, but on the grace of GOD through his son JESUS; whom again I repeat Is the way, the truth and the life.

Over 4000 post club CatholicCrusader's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Here is a great series of audio clips from the TV series "Our Father's Plan", all about God's plan of salvation: http://www.ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/seriessearchprog.asp?seriesID=-306548622

"God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it." - Pope Francis

Trainee
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

REPORT: God's plan of salvation

I think you have not read the full bible. There are many activities performed by Jesus that you have mentioned.

1) Did Jesus performed ablution before prayer?
    2) How did he prostrate to worship God?
    3) Was he circumcised?
    4) Did he drinks Alcohol and Wine?
    5) Did he eat pork?

ďFather, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.Ē [Luke 22:42].

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

[QUOTE=ac111971;3835150]I think you have not read the full bible. There are many activities performed by Jesus that you have mentioned.

1) Did Jesus performed ablution before prayer?
    Yes, as the loyal Jew that Jesus was, he performed ablutions not only before prayers but mainly before meals.

2) How did he prostrate to worship God?
    He prostrated on his knees and most the time he would stretch himself flat on the floor face down. The Jewish standing up posture to pray came about after Christianity in order to maintain distinction from Christians.

3) Was he circumcised?
    Most definitely yes and on the 8th day of birth just like any other Jew. (Luke 2:21)

4) Did he drinks Alcohol and Wine?
    Yes, he did. (Luke 7:34)

5) Did he eat pork?
    Most definitely not as he was a loyal Jew, even a Rabbi.

“Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” [Luke 22:42].
    "Yours be done; not mine." (Mat. 26:39) What was Jesus' will? Not the same as that of God. Perhaps that's the reason why God did not answer his pray at the Gethsemane as it was against God's will. It means that Jesus was forced to walk the Via Dolorosa against his will. It also means that Christians are wrong to say that willingly, Jesus walked to the cross to die for all men. He didn't. He even couldn't because it would be a contradiction to Jeremiah 31:30 which says that no one can die for the sins of another.

Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ben, the Torah and Mishna are not equal. One is God's word and one is man's word. Yeshua did not follow Mishnaic law

He broke it repeatedly

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    Ben, the Torah and Mishna are not equal. One is God's word and one is man's word. Yeshua did not follow Mishnaic law

He broke it repeatedly
    Never mind about the Mishnah. The issue under discussion is not Jesus versus the Mishnah but Torah versus the NT. Jesus was a loyal Jew whose Faith was Judaism and the NT is using a Jew to preach against Judaism. My post was to show what Jesus had undergone as a loyal Jew. In fact, the Hebrew Scriptures were the only Scriptures Jesus referred to as the Word of God as he never even dreamed that the NT would ever rise.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to point out his breaking man's law on the sabbath. And redirecting back to it's intent. A day of spiritual and physical refreshment. And if you compare ot to nt you will see the theology threads.

Posted from the TOL App!

Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Masada View Post
    Never mind about the Mishnah. The issue under discussion is not Jesus versus the Mishnah but Torah versus the NT. Jesus was a loyal Jew whose Faith was Judaism and the NT is using a Jew to preach against Judaism. My post was to show what Jesus had undergone as a loyal Jew. In fact, the Hebrew Scriptures were the only Scriptures Jesus referred to as the Word of God as he never even dreamed that the NT would ever rise.

On every occasion in the nt when the Pharisees challenged Yeshua they only challenged Him on breaking Mishnaic law. Only once do they attempt to accuse Him of breaking Mosaic law and when they failed they never tried it again.

That is significant.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    On every occasion in the nt when the Pharisees challenged Yeshua they only challenged Him on breaking Mishnaic law. Only once do they attempt to accuse Him of breaking Mosaic law and when they failed they never tried it again.

That is significant.
    Would you please quote where the Pharisees would challenge Jesus for breaking Mishnaic laws? I can't find those challenges.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pharisees and Scribes Challenge Jesus About Tradition (Matthew 15:1-20; Mark 7:1-23)

Posted from the TOL App!

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by TimLutz View Post
    Pharisees and Scribes Challenge Jesus About Tradition (Matthew 15:1-20; Mark 7:1-23)

Posted from the TOL App!
    Both quotes above are anti-Jewish slanders by Hellenists former disciples of Paul with the intent to promote the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. If those texts were true Jesus would be in contradiction with himself after his declaration that he had come to fulfill and to confirm all the Jewish laws down to the letter, even down to the dot of the letter of Matthew 5:17-19. Are you ready to deny that Jesus was telling the truth in Matthew 5:17-19? I didn't think so. Because of these difficulties, I have come to the conclusion that no more than 20% of the NT is worthy learning something from.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bm

Are you ready to deny that Jesus was telling the truth in Matthew 5:17-19?
    Jesus told the Truth, but the jews did not believe Him ! They hated Him ! Do you deny that ?
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got an bigotry problem?

Posted from the TOL App!

Thread Information