Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: REPORT: God's plan of salvation

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post REPORT: God's plan of salvation

The most important question that anyone will ever be required to answer in life is the same question that will determine the true quality to which that life can be lived for all eternity. The question is, "Have you accepted Godís gift of salvation?" The answer to this one question will determine eternity for you. The question is not, "Are you a good person?" or, "Do you go to church?" Or even, "Do you have a knowledge that Jesus Christ lived and died?" The question is, "Have you accepted Godís gift of salvation?" If you have, then you are free from the debt of sin and will enjoy eternity in a loving relationship with the God of all creation. If you decide not to accept Godís gift, then you will spend eternity burdened with the debt of your sin and all of its horrible consequences. God is a gentleman and will not force anyone to live with Him. He has given us the free choice to accept and love Him, or to reject and be apart from Him.

Who needs the gift
    The Bible tells us that everyone is in need of Godís great mercy: Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

A price to be paid
    The debt, or price of sin, is separation from God who is holy. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is deathÖ"

Payment in full
    But God is loving and wants to have fellowship with His children. Like any good father, He does not want us to die. However, He is a just God and could not simply pretend that we had never sinned and allow us to go free without the debt being paid. So He made a way for us to come back into union with Him, and still maintain justice so that the debt is paid in full. God Himself paid our price, not with the wink of an eye, but with His own blood. Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Salvation
    However, a gift, no matter how great and wonderful, is useless if it is not accepted. In order to benefit from Godís sacrifice for us, you must accept the gift. The Bible states: Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Putting it all together
    The choice is as simple as it is vital. Humble yourself before God and admit that you are a sinner. Tell God that you realize that the price for your debt is death, but that you accept His gift and believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for your (personal) sins. Tell Him that you believe that He raised Jesus from the dead, showing that you also will be raised. Then thank Him. What a wonderful Father. He made the entire universe, the billions of stars and planets and galaxies. He constructed the incredible complexity of the human brain. He holds all of creation together by the power of His spoken Word. That He would be willing to come to us, to be humbled and beaten and spit upon and even to suffer the death of the cross, for you and me, that is a God to love. A God to thank and to praise forever and ever. How wonderful is His name.
    - Open rebuke is better Than love carefully concealed. - Proverbs 27:5

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumor has it "nowhere on TOL will you find how to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior", so I thought I would give this Front Page Report a bump.
    grace & peace

Your powers are weak, old man. Knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,323 Times in 696 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    Rumor has it "nowhere on TOL will you find how to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior", so I thought I would give this Front Page Report a bump.
    Well, you know what they say about rumors.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Download the new TOL app for iPhone, iPad, and Android...

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,117 Times in 10,018 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to respond to taoist about that, but for some reason I haven't been able to post on CF. Oh well.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Praise the Lord for His wonderful gift of salvation.

BUMP!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,745 Times in 5,956 Posts

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Jesus is who says he is, and that God raised him from the dead, for my salvation.

I accept, without any qualifiers. Thank you Jesus.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goooooo Jesus!
    fidelis usque ad mortem

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Well, you know what they say about rumors.
    That they cause us to drink RUM and smite one another with ORS [oars? no?]

That they Really Upset Mood Of Registered [and] Staff?

That they...RRR...UM...Overthrow Relational Stability?

That...they...

okay I'm done.

Yes, I'm bored. Bored bored bored b

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS Thx for posting the Gospel...truly can't find it on some boards.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    The most important question that anyone will ever be required to answer in life is the same question that will determine the true quality to which that life can be lived for all eternity. The question is, "Have you accepted Godís gift of salvation?" The answer to this one question will determine eternity for you. The question is not, "Are you a good person?" or, "Do you go to church?" Or even, "Do you have a knowledge that Jesus Christ lived and died?" The question is, "Have you accepted Godís gift of salvation?" If you have, then you are free from the debt of sin and will enjoy eternity in a loving relationship with the God of all creation. If you decide not to accept Godís gift, then you will spend eternity burdened with the debt of your sin and all of its horrible consequences. God is a gentleman and will not force anyone to live with Him. He has given us the free choice to accept and love Him, or to reject and be apart from Him.

Who needs the gift
    The Bible tells us that everyone is in need of Godís great mercy: Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

A price to be paid
    The debt, or price of sin, is separation from God who is holy. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is deathÖ"

Payment in full
    But God is loving and wants to have fellowship with His children. Like any good father, He does not want us to die. However, He is a just God and could not simply pretend that we had never sinned and allow us to go free without the debt being paid. So He made a way for us to come back into union with Him, and still maintain justice so that the debt is paid in full. God Himself paid our price, not with the wink of an eye, but with His own blood. Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Salvation
    However, a gift, no matter how great and wonderful, is useless if it is not accepted. In order to benefit from Godís sacrifice for us, you must accept the gift. The Bible states: Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Putting it all together
    The choice is as simple as it is vital. Humble yourself before God and admit that you are a sinner. Tell God that you realize that the price for your debt is death, but that you accept His gift and believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for your (personal) sins. Tell Him that you believe that He raised Jesus from the dead, showing that you also will be raised. Then thank Him. What a wonderful Father. He made the entire universe, the billions of stars and planets and galaxies. He constructed the incredible complexity of the human brain. He holds all of creation together by the power of His spoken Word. That He would be willing to come to us, to be humbled and beaten and spit upon and even to suffer the death of the cross, for you and me, that is a God to love. A God to thank and to praise forever and ever. How wonderful is His name.
    This is the REAL message of change America and the world needs!
    fidelis usque ad mortem

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Choice Too

Amen brother
    I rejoice in the fact that God the Father chose me in Christ before the foundation of the world to be his adopted son through Jesus!
    I am so glad that my choice of Jesus is based on the fact that the Father first chose me in Christ!! I rejoice that all this was worked out and still is being worked out in the power and life of the Spirit!!!
    This is my testimony when anyone speaks of choosing salvation.
    God bless you.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for a friendly BUMP on this thread.

Praise God and His goodness!
    The L-rd bless you and keep you;
    The L-rd make his face shine upon you,
    And be gracious to you;
    The L-rd lift up his countenance upon you,
    And give you peace.

Abortion is murder. Period.

The Flying Ban Hammer ✈ Spam Killing Tomcat Sherman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 6,706 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Excellent Post. Thanks for bumping.

The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

One Post Wonder
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Salvation
    Romans 10:9 was written to the saved not the unsaved, making this scripture irrelevant to an unbeliever. Show me any example in scripture where an unbeliever made such a confession and was saved in doing so. Your teaching is false.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,745 Times in 5,956 Posts

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lioncub View Post
    Romans 10:9 was written to the saved not the unsaved
    Then why did Paul tell them they will be saved?

Show me any example in scripture where an unbeliever made such a confession and was saved in doing so[/QUOTE]

Didn't he just do that? Salvation during the dispensation of grace consists of hearing the gospel, and believing.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Thread Information