question for MADIsts.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus came first for those who already belonged to God.

Then when he was crucified, he opened up the flood gates.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Show me the verse with the words 'flood gates' in it.

I still want to see the verse with the words 'flood gates' in it.

Show me the verse.

God's Truth

I still want to see the verse with the words 'flood gates' in it.

Show me the verse.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

God POURS out the Holy Spirit to all He accepts, since Jesus' crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension.

God's Truth

Romans 5:5
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.

Acts 10:45
All the circumcised believers who had accompanied Peter were amazed that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles.

Titus 3:6
This is the Spirit He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,

Malachi 3:10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The blood of the perfect one covers all my sins, past, present, and future.
All your "trying" can never accomplish that.

Jesus' blood covers and washed the sins you repent of doing.

The blood offerings commanded by God in the Old Testament that many of the Jews were offering were as period blood on a women's 'rag'. That tells us the blood offering has to be met with true repentance. God did not like it that the Jews would sin, give a sin offering, but not really be sorry for their sins.

That is why John the baptizer yelled who has warned you about the coming wrath...and to PROVE YOUR REPENTANCE BY YOUR DEEDS.

Paul says the EXACT SAME THING.
Let's see what ya got here.

Your definition of "repent" is "stop sinning".
By your own definition, it only has to be done once.
Because once you have repented (stopped sinning), there would be no more sins to repent of.

Of course the rest of us know your definition is bogus.
But we also know how you like to hang on to lies.

Right Divider

Body part
ONE of your numerous problems is, your inability to "Rightly Divide" the word of God, the Bible.
She quotes scripture without a clue what it means. If she understood Romans, she would understand that the Jews and Gentiles WITHIN the Kingdom of Israel were DIFFERENT from the Gentiles OUTSIDE the Kingdom.

Romans 1:16 refers to the Gentiles that BLESSED Israel (also like Cornelius in Acts 10).

But that's completely over her head.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Sure does, 105k miles. It's nice for carrying around my motor "sickle" with side car.

So, when you bought that truck, did you notice on your back, this sign taped to it, when you were leaving the "dealership?':

sucker.jpg

You're in denial.

Danoh

She quotes scripture without a clue what it means. If she understood Romans, she would understand that the Jews and Gentiles WITHIN the Kingdom of Israel were DIFFERENCE from the Gentiles OUTSIDE the Kingdom.

Romans 1:16 refers to the Gentiles that BLESSED Israel (also like Cornelius in Acts 10).

But that's completely over her head.

I'm curious - what is YOUR understanding of the sense of that passage's "to the Jew first"?

Thanks, D.

Right Divider

Body part
I'm curious - what is YOUR understanding of the sense of that passage's "to the Jew first"?

Thanks, D.
That the "also the Greek/Gentile" refers to Gentiles that blessed Israel and not those outside of the covenants of promise (i.e., heathen Gentiles). As per Genesis 12.

Danoh

That the "also the Greek/Gentile" refers to Gentiles that blessed Israel and not those outside of the covenants of promise (i.e., heathen Gentiles). As per Genesis 12.

Romans 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

I'm aware of the teaching that "and also to the Greek" there refers to those Gentiles that had blessed Israel.

It is not my understanding, but I am aware of it.

I was asking about your sense of verse 17's "to the Jew first..." which I believe you did answer.

So just to be clear your understanding is that verse 16's "to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" refers to both.

That in your understanding, the word "also" is qualified by the understanding on your part, that these Greeks are Gentiles who, because they had blessed Israel, per Genesis 12, as had been the case in Acts 10, as to Cornelius, are blessed WITH said believing Jews.

If I am not mistaken, it is also what STP is often pointing to as to his sense of Galatians 3.

Is that about right?

It is not my understanding - but is that about right?

I was just curious about your sense of "to the Jew first."

Just being curious about how another sees a thing.

Thanks, RD.