ECT Heaven

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Oh no, when did this happen?

And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit. (Ephesians 2:20-22)​
AD 70 or so as I understand it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
UNTILLECTUALL

YOU ASKED A QUESTION :
When I think of the word heaven, in relation to where a person might go when they die
---------------------------------
And I gave my comment and now you are dismissing me because

I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOUR LIMITED CONCEPT OF GOD'S POWERS.

WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME - YOU UNTILLECTUAL NEWBIE

HAVE YOU STUDIED THE SCRIPTURES FOR 45 YEARS.??????

HAVE YOU LIVED AND SUFFERED IN THIS WORLD FOR 68 YEARS ?

=============================================
The way you are approaching me now, well... who am I to tell anyone it is not acceptable. I simply don't know why you think I am judging you at all. I don't have a concept of God's powers, but He is all-powerful.

Sheila B

When I think of the word heaven, in relation to where a person might go when they die or when God judges them (after they die or rapture when they are changed though they did not "sleep"), I think that there is a verse maybe in Corinthians but most definitely in John.

Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Not sure about the verses you refer to.

Sorry I cannot give credit where it's due, but someone on tol recently described heaven as a restoration of the unity of dimension.
That is, at the fall, time was created, and dimensional realities were created.

So, heaven is in a dimension that we cannot access unless God wills it. (Similar to Paul being "outside of the body in the 3rd heaven", etc)

Somehow, we are in several dimensions at one time according to Jesus Who said we are in heaven, seated on his throne or at his right hand. While we are not aware of this existence outside of our dimension, it is a reality as Jesus says.

Sorry, I am not explaining this well at all.

Anyway, when the New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven from God...
it will be because there will only be One dimension when all else passes away. Eternal Now.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
John 14:2 NASB - "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.

2 Corinthians 5:6 NASB - Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord--

2 Corinthians 5:8 NASB - we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

2 Corinthians 12:2 NASB - I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago--whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows--such a man was caught up to the third heaven.
Not sure about the verses you refer to.

Sorry I cannot give credit where it's due, but someone on tol recently described heaven as a restoration of the unity of dimension.
That is, at the fall, time was created, and dimensional realities were created.

So, heaven is in a dimension that we cannot access unless God wills it. (Similar to Paul being "outside of the body in the 3rd heaven", etc)

Somehow, we are in several dimensions at one time according to Jesus Who said we are in heaven, seated on his throne or at his right hand. While we are not aware of this existence outside of our dimension, it is a reality as Jesus says.

Sorry, I am not explaining this well at all.

Anyway, when the New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven from God...
it will be because there will only be One dimension when all else passes away. Eternal Now.
I'm not sure, but the verses above should help start a person to understand, except that I was not talking about the third heaven.

Sheila B

John 14:2 NASB - "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.

2 Corinthians 5:6 NASB - Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord--

2 Corinthians 5:8 NASB - we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

2 Corinthians 12:2 NASB - I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago--whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows--such a man was caught up to the third heaven.I'm not sure, but the verses above should help start a person to understand, except that I was not talking about the third heaven.

Yes, those are all good verses pointing to the mystery of being "in Christ" here and now and in the hereafter.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, those are all good verses pointing to the mystery of being "in Christ" here and now and in the hereafter.
In light of knowing of the resurrection (and the discussion of eternal life), they are helpful in establishing, I believe, the existence and reality of heaven as a destiny for some individuals of mankind. The other alternative is hell and the lake of fire, the second death.

I do not have figured out yet what the new heaven and new earth will look like, or their (these, its) significance.