NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
can carroll recover from this?
can he put the pieces back together?
What's broken? He made a horrible call. It happens (see Green Bay). Doesn't have to be the end of the world and he can console himself with the fact that minus a few previously important pieces he could have just been a back to back coaching champion.

I'd be optimistic were I a Seattle fan and not without reason.

Granite

Hall of Fame
On the other hand that was a miracle catch and if you can't score in the fourth quarter you really don't deserve to win against a team that managed it twice.

Butler's place in New England sports lore is assured. No doubt. Right up there with Dave Roberts's stolen base.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Butler's place in New England sports lore is assured. No doubt. Right up there with Dave Roberts's stolen base.
Yeah, Butler opened a personal tab in every pub in New England last night. :chuckle: And he seemed like a good kid. Another thing I like about your Pats comparatively. No junk grabbing. No bad sport brawl instigating. No take time in a game to point out you're better at your position than someone else on the other side, etc.

Game particulars aside, the better ambassador for the sport won and that's a win for everyone who cares about more than metrics that without a larger context are what, really?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yeah, Butler opened a personal tab in every pub in New England last night. :chuckle: And he seemed like a good kid. Another thing I like about your Pats comparatively. No junk grabbing. No bad sport brawl instigating. No take time in a game to point out you're better at your position than someone else on the other side, etc.

Game particulars aside, the better ambassador for the sport won and that's a win for everyone who cares about more than metrics that without a larger context are what, really?

Ya know, I couldn't help but think: When the Giants had our number--twice--you didn't see the Pats out there throwing a tantrum.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What was up with Chris Collinsworth acting as if he had some insider information about deflategate?

Collinsworth repeatedly suggested that something big was going to happen re: deflategate after the Super Bowl.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ya know, I couldn't help but think: When the Giants had our number--twice--you didn't see the Pats out there throwing a tantrum.

As much as I hate the Patriots, the Seahawks came across as a bunch of arrogant cocky thugs.

When Sherman was making Revis' number with his fingers then doing the touchdown signal with his arms after the Seahawks scored a TD because the receiver used the ref as a pick on Revis, that was really a classless act.

And after having to constantly hear about Lynch's "crotch grab", and how childish he acted at the press conferences before the game, I really don't feel too bad for the Seahawks or their fans.

Whether the Patriots cheat or not, they have a lot of class when they win and when they lose (Except for Gisele)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Haters gonna hate.:cheers: :smokie: :devil: :bow:

Of course !!!

Here you go:

super-bowl-trophy-deflated-e1421843739161.jpg

Granite

Hall of Fame
As much as I hate the Patriots, the Seahawks came across as a bunch of arrogant cocky thugs.

When Sherman was making Revis' number with his fingers then doing the touchdown signal with his arms after the Seahawks scored a TD because the receiver used the ref as a pick on Revis, that was really a classless act.

And after having to constantly hear about Lynch's "crotch grab", and how childish he acted at the press conferences before the game, I really don't feel too bad for the Seahawks or their fans.

Whether the Patriots cheat or not, they have a lot of class when they win and when they lose (Except for Gisele)

She's a goddess, we won, and the rest of the world can seethe. Don't care.

I'm gonna bask and gloat in this win for the rest of my natural life.:devil:

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

P.S. This is why the rest of the world hates New England fans.:noid:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sports irony....

Last year, the only people who could have possibly enjoyed the Super Bowl were Seahawks fans.

This year, the only possible people who could HAVE NOT enjoyed the Super Bowl are Seahawks fans.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
His instinct on that play was simply INSANE. He saw it in his sleep. I'm not really joking.
It was an incredible play by Butler. One of the best plays I have ever seen.

But... he (and the rest of the Patriots) had nothing to lose at that point. Run, or pass, they had to go all out and try to make something happen.

It's incredible that he was able to not only break up that pass but intercept it and do all of that without making illegal contact. It seriously was one of the best plays in sports history. It was also the worst play call in sports history.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I was thinking those same things.

The one guy I do feel bad for is Russell Wilson. He is a class act and a great football player.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What was up with Chris Collinsworth acting as if he had some insider information about deflategate?

Collinsworth repeatedly suggested that something big was going to happen re: deflategate after the Super Bowl.

they could suspend brady for a few games
and
this would force belichick to develop a younger quarterback
and
brady would later be the backup

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
they could suspend brady for a few games
and
this would force belichick to develop a younger quarterback
and
brady would later be the backup
Brady isn't going to ever be a backup.

I'm no Patriots fan but you can't argue with Brady's success. He's one of the best QB's of all-time and he will be a starter until he decides to retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.