Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Thursday Morning Gazette​

So after must decided a description of a sandwich lunch smacked of...
Do you lift your pinkies when you eat that, Thurston?
Did you type that entirely with your pinkies?

Sounds kinda hoity-toity.
What do you eat, vegetables you pull out of the earth, dirt and all and raw bleeding meat? :plain:

That led us...
'twas a joke, counselor. ;)

And...
I'll just chalk it up to your inimitable style of wordification.
You've been herettacked...because towned sounds like a vague gentrification. :think:

Differed with Zeke on faith...
Yea when people are cultured to think they are depraved from birth that type of mentality creates a dependent spirit needing a hero to save them from themselves,
Not how it went with me. As for the need in men for a savior, I'd say that any serious reflection on our nature in relation to God's should lead to the conclusion. Self perfection isn't in line with who and what we are.

Which is why I see the literal take of the OT scripture as the foundation for such Dictatorships to gain rule over so many mentally.
I don't see Christ as a dictator or his yoke as a burden.

Then on the Pats deflate gate business...
I agree. Let's say NE is totally innocent,
Why would we do that?

I'd be extremely angered by all that's going on if I were Brady or Belichick or Kraft and I'd probably feel like an apology is in order. It's a huge distraction while they are trying to prepare for the Super Bowl and they should be getting celebrated.
And they'd be justifiably outraged were they animal lovers and someone produced then killed a unicorn. :plain:

Then rainee took my "I considered NotForProphet before settling on the dryer handle. And if you've ever settled on a dryer handle you know just how uncomfortable that can be" and ran with it...fell on it and put her eye out... :shocked:
...You may not realize it but TH just explained worlds about himself.
Bet you five bucks he got it.

And, please, please, do not settle on any handles because I doubt we could survive more than one with that problem.
I wonder if he gets what this says. :think:

Mishandled the cursive thread...
I don't believe in teaching children to cursive...

You're writing about now, aren't you. :plain:

Talked about cycles with bybee...
As I read political commentaries and listen to the words of newscasters I wonder about the current, apparent, identity qualifications of those of us blessed to be Americans?
US? Haven't we always been a motley and mongrel crew?

The rampant, demanding, invasive, pervasive tentacles of political correctness has already redefined what is permitted in thought, word and deed by American citizens.
:think: You know how much I hate the term PC, which too often seems to me an excuse for uttering what a decent upbringing would otherwise silence while attempting to wrap it in the clothes of public virtue...that said, I suppose it's always been that way. If you lived in one day you'd be careful who you spoke to about economic inequity for fear of being labeled a communist or a radical. Same with racial equity and on and on. There's always a guy pushing new ideas and expanding freedoms and there's always another clutching a handbasket and yelling at him to get out of the yard as though it belongs to him.

That's America, isn't it. :eek:

Then with our resident Muslim...
What makes you think America is God's favoured nation?
I don't.
American was founded by secular principles.
Aimed in large part at protecting religious freedom from the tyranny of the majority and/or empowered. We weren't always successful, but we're a work in progress.

...vices are widespread.
...People we differ with have the same right to their conscience that we do. I don't count that a weakness and I suspect any people who repress ideas aren't protecting ideas worth very much. As for the rest, again, freedom is a messy business and it's up to the individual to root out and contextualize.

... Saudi Arabia is a nation of God, not America. Surely!
Or not, supra. :e4e:

Still finding time to help out a pal...
Hey AB, any truth to the rumor that you've been putting together a DIY show for the BBC skewed toward Baker Street devotees with the working title My Craft Homes? :plain:

It was that or a show about winning fixer uppers on blind bids entitled Sheer Luck Homes. :eek:

And...
Oddly enough, no there isn't and I deeply resent the accusation along with your utterly cringe worthy puns and the besmirching of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in the process.
Like we haven't seen your prison manufactured Arthur's Con Doilies on the Holmes Shopping Network. :plain:

Then FS made a late bid...
AB, Town said if I want to make it into his gazette, I had to talk to you. So, I'm talking to you. :plain:
It's a lot like talking to yourself drunk, only you know what's coming next. :plain:

Tomorrow? Truth, football and more generally curious comments. :)

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Listen sweetheart, you're welcome to a complex regarding Town's posts when the only time he mentions you is in the Report Race. Until then, zip it! :kiss: ;)

(Yeah, I was gonna call it a Race Report but that didn't sound right for some odd reason. :nono:)

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm seriously considering installing a row of those huge hair dryers. :think: Maybe a magazine rack.

Afternoon, ladies. :e4e:

Did you know there'a a poster named Nanja? Apparently been here a while. I wonder if she's a Southern ninja.

bybee

I'm seriously considering installing a row of those huge hair dryers. :think: Maybe a magazine rack.

Did you know there'a a poster named Nanja? Apparently been here a while. I wonder if she's a Southern ninja.

With a Magnolia tree growing nearby....

IMJerusha

Afternoon, Town! I knew we'd drag you out of your doldrum! :D

I really wouldn't know about such thangs! :peach: Ehrm....pass me that People magazine, will ya, hon? I hear tell George and Amal are rocky.