Thread: Wicksoman's DOTD 11/21/05 - Clete

Friendly Neighborhood Admin Turbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fool
    If I argue with someone and they feel the need then thats one thing.
    But bad repping someone when your not even posting a response is akin to throwing a chair at a guy who's in a bar fight that your not involved in.
    If you got the time to post a rep you got the time to tell someone why their wrong,
    That's why there is a comment area attached to each rep.

in the thread, and then you get to defend it.
    Um, no. The latter would take much much more time. That should be obvious.

If someone is reading a thread and they like or dislike a post, they can rep it whether they feel like jumping in or not. And I can see plenty of reasons why someone would not want to bother engaging with someone whose post they feel is so bad as to warant a bad rep. Those are often given for intellectual dishonesty, intentionally missing the point, unresponsiveness, utter stupidity, etc. and not just a matter of a difference in point of view.

If anything I would think reps both good and bad are more likely given by observers of a thread rather than participants.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 5020
    It seems as though, from the opening post, that Clete did respond before bad repping her. He just didn't keep responding.
    That was more of a rhetorical statement about bad rep in general.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo
    Was my question loaded? Sheesh! I just asked her if she was still in the dark about why I hadn't responded to her post.
    I'm not sure why my answers are confusing to you. I did not see you specifically say, "Wickwoman, this is the reason I did not respond to your post." Other than the scripture you posted which I believe I showed you was not appropriate for ignoring someone but only to encourage you to answer with wisdom and clarity. I saw your posts. I believe I responded to nearly all of them line by line. So my yes or answer would be "yes, I know the reason if the reason is the scripture you posted. Or, no and I don't know the reason if the scripture is not the basis for your ignoring me, because it's the only one you offered me."
    "When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fool
    "Wicksoman's DOTD 11/21/05 - Clete "
    Who's Wicksoman?
    Someone who can't spell very good? The "s" is the letters just below the "w" on the keyboard. I did change it, but the email notification continues to keep the first spelling.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand what the big deal is. There's plenty of people on TOL that we all ignore. I ignore Squeaky's posts, for example. Why is this such a big deal, wicky?
    No big deal. I just actually wanted to know what his answers were. I think Clete is a very unforgiving and hard nosed person when it comes to his moral pet peeves and the sins of others, but he is more than willing to let himself off the hook for the small sins he thinks his God isn't interested in. I think that's very convenient for Clete.

It seems as though, from the opening post, that Clete did respond before bad repping her. He just didn't keep responding.
    Clete did not address any point or question of mine. All his responses were addressed to others who had questions for him and he was specifically responding to them.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O.K. Well I guess Clete doesn't have any real scriptural basis for the opinions I called him on and I will just chalk that one up to a supposed Christian who excuses his own behavior conveniently but is unwilling to afford that same grace to others.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickwoman
    I didn't pretend to know why Clete was ignoring me
    But now you do pretend to know:

O.K. Well I guess Clete doesn't have any real scriptural basis for the opinions I called him on and I will just chalk that one up to a supposed Christian who excuses his own behavior conveniently but is unwilling to afford that same grace to others.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had asked,
    Did you see and understand what was above that Proverb?
    ...to which you indirectly replied:
    I'm not sure why my answers are confusing to you. I did not see you specifically say, "Wickwoman, this is the reason I did not respond to your post." Other than the scripture you posted which I believe I showed you was not appropriate for ignoring someone but only to encourage you to answer with wisdom and clarity. I saw your posts. I believe I responded to nearly all of them line by line. So my yes or answer would be "yes, I know the reason if the reason is the scripture you posted. Or, no and I don't know the reason if the scripture is not the basis for your ignoring me, because it's the only one you offered me."
    I'll take that as a "no." Thank you.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, whatever, Turbo.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But now you do pretend to know:
    I guess, means I'm making a guess. And, more than anything, it was my last ditch effort to bait him into answering the post. So, in the absence of any compelling evidence to the contrary, that's my guess and it stands until otherwise cast down by Clete.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess, means I'm making a guess.
    I figured you'd use that word to wiggle out of that one.

And, more than anything, it was my last ditch effort to bait him into answering the post.
    I know.

So, in the absence of any compelling evidence to the contrary, that's my guess and it stands until otherwise cast down by Clete.
    My guess is that he won't mind one bit.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured you'd use that word to wiggle out of that one.
    I used that word because that's the word I meant. There's no wiggling involved. It is a testimony to my state of mind when I was posting. I was guessing. End of story.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just thinking out loud, but maybe someone should actually get an automatic nomination for a TOL award for receiving Wickwoman's dodge of the day...

Just a suggestion.

Grace and Peace

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BChristianK
    I'm just thinking out loud, but maybe someone should actually get an automatic nomination for a TOL award for receiving Wickwoman's dodge of the day...

Just a suggestion.

Perhaps it is an award (badge-of-honor-wise) in it's own right!

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wickwoman View Post
    Someone who can't spell very good? The "s" is the letters just below the "w" on the keyboard. I did change it, but the email notification continues to keep the first spelling.

(12210 Days, 42 Days, 3 Days, 150 Days)

5/21/2011 ?

The Month of May represents an intersection in the Parallel between the sequence of:

12210 Days, 42 Days, 3 Days, 150 Days ... that exists between the Lifespan of the Antichrist, and the Celestial Measurement that marks the events of Revelation:

5/21/2011 ?

NUMBERS 26:3 And Moses and Eleazar the priest spake with them in the plains of Moab by Jordan [near] Jericho, saying,
    NUMBERS 26:4 [Take the sum of the people], from twenty years old and upward; as the LORD commanded Moses and the children of Israel, which went forth out of the land of Egypt.
    NUMBERS 26:9 And the sons of Eliab; Nemuel, and Dathan, and Abiram. This [is that] Dathan and Abiram, [which were] famous in the congregation, who strove against Moses and against Aaron in the company of Korah, when they strove against the LORD:
    NUMBERS 26:10 And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up together with Korah, when that company died, what time the fire devoured two hundred and fifty men: and they became a sign.

God uses the "Two Witnesses" to announce the Divorce between Genetic Dan and Aaron, at the month of the parallel intersections between the pattern of 12210 Days, 42 Days, 3 Days, 150 Days ... in the Month of May, at the 20th of the Month, or at the 21st of the Month. In the mist of some fire God has raised or as an announcement. Love and Blessings.

Thread Information