User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45

Thread: Wicksoman's DOTD 11/21/05 - Clete

  1. #16
    Friendly Neighborhood Admin Turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,316
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1013
    Quote Originally Posted by wickwoman
    I didn't pretend to know why Clete was ignoring me nor why you did...
    By this do you mean that you still don't know why I initially blew off your post? Or do you mean that you didn't know at the time?

  2. #17
    Over 500 post club wickwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo
    By this do you mean that you still don't know why I initially blew off your post? Or do you mean that you didn't know at the time?
    It was a reply to your assertion that you believe I think the reason you didn't and Clete didn't answer me was because I stumped you. And I've never tried to give a reason why you or Clete didn't answer.
    "When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  3. #18
    Over 500 post club wickwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198
    I saw the scripture you posted about answering a fool according to his folly.

    I responded to it that it doesn't mean don't answer a fool. It means not to answer him "according to his folly." Which means basically getting on the same level with the fool. But instead you should give a wise answer.
    "When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  4. #19
    Friendly Neighborhood Admin Turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,316
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1013
    Quote Originally Posted by wickwoman
    I saw the scripture you posted about answering a fool according to his folly.

    I responded to it that it doesn't mean don't answer a fool. It means not to answer him "according to his folly." Which means basically getting on the same level with the fool. But instead you should give a wise answer.
    Did you see and understand what was above that Proverb?

    Would it kill you to give a straight answer now and then?

    By this do you mean that you still don't know why I initially blew off your post?
    Possible straight answers include "Yes," or "No."

  5. #20
    Gold level Subscriber fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,764
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 555 Times in 371 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    196217
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo
    Possible straight answers include "Yes," or "No."
    Not so fast there Turbo.
    Sometimes a question can be loaded in such a manner that yes or no would be incorrect, this is what they mean about " according to his folly".

  6. #21
    Gold level Subscriber fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,764
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 555 Times in 371 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    196217
    "Wicksoman's DOTD 11/21/05 - Clete "
    Who's Wicksoman?
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  7. #22
    Friendly Neighborhood Admin Turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,316
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1013
    Quote Originally Posted by fool
    Not so fast there Turbo.
    Sometimes a question can be loaded in such a manner that yes or no would be incorrect, this is what they mean about " according to his folly".
    Was my question loaded? Sheesh! I just asked her if she was still in the dark about why I hadn't responded to her post.

  8. #23
    Over 2000 post club Mr. 5020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,368
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 60 Times in 41 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    22145
    I don't understand what the big deal is. There's plenty of people on TOL that we all ignore. I ignore Squeaky's posts, for example. Why is this such a big deal, wicky?

  9. #24
    Gold level Subscriber fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,764
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 555 Times in 371 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    196217
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 5020
    I don't understand what the big deal is. There's plenty of people on TOL that we all ignore. I ignore Squeaky's posts, for example. Why is this such a big deal, wicky?
    I get pissed at people who bad rep me without engaging in the dialog.

  10. #25
    Over 2000 post club Mr. 5020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,368
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 60 Times in 41 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    22145
    Quote Originally Posted by fool
    I get pissed at people who bad rep me without engaging in the dialog.
    Why?

  11. #26
    Gold level Subscriber fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,764
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 555 Times in 371 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    196217
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo
    Was my question loaded? Sheesh! I just asked her if she was still in the dark about why I hadn't responded to her post.
    That was more meant as a rhetorical statement about straight answers that had a tie-in with the fool and his folly thing.
    You aren't going to give me those disks are you?

  12. #27
    Over 2000 post club Mr. 5020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,368
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 60 Times in 41 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    22145
    Quote Originally Posted by fool
    You aren't going to give me those disks are you?


    If I didn't know better, I'd say Turbo lied about having those disks.

  13. #28
    Gold level Subscriber fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,764
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 555 Times in 371 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    196217
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 5020
    Why?
    If I argue with someone and they feel the need then thats one thing.
    But bad repping someone when your not even posting a response is akin to throwing a chair at a guy who's in a bar fight that your not involved in.
    If you got the time to post a rep you got the time to tell someone why their wrong, in the thread, and then you get to defend it.
    Most of the bad rep I've recieved was from people that were'nt even participating in the thread they repped me for.
    I consider them to be the lowest form of punk, having no honor, and being worthy of nothing other than a thrashing.

  14. #29
    Over 2000 post club Mr. 5020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,368
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 60 Times in 41 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    22145
    Quote Originally Posted by fool
    If I argue with someone and they feel the need then thats one thing.
    But bad repping someone when your not even posting a response is akin to throwing a chair at a guy who's in a bar fight that your not involved in.
    If you got the time to post a rep you got the time to tell someone why their wrong, in the thread, and then you get to defend it.
    Most of the bad rep I've recieved was from people that were'nt even participating in the thread they repped me for.
    I consider them to be the lowest form of punk, having no honor, and being worthy of nothing other than a thrashing.
    It seems as though, from the opening post, that Clete did respond before bad repping her. He just didn't keep responding.

  15. #30
    Friendly Neighborhood Admin Turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,316
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1013
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 5020
    It seems as though, from the opening post, that Clete did respond before bad repping her.
    No, the formatting just makes it look like that. She was attempting to re-post her reply to one of his posts to kmoney.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us