I don't have a problem with the Iraq war or Afganistan war

republicanchick

The main problem I have with these wars is their effect on Middle East Christians. For example, at the beginning of the Iraq war there was an estimated 1.5 million Christians in Iraq and now there are fewer than 400,000. Regardless of what has been said to the contrary, the Christians in Iraq know and tell the true story which is that they felt safer under Hussein who kept them safe from sectarian violence. It is the same reason that many Christians, and other religious minorities, in Syria tolerate the police state of Bashar al-Assad.
These wars continue and with them the deliberate extinction of Middle Eastern Christians.

we need a CATHOLIC president

+

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re-read the last statement in my post. I wouldn't suggest anything that vacuous. ;)

There is the issue of right and wrong and it is the place of the governments to topple evil governments. And that might not sit well with the hypocrite liberals in the USA, be it democrat, re-publicans, or libertarians. And clearly the RINOs are concerned with what liberals think of them. I for one have no idea why.

Violation of UN resolution 1441, firing on US forces in the air, arguably Scott Speicher, mass murder of Kurds, support of fellow Sunnis al-Qaeda, offering money to murder Americans and Israelies...you name it, Hussein did it. The UN resolution was Bush's main focus in my non humble opinion. Our secret hero Cheney was probably of the latter reasons.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm just sitting around waiting to go to Iran after 2016, much to the chagrin of Mrs. M.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
There is the issue of right and wrong and it is the place of the governments to topple evil governments. And that might not sit well with the hypocrite liberals in the USA, be it democrat, re-publicans, or libertarians. And clearly the RINOs are concerned with what liberals think of them. I for one have no idea why.

Violation of UN resolution 1441, firing on US forces in the air, arguably Scott Speicher, mass murder of Kurds, support of fellow Sunnis al-Qaeda, offering money to murder Americans and Israelies...you name it, Hussein did it. The UN resolution was Bush's main focus in my non humble opinion. Our secret hero Cheney was probably of the latter reasons.

These are all things that you would think would be reasons but from what I have gathered watching this stuff for the past 30 years or so and paying attention to orders of events and such; I don't think so :nono: .
Now....all these make great excuses for our actions, but our foreign policy over the past few decades (at least) as been firmly in the Machiavellian Realpolitik camp. Hell....Ask Kissinger. I betcha' he'd agree with me. :chuckle:

That having been said...

How many here are familiar with the Petrodollar System? :juggle:

shagster01

My question, then, is why Iraq? There are many, many countries that could fall under the catagory of "wrong."

Why are we not invading Saudi Arabia and North Korea, for example?

Daniel1611

The whole "War on Terror" is a fraud and a racket. People that are against the wars, for the most part, are just too afraid to say it because they will be accused of "hating the troops." I'll say it. These wars are a fraud and a racket and the enemy is secretly on the US government's payroll. And ISIS is the newest project to be funded on the American taxpayers' dime. We won't defeat ISIS or any of the other terrorist groups because our government is supplying them with money and weapons. These partisan hacks debating on which country to send someone else's kids to fight in next are fools.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
The whole "War on Terror" is a fraud and a racket. People that are against the wars, for the most part, are just too afraid to say it because they will be accused of "hating the troops." I'll say it. These wars are a fraud and a racket and the enemy is secretly on the US government's payroll. And ISIS is the newest project to be funded on the American taxpayers' dime. We won't defeat ISIS or any of the other terrorist groups because our government is supplying them with money and weapons. These partisan hacks debating on which country to send someone else's kids to fight in next are fools.

Wow, and I thought republicanchick was irrational.

republicanchick

this is about as bizarre as posts get..

taken your meds today?

++

Daniel1611

"War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small 'inside' group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes."

-General Smedley Butler, US Marine Corps major general (the highest rank authorized at the time) and, at the time of his death, the most decorated US Marine in history.

republicanchick

huh? latter reasons?